Sequel: Remembering Sundays

Original Love

Chapter Twenty Four

Charlie's POV:

A few days after Charlie first arrived in Baltimore, she woke up in her boyfriends bed alone. She lay there for a few moments, trying to wake up while also trying to locate her boyfriend, but she was out of luck. There was no noise in the en-suite bathroom or in the kitchen either and no note explaining where he was. It was strange and made her get out of bed and walk out of their room and down the hall to the stairs. She made no noise as she stepped down the last step and walked through the living room and into the kitchen. The first thing she saw was the coffee pot with a half full pot of coffee pot on the burner and some bagels and cream cheese next to it. But as she turned, she saw that she was in fact not the only one in the room and smiled slightly as she recognized Erica sitting at the table in her pajamas and reading the paper. Well, at least she wasn't totally alone in the house, but the whereabouts of her boyfriend and best friend where still unknown.

Charlie decided to make herself known as she walked further into the kitchen, giving Erica a cheery good morning as she walked across the room to the coffee pot. She heard Erica swear slightly under her breath as she poured herself a cup of coffee and laughed as she turned to give the other girl a small apologetic smile.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

Erica shook her head and put the paper down as Charlie took the seat across from her. "Don't worry about it, I just didn't hear you come in. How did you sleep?"

"Very well, two bottles of wine usually tend to send me right to sleep." Charlie replied with a laugh. "What about you?"

"Great, thank you again for letting us stay, you really didn't have to, we could have gone home."

Charlie just waved her hand to dismiss the statement as she took a sip of coffee. "Don't worry about it Erica, really its no big deal. We had you guys over so we could get to know each other better. It was late and we had the space, I'm glad we got to just hang out last night and get to know each other, you and Jack are so cute together!"

Erica blushed and gave a quiet thank you just as the front door opened and Sebastian started to bark loudly at whoever it was. Moments after the kitchen door then opened and Alex and Jack walked in carrying bags full of food. The girls shared a look as they watched their boys unpack a bunch of different things before Alex came over to kiss Charlie and wish her a good morning.

"So what exactly is all this!? You just randomly decide to make a mess of Charlie and Alex's place, or do you have a actual plan to this mess!?" Erica asked her boyfriend and she stood and went to go look through what they all bought. When she walked over, Jack wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed a kiss to her lips, making her instantly blush.

Charlie was also blushing at the fact that Erica had referred the house as 'Alex and Charlie's' house when Alex and Rian were the ones to actually live there. She was just visiting. But it still made butterflies erupt in her tummy at the thought of her maybe living there permanently someday or maybe even getting a new place of their own. But she was just being silly and needed to stop acting like a teenaged girl with her first crush. She needed to focus on exactly what her boyfriend and friends were talking about.

"We decided to make breakfast," Jack continued, as he put more things on the counter. "We wanted to quick run out to the store and make breakfast before you both woke up to surprise you but it looks like our plans failed."

"You're still going to make that breakfast though right?" Erica asked as she stole a piece of doughnut from Jack and popped it in her mouth.

"Well now that you're up-"

"Aw mean!" Erica whined as she threw a dirty napkin at her boyfriend.

Jack just smiled and kissed her again and told her to go sit down again while he and Alex made food. So both the girls ended up sitting in the spots they had been in before as they watched their boyfriends cook and take pictures as proof that it really happened. Once the food was done, the boys carried plates full of food, silverware, orange juice, and everything else they needed to the table, denying the girls of the help they offered and took the seat next to their girl.

"So Charlie, by the sounds of it you had a pretty good night last night after we went to bed, with the loud screams we heard coming from your room and all. Kind of explains why you woke up so late last night, seems like Lex kept you up pretty late." Jack began after everyone had taken their first bites of food.

Charlie blushed dark red making while Alex laughed and flipped his best friend off. "Like you should be talking bro, I could hear the headboard hitting the wall all the way down the hall. You're not exactly quiet either when it comes to sex, believe me, I know, I have to be in the bunk above you on tour before you and Erica started going out."

By then both girls were blushing furiously and Charlie was secretly thinking of ways to kill her boyfriend when she had a moment alone with him. Well ok, that was a little dramatic, but she was going to smack him or deny him sex or something as pay back for embarrassing her so much all the time.

"So Erica," Charlie said suddenly, trying to change the subject as soon as possible. "What are your plans for the day?"

Erica shrugged slightly, "don't know really, have you seen much of Baltimore yet?" Charlie shook her head making Erica smile more. "Well then maybe we could go around town. There are some adorable little shops that I'm sire you'd love!"

"And what are we supposed to do while you're out shopping?" Alex asked making Charlie smirk.

"Think about whats going to happen to you because of those little sex comments you and Jack just had to say to embarrass us. And I'd love to Erica, you sure its not too much?"

"Not at all, I like the idea of making the boys suffer while we're gone, and maybe we could run punishment ideas off of each other while we're at it."

"Ooh! Kinky!" Jack smirked earning a smack from his girlfriend.

"Shut up and eat," Erica said, "Charlie and I have a full day ahead of us and you two need to start cleaning up the mess you made in the kitchen."

---

The girls ended up leaving for downtown Baltimore at noon and didn't get back to Alex's place until six. They had spent all day going to shopping and exploring Baltimore and getting to know each other better. When they walked though the door, they found their boyfriends sitting side by side on the couch with a controller in each hand while the screen playing some video game on the big screen in from of them. The girls just shared a look, saying hi to the boys just to have them not respond. So they just left them to what they were doing and walked into the kitchen to talk some more. They had gotten even closer while they had been out, talking about families and life and school and everything else they could think of. Both of them not wanting the day to end because they were having so much fun.

"Hey when did you guys get back?" Alex asked as he walked into the kitchen a while later with Jack right behind him.

Erica and Charlie shared another look before Charlie looked to the clock before answering. "About 45 minutes ago."

"Really?" Jack asked.

Erica rolled her eyes and nodded, "yes, you two were just too busy with your video games to notice."

Just as Alex and Jack were trying to defend themselves, Charlie's phone rang and she sighed as she turned to find it amongst the bags of things they had gotten from all the stores they had gone to. When she finally found it, she glanced at the screen to find Rachael's name there and sighed as she pressed accept and put the phone to her ear.

Before she could even say hello, Rachael's voice cut her off saying the six little words she didn't want to hear. "Charlie, you need to come home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! No, I'm not dead, just a little busy. I actually went to school in England for a few months and if you want to hear more about it I actually wrote a blog on it which you can find here if you would like to read. But anyway, I missed you guys a lot and I promise that hopefully I won't take as long as last time to update!! <3