Status: Hope you like this Avery!

Sing Your Fears Away

Is All That We See Or Seem, But A Dream Within A Dream?

With a sudden wail, Keria sits up in bed with tears streaming down her face. Thunder and lighting rumble outside her window and she whimpers hugging her stuffed bunny Emmes, closer to her small body. Shadows dance around her room and Keria's hazel eyes dart around in fear as her heart pounds in her chest. Her eyes land on her closet and she starts to shake, knowing that the monster with the red eyes will come out to get her soon. Keria glances over at her bedroom door and stands up on her bed, she takes a shaky breath and jumps off her bed like she's entering the long jump at the Olympics and runs to the door. Twisting the door knob Keria rips opens the door and steps out of her room shutting the door behind her quickly so the monster in the closet can't get out.

Thunder outside crackles and the lighting brightens up the sky sending a hand like shadow into through the hallway window. Keria starts to whine as the hand reaches out for her and she slams herself into the wall trying to avoid its evil clutches. Sliding along down the wall Keria heads to her parents bedroom and jumps the whole way at every sound she hears. The sky lights up and Keria chokes on a scream when Shawn starts bawling from his room. Fearing that the monster with the red eyes has gone after her little brother Keria runs to his room and opens the door in a hurry. Looking around she sees no monster and runs over to Shawn's crib.

“T-the monster won't h-hurt you. I-I'm here,” Keria sniffs wiping away her tears as she stares at her brother through the bars of his crib. Shawn's cries turn to whimpers when he hears Keria's voice and stares at her with his teary mixed eyes. “Come on Shawn,” Keria whispers fearing that the monster will hear her. Shawn crawls over to the edge of the crib, shoves his hand through the bar and reaches out for Keria. She grabs his hand and looks around the room once again, “I'll save you,” she whispers and lets go of Shawn's hand. Keria shoves Shawn's hand back into the crib and she stands on her tip toes to unlock the crib. The side of the crib drops down and lands with a loud crack making Keria and Shawn both jump. Keria lifts Shawn out of the crib and glances over at the closet in the room.

The red eyes of the monster glow in the dark and Keria tightens her hold on her brother, “You can't hurt him!” she yells and runs to the door the best she can with Shawn in her arms. Keria runs out of the bedroom and she screams when she sees a large shadow standing in the middle of the hallway. “Daddy!” Keria screams at the top of her lungs with tears rolling down her face as the shadow comes closer to her. “Daddy!”

Shawn starts to cry in Keria's arms and Keria turns her back on the shadow. She runs into the bathroom, slams the door shut and locks it. Keria darts over to the far corner of the bathroom and sits down with Shawn in her lap. Through her tears she tries to make him stop crying, all the while begging for their daddy to save them from the monster. The bathroom door's handle turns and it starts to shake when the monster can't get it. 'Let me in Keria. Let me in!' the monster growls. Looking down at Shawn in her arms Keria starts to cry and buries her head in her brothers neck. They are both going to be eaten by the monster. 'Give me your bother and I'll let you go,' the monster hisses in a sickly voice. Keria shakes her head and rocks from side to side.

With her eyes closed she picks her head up and holds Shawn close as she tries to block out the monster's voice. “I reach towards the sky. I've said my goodbyes. My heart's always with you now. I won't question why so many have died, my prayers have made it through yeah. 'Cause with all these things we do, it don't matter when I'm coming home to you,” Keria sings softly to herself and her brother. Mommy always sung the song to Keria when she missed her daddy. Shawn hears his sister's voice singing the familiar tune and he quiets down even though he knows something is wrong. Thunder rumbles outside and Keria keeps singing.

'Open this door Keria. Open this door right now! Open it now or I'll break it down,' the monster screams in rage and still Keria keeps singing. The sound of the door being kicked makes Keria tense up and she screams when the door splits in two from the force. Shawn starts to cry once again and Keria turns her body away, trying to keep her brother safe from the monster. The monster uses his powers to fill the bathroom with light and he reaches out for Keria. He wraps his large scaly hand around her arm, “Daddy! Daddy!” Keria cries shaking like a leaf and she nearly drops Shawn. The monster rips Shawn out of her arms, “No! Give him back! Daddy!”

“Keria! Keria!” Keria starts hitting the monster trying to get her baby brother back while still screaming for her daddy. “Keria! Ker-ow!”

“Keria!” A new voice calls her name and Keria starts to panic, there are two monsters. “Keria open your eyes!”

Keria's eyes snap open and she's face to face with her mommy's worried brown eyes. Keria's looks around her and she see's that she's in her room. “Mommy!” Keria cries with tears falling down her face as she throws herself into her mother's arms.

“Shhh. Shhh it's okay baby, mommy has you. I have you,” Avery says rocking her little girl from side to side while she strokes her damp hair. “It was just a nightmare,” she coos.

“Where Daddy?” Keria asks and Avery sits back a little on the bed to so that Matt is right beside her holding a watery eye. “Daddy hurt?” Keria asks and Matt smiles at his daughter. He's not going to tell her that she hit him in the eye in her sleep.

“I'm okay baby girl,” Matt says and takes Keria out of Avery's arms. Keria cuddles into her father's chest and Matt kisses the top of her head.

“My dream was scary Daddy.”

“It was? Well I know something scarier,” Matt says and Keria shakes her head. “Yes I do.”

“What Daddy?” Keria asks and Matt licks his lips.

“Me,” he hisses and Keria snaps her head up screaming when she sees red eyes and razor sharp teeth in place of her Daddy's hazel eyes and nice smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keria's room
Shawn's room

TC goes to Edgar Allan Poe's A Dream Withing A Dream

This is only the 1/2. The second will come soon.