Sequel: Remembering Sundays

Original Love

Chapter Thirteen

Jack's POV:

Standing up, he stretched his legs as he tried to get the feeling back in them from sitting for too long. For being in first-class, the seats still sucked just as bad as economy and Jack really couldn't wait to get off this stupid plane and actually find a real bathroom to pee in. This was one of the few downfalls to always touring. Sucky plane bathrooms and traveling too much. Yes he loved seeing new places but he hated the process of actually getting there. He had no fear of flying but just didn't like planes. The least they could do was make them relatively comfortable for the passengers, especially an international flight. But no. After all these years the seats were just as bad and he always wanted to land even after only five minutes of being in the air.

"Dude, I'm so tired." Alex muttered next to him as they stood off to the side at the other side of the gate to wait up for the rest of their group.

Jack couldn't help but agree but couldn't actually say it out loud since he was in the middle of one of the biggest yawns of his life. Another little fun fact about him and flying, Jack could never actually sleep on the plane. He really couldn't wait to get to the hotel and sleep. That was probably the only time he was only going to be able to sleep in an actual bed while they were in the UK so he was going to savor that moment for as long as possible. As soon as he called Erica once they finally got settled. After that, he had no plans other than getting real food after choking down airplane food and sleeping.

The rest of their group slowly made their way off the plane and then Flyzik did a head count before announcing they were going to get their bags and then head to the hotel. The whole ordeal took longer than usual because instead of only one, two people had missing bags and the line in customer service was unusually long that day. They ended up splitting up, leaving Rian and Danny to wait for their turn in line with Colussy while the rest of them headed toward the hotel since everyone was getting way too antsy and falling asleep on their feet.

As soon as Alex and Jack's shared hotel room was open and Jack got a glimpse of one of the two queen beds in the room, he rushed inside and flopped down on it with a grateful sigh. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath, relaxing into the mattress halfheartedly listening to Alex talk to himself as he did whatever he was doing. Jack didn't have the energy to actually see what his best friend was doing as he let his eyes slip closed and was about to fall asleep when he heard Alex say Charlie's name. Opening his eyes, he saw his best friend with a silly love struck grin on his face as he talked to his girlfriend on the phone making Jack remember that he still needed to call Erica. Forcing himself to sit up, he pulled his phone out and dialed the proper code to make a out of country call and then put the phone to his ear waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey there stranger,"

Just hearing her voice made him smile as he flopped back down on the bed and imagined he was giving the same love struck face Alex had. Only he was just staring at the ceiling not wanting to be caught with a dopey grin on his face. That was all he needed. Alex asking who was making him smile like that when he didn't even know where he and Erica stood. Yes he liked her, a lot, but he knew and respected the fact that she wanted to take things slow and wasn't going to push her into anything. He knew he needed to take things slow too, since his dating history wasn't the best either.

"Hi there, how was the shoot?" He replied, instantly hearing her sigh in response. "That bad huh?"

"No it was fine, it was just really long and my feet hurt. Dealing with annoying stuck up bands gets annoying easily."

"Hey!"

She laughed through the speaker making Jack grin more. She was so cute. "That doesn't pertain to you. You're actually not that bad once they get to know you. You're only stuck up at first. Anyway, so how was your flight? I assume you're already there unless you have a layover but needed to call me since you miss my voice."

Jack sighed at the mention on missing her. "Yeah I miss your voice. It's weird going from seeing you basically every day to being halfway around the world." He mentioned making her aw at him and he rolled his eyes at the ceiling. She was such a dork. "But yeah we're here. And the flight was horrible. I was by a screaming baby and high maintenance passengers."

"And I bet one of them was you too?"

"The screaming babies or the high maintenance passengers?"

"Take your pick,"

"You're extra mean today," Jack pouted as her adorable giggle came again making his frown disappear.

"Oh please, wipe that annoying pout off your face. I know that's what you're doing right now. And I was just teasing. You know I don't mean it."

Jack yawned and nodded even though he knew that she couldn't see. "Yeah,"

"Tired?"

"You have no idea," he replied as he saw someone walk back into the room as saw Alex set his room key down on the nightstand between their beds then going off into the bathroom.

"Then you should get some sleep, we have plenty of time to talk later." She said as he hummed in agreement. "Thanks for calling though, I'm glad you got there safe."

He agreed and promised to call the next day before they said goodbye and hung up. Even five minutes after they had hung up, he was still smiling. And he didn't even realize he had been until Alex walked back in the room and mentioned it to him.

"So who were you talking to that's making you smile like that?" Alex continued after pointing it out to him. Jack was trying to fight the blush on his cheeks as Alex laughed at him. "C'mon Jackary, don't deny it. You and I both know that you're a horrible liar."

Jack just blushed more as he got up and began to go through his bag to hide it. "You're ridiculous, I don't know what you're talking about."

Alex's smirk was enough to tell him that he didn't buy it. But the older boy was right, Jack was a horrible liar. His family and friends could always tell when he was trying to hide something and he knew Alex was relentless at getting information from people and he didn't want to say anything more. So he grabbed a random pair of jeans and a shirt along with his toiletry bag and muttered something about taking a shower and rushing into the bathroom and shut the door.

He sighed at his reflection in the mirror before turning the shower on and waiting for the water to heat up. It was going to be harder and harder not to say anything about Erica if he kept falling more and more for her each day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and kind of a filler but here you go! I am really surprised that I actually waited a week like I had said I would. I had been tempted many times to just update but didn't Lol

Anyway, this may see to just look like this is lagging but I promise, in a few chapters things are going to pick up and some drama is going to come. That's going to be in like fourish chapters. But until then it's more cuteness and a few more rewrites since some important things about this story happened in RS too and I wanted to include them. So prepare yourselves! =}

And huge thanks to fagatron; for making the layout for me! <3 And also thanks to upxallxnight for commenting. Love you guys!