‹ Prequel: My Little Earthquake
Status: work in progress...

I'm All Yours

How are things right and also twisted?

“Are you ready?” Harry asked as I came down the stairs the next afternoon. Today was our first counseling session.

I nodded tentatively, “Yeah, I think so.”

He walked over and laced his fingers with mine and kissed my cheek affectionately, “Come on then.”
As we drove out of our gated community, there were a few fans and paparazzi outside the gates. I hunched down a bit to keep anyone from getting a good picture. I just wasn’t in the mood for them right now.

“I’m sorry,” harry mumbled.

“It’s not your fault Haz,” I assured.

The ride to the counseling office was relatively quiet, but not awkward. Harry had gotten the number for this place from Simon himself, so I felt a little better about it. As far as his management went I knew Simon cared about my feelings in this at least a little bit.

When we pulled up to an unmarked office building we got out. Harry met me at the front of the car and grabbed my hand in his before leading us into the office.

There was a small blond woman in her mid 20’s sitting at the reception desk.

“Hi, how can I help you?” She asked when she looked up at us. I pretended not to notice the shock on her face. She didn’t even give me a passing glance.

“Yeah, we’re here to see a Jill Tanner.” Harry said.

“Name?” the blonde asked, as if she didn’t already know.

“Styles.”

She stood, “Right, I’ll let Mrs. Tanner know you’re here and let you know when you can go back. Please, have a seat.” She gestured to the empty seats against the wall before heading down a long hallway.

Harry sighed lightly, and pulled us to sit.

I sat and crossed my legs, while Harry opted to lean forward on his knees awkwardly. His back looked tense.

We sat in silence as smooth jazz pumped through the office stereo system.

Harry started bouncing his knees, causing his whole body to shake. He was starting to make me tense.

I softly laid my hand across his back, “Harry?” I said softly.

He stopped bouncing and sat up, “Sorry.”

A few minutes later the blonde receptionist came back down the hall, “Mrs. Tanner will see you now.” We got up and followed her to one of the back offices. “Have a good session,” she chirped before he walked back out to her desk.

Harry sighed and knocked on the door, “Come in,” a woman’s voice came from the inside.

We walked into a spacious office, with a big bay window and a desk. Off to the side it had two black leather chairs and a matching leather couch.

Behind the desk was an older woman, maybe in her late 40s, early 50s, with red hair. She was dressed in a pantsuit and seemed very welcoming.

She stood up when we walked in, “You must be Harry and Emma.” She came around the desk to greet us.

Harry shook her hand first and I followed, “Thank you for seeing us at such short notice,” Harry said.

“Oh it’s no problem. Simon is a good friend of mine and I’d do almost anything for him.” She gestured to the leather furniture, “Please, have a seat.”

I followed harry to the couch and sat down next to him.

“So why don’t we keep this first session light, shall we? Introductions, please, call me Jill.” she smiled kindly. “Why doesn’t one of you tell me how you met? How you became to be husband and wife?”

Harry and I exchanged glances. He cleared his throat, “I’ll go.” He sat up straighter, “I’m Harry and this is Emma. Uh, we met when we were about 6.” He glanced at me as he continued talking, “She and her mother and brother moved in next to my family.

I remember being so excited because she was the only one on our street the same age as me,” he laughed. He turned back to Jill, “We starting playing together all the time, and as we got older we became best friends. We went to the same schools, had the same group of friends.”

“And when did you two become more than friends?” Jill asked.

Harry shrugged, “I’m pretty sure I fell in love with her when I was 13,” he had this far off look in his eye when he said that. “I remember this one afternoon, we were in Maths. We always got called up randomly to do problems on the board. And there was this really obnoxious bloke that always make side comments about kids that struggled while at the board.

Well on this day Emma just snapped at him. Embarrassed him in front of the whole class. I don’t even remember what she said, but she got eraser duty for a week after that. But in that moment, when she was sticking up for the kid at the board and for everyone… I think that was the moment I knew that I liked her more than just a friend.”

Jill was nodding and taking notes. I was looking at Harry in shock, “You never told me that before,” I said in surprise.

He shot me a sheepish glance, “You never asked.”

“When did you know you were in love with Harry Emma? When did you two start seeing each other?” Jill asked me.

My cheeks burned when she asked that, “Uh, about two years ago.”

She gave me a curious look, “So not too long ago? Did you know how Harry felt about you?”

I shook my head, “Not a clue. Not until he flat out told me one night.”

“I swear everyone but her knew about it,” Harry smirked.

Jill nodded, “Why do you think you were the only one not to see it?” she asked me.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I think… I guess I just thought that it was just such a farfetched idea.”

“Why do you say that?”

I bit my lip, buying time as I collected my thoughts, “I think I just thought that he would never see me like that.” I shifted in my seat, “I mean, there was this small moment when we were like 15 when I thought I liked him. But he was dating someone else, and going off to x-factor, and it just wasn’t in the cards for us.”

“She didn’t think she was good enough for me,” harry interjected. I glared at him.

Jill nodded, “Is that true Emma?”

I sighed, “Well, kind of. I thought he was out of my league, I guess?”

She nodded and wrote something down, “Do you think that this may be part of your issues you have today in your relationship?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. I mean, I’m over thinking I’m not right for him. But I guess it wouldn’t be too wrong of an idea.”

Jill nodded and filled through some papers on her lap, reading over one, “So you two have been married for… 3 months?”

“Almost 4,” Harry said. I smiled softly at him. He reached over and held my hand.

“Tell me about that.”

“Well,” I sighed, “It definitely wasn’t planned.”

“We were black out drunk in Ireland and woke up married,” Harry said.

“And how did you two handle it?”

“I freaked out at first. But after a couple days, I warmed up to the idea.” I said.

“I was okay with it right after my hangover was gone,” Harry shrugged. “I knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.”

Jill nodded as she took notes, “But you’ve had some issues, which is why you’re seeing me?”

Harry and I glanced at each other. I turned back to Jill, “It’s mainly my issues. I let my anger take over. I get insecure over things,” I shrugged, “I tend to run when we fight rather than work it out.”

“It’s not just her though,” Harry interrupted, “I know how to push her, and when I’m mad just… all bets are off.”

We talked on. Told her about out most resent fight, and how it was almost our undoing.

Jill checked her watch, “Well our time is about up. Shall I schedule you for another session in two weeks?”

“I’d like that,” I said.

Harry nodded, “So would I. But can I call you after I check my schedule?”

“Of course,” She nodded, “Just call me during my business hours and we can work something out.”
*****

“I think she can help us,” I said as we walked into our house.

Harry nodded, “So do I. It was good to just let everything out.”

I turned and watched him take his blazer off, “Thanks for doing this with me,” I bit my lip.

He looked up at me surprised, “Of course. I want us to work through this.” He threw his jacked across the back of the couch, “I mean, we are getting married in a little under 2 months.”

I smiled as we walked towards me. He leaned in to kiss me, and right when his lips met mine his phone buzzed. He sighed against my lips and pulled his phone out.

He groaned, “I have an interview in an hour.”

I leaned up and lightly kissed his jaw, “Well, I’ll be here when you get back.”

He looked down at me with lust in his eyes. The look drove me crazy. He pulled me by the neck into a sloppy kiss. I balled my fist in his shirt against his chest.

“I should shower,” He said against my lips before he went back to kissing me.

I pulled away slightly, “Then maybe you should go do that.”

He nipped my bottom lip playfully, “I’m thinking you should come with me.”

I pulled all the way back in surprise, “Really?”

“God yes!” He exclaimed, “I feel like we haven’t had sex in ages!”

“It’s hardly been a week,” I laughed.

He kissed my neck, “Like I said, ‘ages.’” He reached down and tugged my shirt off, “Come on, you know you want me,” he said in a low throaty voice that drove me wild.

I stepped back and pulled my shirt off and threw it at him, “Race you up,” and I took off up the stairs.

I could hear him following close behind me. When I reached the top of the stairs I felt his arms wrap around me. He pulled me against his chest and spun me around, “You can’t run from me,” He said and kissed me below my ear. It sent chills around my body.

He out me down and I spun around in his arms and kissed him. His hands found their way up to my neck and in my hair as he held me in place.

“Come on,” He whispered, “About that shower.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to post.
I've been busy and unmotivated to write!
but i hope this somewhat makes up for it? even if only a little bit.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'm already completely over 'Haylor.'