Sequel: Remembering Sundays

Original Love

Chapter Twenty

Alex's POV:

Charlie pulled the car up to the curb and put it in park as Alex stared out the window. Noah was in his car seat in back, talking away, not noticing the obvious mood that had fallen over the car. Without saying anything, Alex pulled the door handle so it opened and then climbed out and began to make his way around back to the trunk of the car to grab his things. Charlie did the same and met him in the back, reaching out and pulling the door open with a grim look on her face as he grabbed his bags. The airport was as busy as it usually was for a weekday and people rushed by, bags already in had, wanting to be the first ones in line to check in and get their tickets. As Alex closed the trunk door, Charlie rocked back on her heels watching and Alex knew that she was just trying to figure out what to say to him.

When he turned and set his bags down on the cement, she rushed forward and he welcomed the hug eagerly and wrapped his arms around her in return. "Do you really have to go?" He heard her ask, voice muffled since her lips were pressed against his shoulder.

"Yeah I'm sorry, but I'll be back, I promise. Maybe you can even come to Baltimore sometime. I'm sure Rachael wouldn't mind watching the squirt for a few days. I'd love to show you around the city and I'm sure Jack and the others would love to see you too."

She nodded and slowly pulled away from him, reaching up and pressing her lips to him. "Ok, I'll see if I can manage something like that. But please be safe, and call me when you land!"

"I promise," he mumbled against her lips after giving her another kiss. "I love you."

She pulled away completely to look at him, shocked yet happy look flashing through her eyes. "You do?" He nodded in reply, wondering if it was still too soon to say it. "I love you too!"

Charlie wrapped her arms around him again and gave him a deep kiss, neither of them caring that they were showing PDA in a very public place. Nothing else mattered except each other, sharing a moment on the airport sidewalk in their own little world. Finally Alex had to pull away, with as sad look on his face.

"I have to go," he muttered, leaning his forehead against hers. "But I promise to call you as soon as I get to Baltimore."

"Ok, I love you,"

"I love you too,"

---

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is now safe to use any wireless devices but please stay seated until the fasten seatbelt sign is off once we reach our gate. It is currently 60 degrees here in Baltimore and is 2:45pm. We hope you had a great flight and thank you for flying with us today and for choosing Delta as your flight of choice."

Looking out the window, Alex saw the all too familiar scenery of his home as the plane continued to taxi across the miles of runway toward the gate. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and turned it on and waited for it to start up. The bag he had brought as a carryon was already packed and slid under the seat in front of him so he just turned his attention back to the window as he waited for any calls or text to come in that he had missed during the flight. The phone happened to buzz three times making Alex frown as he unlocked it to see who had tried to contact him while he had been traveling. Turns out, as he scrolled through his phone they were all texts and he began to open them to see who they were from.

From: Charlie
I miss you already. And I really do mean it when I said I love you earlier!


From: Rian
Hey dude, I know you're probably already in the air by the time you get this but I can't pick you up so Jack is going to! Can't wait to see you!


Those had both been when he had been flying. But the third one had just came in minutes before he had turned on his phone once again.

From: Jack
Yo. Don't know if you got Ri's text or not but you'll be graced with seeing my lovely face first when you get home.


To: Jack
I just landed and am calling Rian to beg him to come and pick me up instead of you. I can stand a few extra days without seeing your ugly face.


Of course they were just joking but they always loved to make fun of each other. And they were so close that neither of them had to say that they were joking anymore since they automatically knew. It was funny to him the fact that they always goofed around with each other but in an instant they both could get so serious and give advice and comfort to the other. That's just how their relationship had always been.

From: Jack
Boo. You whore.


A Mean Girls reference? Nice Jack.

Alex grabbed his things with a smile on his face as the people in front of him finally began to walk down the tiny aisle between the the seats towards the door of the plane. He followed suit and gave a sigh of relief once he was free of the tiny cramped space. Turning to the right, he didn't even have to look at the signs hanging from the ceiling to know where to go to get his baggage. He had been inside this airport so often that he could do it with his eyes closed.

When he walked off the escalator that led down to the baggage claim, he was greeted with a familiar face already waiting for him. Jack stepped forward and gave him a hug welcoming him back home and he couldn't help the smile as he returned the hug and thanked him. They walked toward the carousel assigned to his flight and stood off to the side to wait for his bag.

"So anything new happen while I was away?" Alex asked, instantly catching the huge smile that grew on the younger boys face as he nodded. "Well are you going to share or just stand there like a smiling idiot until I start guessing?"

Jack blushed making Alex laugh more, whatever it was that Jack was about to tell him was going to be big news. "You know that girl you found out about a while back?"

"Erica?"

"Yeah, well, while you were gone some things went down and lets just say we're official now."

Alex couldn't believe what he had just heard. Jack was dating someone again? It was unbelievable. He had been a little worried that his best friend may never trust anyone enough to date again. But here he was, telling him that he had a girlfriend again. This girl must be something really special for Jack to allow into his life like this.

He stepped forward and gave the taller boy a hug, "that's great dude! I'm so happy for you! When do I get to meet her?"

"Well I was kind of hoping to bring her to the random thing we were having back at your place tonight." Jack replied with a blush making Alex smile more.

"Of course dude! I'd love to finally meet the girl who swept you off your feet."

Jack just blushed more but was saved from any more teasing by the alarm for the baggage claim going off. Warning the people around it that the bags were about to start coming. Alex let the conversation drop, but fully intended to bring it up in the car later.

---

After Jack dropped him off, Alex made his way into his house, instantly hearing the all too familiar barks of Sebastian as he came flying to the door. He let the door close behind him before forgetting his bags by the stairs and kneeling down to greet his dog. The little white and brown thing couldn't sit still as he barked and pranced all around for the attention of his owner who he hadn't seen in months. Finally when he got the dog to calm down a little, he grabbed his bags and then headed up to his room to put his bags away. Rian's car wasn't in the driveway so he knew that he was home alone for a little while longer and took that time to unpack and put his things away after turning on a little music and grabbing something to eat for Baz and himself.

The all too familiar call of his name a hour and a half later signaled that Rian was now home and he smiled as he put the last of his clothes away and then headed down to greet the drummer. When he found the drummer standing at the foot of the stairs he hugged him as he greated him and welcomed him home also. They made their way into the kitchen with Baz trailing behind them and Alex sat at the island as Rian grabbed something to eat then joined him.

"So did you hear Jack and Erica finally made it official?"

Rian frowned at the older boy and shook his head. "Erica's the girl he's been hanging out with right?"

"Yeah, I guess he asked her a few days ago. Wouldn't give me the details but mentioned that he would bring her to meet everyone tonight."

"Whoa, I didn't think he would be dating this soon."

"It's been almost two years Ri, he was bound to start dating again soon."

Rian gave him a look, "but you can't blame me for being shocked after what happened the last time. She broke his heart, he was a wreck for so long. He was just finally getting back to his old self and now he has girlfriend. Don't you think it's too soon?"

"From what I can tell, she had a pretty messed up past too and they're helping each other mend what's broken."

"That sounds like a song lyric," Rian snorted making Alex laugh.

"Should I go get my notebook and write it down before I forget it. It could be our next single off of a new record."

The younger boy groaned, "dude, we just released our newest record a few months ago. Let's let this one run its course before we start talking about another one."

Alex just smirked with a shrug and stole some of the chips he was eating.

"When is everyone supposed to get here?"

"5,"

Alex glanced at the time and sighed. There was only two and a half hours before it was five. "Did you go shopping?"

"No."

"Jesus Ri, what do you do when I'm away?"

He shrugged, "drink beer, party, have sex with my girlfriend and forget that I have an obsessive annoying roommate until you get back."

Alex could tell by his tone that he was just teasing but he still rolled his eyes. "Well get your shit and lets go. You're paying for the food to make up for your laziness."

"Lisa said she was coming over early with some stuff she made. Why do we have to go too?"

"Because this is our place and we're not going to make Lisa come all the way over here to feed us when we're more than capable of doing it ourselves." Alex replied as he grabbed his jacket and keys and Rian did the same. "Now move your lazy ass, I'm driving!"

"Oh God give me strength! You're almost as bad as Jack is!"

---

"Who is that Jack has with him?" Lisa asked as she walked in from the living room.

Alex looked up from the drink he had been pouring with a shocked expression. "Jack and Erica are here?"

"Wait, Erica as in the chic I heard about who he had been talking with in secret for so long?"

Alex nodded and she squealed, about to rush out of the room to go interrogate them when he wrapped an arm around her waist to stop her. She pouted as she began to struggle and kick uselessly making Alex roll his eyes at her.

"Just chill, they just started a relationship and I'm sure she's still shy. Don't go overboard like you usually do."

"I don't go overboard,"

"Yes you do and you know it, be chill, and don't scare her away. Jack really likes this one."

Lisa agreed and they both walked out to where everyone else was. There was only a few people there, mostly the crew that still lived in Baltimore and a few other family members. They usually had these random little things with games since they didn't have anything better to do on their time off than sit around ad play video games. Well, that was what Alex did at least. So in order for them not to turn into total hermits, they all made it a tradition to rotate houses whenever a game was on. And that time it just so happened to be baseball and Alex and Rian's house. The tv was on but wasn't able to be heard over all the voices filling the room. Alex found Jack easily with a short brown haired girl attached to his arm looking slightly nervous as she looked around.

"Jacko!" Alex yelled and the younger boy looked up and smiled when he saw him coming over with Lisa next to him.

"Hey dude," Jack said as he glanced down at the girl on his arm. "Erica this is Alex and Lisa, guys, this is Erica, my girlfriend."

She blushed and gave a small smile, "nice to meet you guys."

"Oh my God! She's so cute!" Lisa gushed making the boys roll their eyes while Erica just blushed more.

Alex glared at the girl, "reign it in."

"Oh shut up party pooper!" Lisa said after sticking her tongue out at him. She then reached out and grabbed Erica's arm and began dragging her away. "Now, we're going to have some girl time with Cassadee, don't miss us too much!"

Then they were gone before either of them could say anything. Erica seemed a little nervous but Lisa continued chatting excitedly and seemed to make her a little more comfortable.

"Do you think she'll be ok?" Jack asked nervously making Alex laugh.

"She'll be fine dude," Alex assured him and handed him one of the beers he had been carrying. "Just relax and take the beer. I have a extra bed upstairs that you two can use if you drink too much."

Jack nodded and took it with a smile. "So I know that Lisa sort of stole her before you could really get to know her, but what do you think?"

"She's awesome Jack! I haven't seen you smile this much in a long time. I'm really happy for you guys!"

"Thanks dude," he mumbled with another blush before they left it at that and went to enjoy the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my faborite chapter. Had no clue what to write and randomly got this idea. But the chapter after the next will be a rewrite and actually something I've been waiting to happen since I started writing this!

But in other news.....GO RAVENS! Sorry, I was so happy to see the Ravens win last night! I was texting my friend the entire time and we were about to have heart attacks. Anyway, hope you guys might have liked this chapter more than I do. But if you don't thats ok too! I just love all my readers!!! <3

Thanks to: kmcgeezy, beautifulbreakdown, upxallxnight, natasha0917, and asdfghjkl;lkjhgfdsa for my amazing comments! Awesome to hear you liked the chapter I had been sweating over so much!