Status: Hope you like this Avery!

Sing Your Fears Away

Come Back To Me

Thick, dark clouds smother the night sky, hiding the shining stars and moon from sight. In the distance a flash of lighting brightens the sky followed by a faint crack of thunder. Large drops of rain fall from the sky lightly before they start to pick up and crash down onto the ground below. The rain slaps against the windows of a house and brown eyes stare out the window taking it all in.

“You're still awake?” a groggy voice croaks making the brown eyed women jump slightly. She glances over her shoulder at her sleepy husband and gives him a soft smile.

“You know I can't sleep during a storm Matt,” Avery whispers and Matt sighs. He rubs the heel of his plum into his eyes wiping the sleep away before he sits up in the bed.

“A little thunder and lighting won't hurt you Ery,” Matt mutter through a yawn and Avery rolls her eyes. She knows that the storm won't hurt her, but ever since she was little she has had a...dislike for thunder storms. Matt wraps his arm around Avery's waist and pulls her into his side, “I'll sing your fears away,” Matt whispers in Avery's ear making her shiver. “Or I can do something else,” Matt taunts as he places a ghost of a kiss on Avery's temple.

“Isn't that how Keria and Shawn came along?” Avery questions and Matt smirks trailing his lips along Avery's neck and shoulder.

“Is it?” Matt asks staring into Avery's brown eyes with his wide innocent hazel ones. Avery giggles and presses her lips to Matt's. Matt lightly pushes Avery onto her back and crawls between her legs not once breaking their lip lock. Matt tangles his right hand in Avery's flowing dark hair and shutters when he feels the heat of her core seep through the thin material of his pajama pants. Matt breaks the kiss and lets his lips wonder down Avery's body until he gets to her covered chest. With his left hand Matt slowly starts to slide Avery's shirt up her stomach and just as the light material is almost over the round mounds a sudden wail pierces the air like a knife making Avery gasps and Matt groan.

“Keria,” Avery breaths out in fear and pushes Matt off of her before she jumps up out of bed and hurries out of the room. Matt stares down at his hips and sighs seeing his member standing up at attention. Rolling over onto his back Matt grips his hair in his hands and sighs, it would be he luck to get cock blocked by his own daughter. Closing his eyes Matt wills his boner away with many awful images of his band mates and grandparents wearing speedo's. Matt shutters in disgust and shakes the images from his head now that he's boner free. The sound of a quite whine flouts into Matt's ears and he picks himself up out of bed. Turning the monitor off on the nightstand Matt leaves the bedroom and heads to his son Shawn's room.

Opening the door Matt pokes his head inside and he frowns see Shawn standing up on shaky legs with tears rolling down his little face. “What's wrong little man?” Matt asks as he steps into the room. Shawn's hazel-blue eyes glisten in the moonlight and he holds his arms up for his daddy to pick him up. Matt scoops Shawn into his arms and kisses his forehead, “I think someone is a little wet huh?” Matt coos softly as he bounces Shawn in his arms while he walks over to the changing table. As soon as Matt places Shawn on the table Shawn starts to cry harder and louder. Matt makes quick work of changing Shawn's diaper, but the damage has already been done. “Okay, okay shhh. You're alright,” Matt whispers once Shawn is back in his arms. He starts to rub circles on Shawn's back and exits the nursery only to find Avery walking out of Keria's room with Keria in her arms still crying.

Matt and Avery share a look and head into their bedroom together. As they sit down on their bed a loud booming crack of thunder roars in the sky making the two children scream in fear. Matt hands Shawn over to Avery without a word and climbs off the bed. Bella paddles into the room and wines when she sees her two smaller owners crying. She places two of her paws on the bed and tries to lick at Keria's feet. “Down Bella,” Matt orders and the Lab drops down to the floor with a huff. Walking into the closet Matt looks around smiles when he finds the extra blankets and pillows. Stepping out of the closet Matt walks over towards the fireplace and sets to work on making a big enough 'fort' for the whole family to fit into. “Come here Bella,” Matt orders and Bella walks over to Matt. Matt motions for the dog to get into the fort and Bella walks inside curling up into a ball.

Standing up off of the floor Matt walks over to the bed and sits on the edge, “Keria baby girl look what Daddy made for us,” Avery says softly and Keria shakes her head. “You don't want to see what Daddy made?” and again she shakes her head. Matt looks at Avery confused and she frowns lightly. “Nightmare” she mouths and Matt nods his head understanding that it must have had something to do with him. Matt holds out his hands and Shawn falls into them happily now that he has seen the fort made up on the floor. Matt stands up off the bed and walks over to the fort, he sets Shawn down on the floor and watches as he crawls in after Bella. Matt beckons Avery to bring Keria and she nods her head. Matt crawls into the fort and when Avery enters with Keria he frowns. His little girl won't look at him at all.

“Lost the meaning of our stay, learn to live another day. Doubt the choices that we've made I know that we can't hide our shame. It's only in disguise,” Matt sings softly and Shawn crawls into his lap sitting on his right thigh. “Drowning in our own debris. Fool our thoughts as though we're free. Close our eyes so we can see the depth of all we mean to be, if only in my eyes.” Avery rubs soothing circles onto Keria's back and kisses the top of her head while Matt sings. Keria's tears start to slow down and she starts to sniffle.

“Are you going to sit with Daddy?” Avery asks quietly and Keria shakes her head. Avery sighs and hugs her daughter tightly. “You still scared?” Keria nods her head. “Daddy will sing your fears away,” Avery whispers and Matt smiles hearing that. “He's not the monster from your dreams.”

“I don't mind. Mother cries. Find me on my better days, to lose it once again, in a way,” Matt sings and Shawn stares up at him happily, no longer crying.

“Look at Shawn, he's safe with Daddy,” Avery whispers and Keria's head turns slightly so she can see her little brother. She stares at Shawn and then glances at her daddy's eyes, she doesn't see any red.

“So try and love me while you can and take the time to understand. As long as I can touch your face,” Matt looks at Keria and winks, “you know I'll never leave this place. If only in my mind.” Keria's mouth turns up into a small smile and she wipes the tears from her face.

“Daddy...” she mummers and crawls out of Avery's arms and into Matt's. Matt kisses the top of Keria's head and holds her tightly with one arm. “You're not a m-monster anymore right?” Matt stares down at his daughter and shakes his head.

“I never was baby girl. You had a bad dream,” Matt explains.

“It was scarw Daddy,” Keria mutters and cuddles into Matt's chest.

“I'll always sing your fears away.”

“Sing Hush Liwwle Babies pleawes? Matt smiles and nods his head. He sings Hush Little Babies softly and Avery smiles watching their children fall asleep in Matt's arms.

“Dada...” Shawn mummers out before he goes under and Matt grins.

“Wove you Daddy,” Keria whispers through her yawn as her eyes blink for the last time for the night.

“Love you guys too,” Matt mummers pressing his lips to both his kids heads and Avery smiles. She takes Shawn from Matt's arms and lays him down on one of the pillows while Matt does the same with Keria. Matt and Avery crawl out of the fort and climb into their own bed to lay side by side.

“I love you Matthew,” Avery whispers and Matt smiles showing off his dimples in the moonlight.

“Love you too Avery,” Matt says and pulls his wife into a gentile kiss before he pulls away to yawn. Avery laughs and cuddles into Matt's chest finding sleeping much easier then before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt and Avery's bedroom
The fort
Bella

Title Credit goes to Avenged Sevenfold's Almost Easy