Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Fifteen

"So, guess what." I say to Alex later that night as we lay in my bed, cuddled up under the warm blankets. We were currently watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S., which just happened to be my favorite TV show probably ever made.

"What?" Alex mumbles tiredly. I chuckle and lift my head from his chest to see his head falling against my headboard, his eyes barely staying open. He always fell asleep while we watched this, he said it just made him drowsy.

"Kara likes Rian." His eyes pop open and he stares at me, making me grin.

"Does that mean you are going to go all 'matchmaker' on me?" He asked. I laughed and nodded.

"Of course I am." I tell him. "I need them together." He gives a small, tired, laugh and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"Just don't medal too much. Let whatever is supposed to happen, happen. Don't push it." He warns me, making me nod.

"I just know that they would be good together, ya know? Plus, they'd be incredibly adorable."

"I agree." Alex mumbles, letting out a very large yawn as his eyes slide closed again.

"Rian hasn't mentioned liking her or anything?" I ask, hopeful, but Alex laughs and shakes his head.

"Babe, we are guys. We don't sit around gossiping about who we like." I pout, making him laugh at me.

"Well you should start, ask him if he likes her. I must know." He just nods. "Seriously, Lex." I whine, shoving his chest gently.

"Alright, alright. I'll do some questioning, but I can't promise to really get anything of use. As I said, we are guys, we talk about drinking, and eating, and farting, and music. Not about who we may or may not like, or anything remotely close to feelings." He explains. I laugh and shake my head.

"You talk about your feelings with me." I say, resting my head back on his chest. He gives a small sigh, wrapping his arms tighter around my waist, holding me close against his body. His body heat warmed my body and gave me comfort that I couldn't find anywhere else. This was the place I was meant to be; in Alex's arms.

"I talk about my feelings with you simply because all of my feelings are for you. I like being up front and honest with you. I want you to know that I love you, and that I cherish every second with you, and that I count down the minutes until you are back in my arms." I can't erase my grin. My boyfriend, such a romantic. How did I get so lucky? "But see, if I said any of that, the guys would probably beat my ass for being a pussy. They already give me shit when they hear us say we love each other."

"That's because they are jealous of our love." I say. He gives a soft chuckle, nodding.

"I agree. Now, let's sleep." He slides down on the bed, resting his head on his pillow comfortably. I turn, switching off the tv, casting us into darkness. I then curl into Alex's side, nuzzling my face in his warm chest.

When Alex and I wake hours later, its to Jack, Rian, and Kara jumping up and down on my bed. Alex groans, burrowing deeper into his pillow.

"No, go away." He mutters while I sit up tiredly. Kara stops jumping and instead falls into my lap, grinning at me.

"You guys overslept. We have to be at school in ten minutes." Rian says, also halting his jumping. He sits on the edge of my bed while Jack continues jumping.

"Fuck, are you kidding me?" I turn and look at my clock, seeing that sure enough, it was ten till eight. There was no way we would make it on time. "Dammit."

"Let's all just ditch today." Jack suggests. He drops onto Alex's back, making my boyfriend groan.

"I skipped on Monday. I cant skip again." I say but as I say it, I fall back into my pillows. Kara curls into my chest, obviously still tired as well.

"Oh come on, Izzy." Jack yells, his voice high pitched and whiny, Alex again groans below him. "We can have a fun day, just us. Lets go to the beach!"

"Jack, its October." Rian reminds him, making Jack pout.

"I want to swim though." He whines.

"It is kind of a nice day out." Rian says as he gets up and goes to the window. He pulls away the curtain, letting bright sunlight fill the room. "Alright, lets go to the beach." Kara got off of me, getting up from the bed. I sit up right as Alex manages to push Jack off of him and straight onto the floor.

"The beach!" Jack tells, jumping up from the ground. "Get up! We leave in fifteen minutes!" With that, he runs from the room. Rian laughs and follows.

"I guess I have to go change." Alex says as he sits up. He leans over, giving me a soft kiss, before sliding out of bed. "Today would be a good day to put the moves on Rian. The beach is a good place for some flirting." He winks at Kara who turns a bright shade of red.

"You told him?" Kara whispers at me while Alex slides on his jacket and shoes.

"Oh come on, he's the best one to tell. He's best friends with the guy!" I defend, standing up from my nice warm bed.

"Like I said, beach flirting is the best." Alex says again. "I'll see you guys in a few minutes." He waves and then is gone.

"He is right though. Do some inconspicuous flirting." I tell her as I walk over to my dresser, looking for my bikini. "Splash him, jump on him, build a sand castle with him." I suggest. I find my bathing suit and get changed. Kara and I are close enough that being naked in front of one another really was nothing now.

"Is building a sand castle really a form of flirting?" She asks, laughing. I shrug.

"Pretend its your future home." I tell her as I pull out a black tshirt and slip it in, followed by a pair of jeans.

"Yeah, I'll do that." She says. "I'm going to go change." I nod and follow her out of the room. She goes into her room while I go into the bathroom. I quickly brush my hair and teeth, put my hair up in a ponytail, and do the rest of my business. When I'm done, I go downstairs to find the guys eating pancakes.

"Playing hooky today?" My moms asks me. I laugh and shrug.

"Apparently so. Its beach day." I tell her. Alex reaches over, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into his lap. He offers me his fork, which I gladly take and dig into his half eaten pancakes.

"You're lucky you have good grades and can afford to miss a day or I'd be making you get your butts down to school." My mom says, making us laugh.

"Mrs. Sanchez, we're rock stars. We don't need no education." Jack says, his mouth full of food. My mom just stares at him while we all silently laugh. I offer Alex a bite of pancake, which he takes.

"With grammar like that, you might. Though I guess I'm just glad Alex is the lyrics writer, instead of you." Alex grins happily, proud of himself, while Jack pouts.

Once we all finish our breakfast, my mother packs us a picnic lunch, and we bid her goodbye.

"You are the best, mom." I tell her, kissing her cheek.

"Have fun." She says, laughing. "I love you!" She calls as we rush out of the kitchen.

"Love you!" We all yell back loudly, hearing her laugh in response.

"Are we taking your car or mine?" Alex asks. I shrug. "Lets switch it up, let's take yours. I'll still drive." I nod and hand him my keys, we all pile into my car, putting our towels and food in the trunk. I let Jack sit up front and Kara in the middle of Rian and I, I make sure to take up as much room as possible so she was extremely close to Rian. He didn't seem to mind.

When we get to the beach, since its October, only 8:20 in the morning, and a Thursday, it is almost deserted. Alex finds a place to park easily, and we all jump out, grabbing the towels and food

we brought. We find a nice sunny spot and lounge out.

"Come swimming with me." Alex whines, tugging at my hand. Jack was already in the water, closely followed by Rian. Kara was sunbathing beside me, and I had planned to do the same, but Alex had other ideas.

"You go ahead. Have fun with the guys, I'll be in later." He pouts and nods.

"Don't take too long. We can go to our spot." He presses a soft kiss to my lips before running to the water with the other guys.

"You should be in the water, flirting it up with Rian." I say to Kara.

"I will later. I need to get my tan on first." She tells me, making me laugh and nod. We sit there in the sun for awhile, talking about girl things.

"Babe!" Alex yells from the water. "Come swim with me!" I laugh and sit up just in time to see Jack tackle Alex back into the water. "Fucker!" He yells once he surfaces. Jack laughs and goes to do the same as Rian.

"Let's go swim." Kara nods, so we both sit up and make our way to the water. Alex immediately pulls me into the deeper water while Kara goes to mess around with the other two. "It's cold." I squeal as the colder water overcomes my body.

"You'll get used to it pretty quickly though." Alex tells me, pulling me against his warm body. The two of us mess around for a few minutes before we decide to head to our spot.

"We'll be back!" Alex calls to the guys and Kara. We look over to see Kara jump on Rian's back and then Jack dive at his midsection. The three of them go tumbling down into the water. Alex and I laugh, link hands, and then set off in the direction of our spot.

"I always love it here." Alex says as we finally teach the small alcove. We go inside and take a seat on the rocky ground. I curl up against his warm body, the rocks cold underneath me.

"Its better when its not so freezing " I tell him, making him chuckle and nod.

"So, we need to decide on Halloween costumes, Brad Foremen told me about this awesome party. Jack and Rian are already going, I think even Zack is gonna go."

"Well if all of them are there, that means I don't have to go, right?" I ask, grinning. Even though Alex and I have been together for almost a year now, and he's drug me to multiple parties over the year, I still didn't enjoy them at all. And Halloween parties were bound to be worse.

"But, babe." Alex whines. "I need you to go. We need to have coordinating costumes. Its how this party works."

"Fine, I'll go." I say, making him smile. "Only if Rian takes Kara though and they have coordinating costumes."

"Alright, I'll work on that." He leans down, pressing a kiss to my lips. "So I think I have our one year anniversary date planned." He tells me, making me grin.

"Yeah? What are we doing?" I ask him but he just shakes his head.

"You'll know next month." I pout. "Don't give me that look. Don't worry, it will be worth the wait. Or at least it better be, it's costing me a lot of money."

"Just tell me." I whine, making him laugh.

"Patience, love." He kisses the top of my head, making me sigh. I snuggle into his side.

"Fiiiine."