Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Seventeen

So it was the day of the party. I feel like this was the first party that I’m actually excited about. I love the costumes that Alex and I have chosen and I love the friends I’m going with. Sure, it’s a party and that’s not really my thing but drinking and dancing with my boyfriend is so I can handle all the other people that I don’t even like and the music that kind of sucks.

“Wake up, wake up, wake up!” I say as I jump up and down on my bed, attempting to wake Alex. He groans and grabs my pillow, hitting me in the legs with it as I continue to jump. He buries his face in his pillow, not moving.

“Go away.” He mumbles, his voice mumbled by his pillow. I grin and jump down onto his back, making him groan. I then lean down so my mouth is at his ear.

“If you get up right now... You can have morning sex.” Within a second he has flipped us and he’s on top of me. I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. “Well someone is eager.”

“Shut up and give me what you promised.” He says before slamming his lips to mine. I giggle into his mouth and then shove him away, jumping up from the bed. “Hey!” He whines.

“Come on! We have things to do! The party is in 8 hours!” I exclaim before rushing from the room, going to wake Kara. She was much easier to wake as she too was excited.

“What on earth is there to do eight hours before a party even begins?” Alex asks as Kara and I head back into my room where he still sat on the bed.

“Well right now I want to go out for breakfast. I’ll call Jack and Rian, we can all go out.” I say, grabbing for my phone from my desk. Alex groans and falls back, pulling a pillow over his face.

“So I’m really not getting morning sex?” He asks, making me shake my head as I dial Jack’s number.

“This better involve sex, money, or food.” He mumbles tiredly when he answers.

“For you, Jacky boy, all three.” I answer, getting a laugh in response.

“Yes! Time and place, baby.” He now sounded wide awake. I laugh.

“Wanna meet at the diner in 30?” I ask.

“Oooo, public sex.” He jokes. “I like it.” I laugh and shake my head, watching as Kara began beating Alex with my pillow, trying to get him up. “I’ll see you in 30, babes.” With that he hangs up. I dial Rian’s number and he answers immediately, having already been up of course. He agrees to meet us.

“Alright, everyone’s set. Let’s go!” I exclaim. Kara heads to her room to get ready while Alex finally gets out of bed.

“You are such a tease.” He mumbles as he slides into jeans and a t-shirt while I put on jeans and a sweater. I grin at him and blow him a kiss.

Once the two of us are ready, and Kara is ready, we climb into my car and head in the direction of the diner that we loved to go to. They had good food, nice service, and was close to all of our houses so it was easy to get to.

When we arrived, Jack and Rian were already there, along with Zack.

“I called him.” Rian informs us, making us all nod. We hug everyone, the guys doing that bro hug thing, and and then head inside, getting a table easily.

“So who’s ready for some fun tonight?” Jack exclaims after we order.

“I actually am.” I say. Alex smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against him.

After the group and I finished our meal we all headed our seperate ways once more.

“Alright, let’s finish your costume.” I say to Alex as soon as we enter my room. I spend the next two hours finishing up all the straw and everything for his costume. He then takes a shower and styles his hair as normal and I do the black eyeliner around his lips and the lines up his cheeks like the scarecrow. He put on everything for his outfit and he looked great. “My cute little scarecrow.” I joke, looking up at him as he pulls me against his chest. He laughs and pecks my lips gently.

“Go get ready, the party starts in 3 hours and I know it’ll take you just as long to get ready.” He says, pushing me towards the bathroom. I pout but know that he is right. After my shower, I make sure my legs are nice and smoothly shaved and I’m all lotioned up. I then have to blow dry my hair and put it in large curlers to set while I do my makeup. Kara comes in the bathroom to get ready while I do this. Her prisoner costume was totally sexy.

“You look hot, babe.” I compliment her, making her shimmy.

“So do you, I’m digging the curlers.” She points to my head. I give a sarcastic laugh as I finish up my makeup.

“The guys will be here in 30 minutes, losers!” Alex calls from my bedroom. Kara didn’t panic as much as I did, since she was practically done but I still had my hair to do and to put on my costume. So I quickly took my hair from the rollers and then put them in the pig tails, tying them with cute ribbons. “You look sexy.” Alex said. I was in nothing but a towel with Dorothy hair and makeup.

“Of course I do, Alex.” I say as I shut my bedroom door, rolling my eyes. I quickly pull on underwear and a bra before finding my costume and sliding it on. “Will you zip this, babe?” I ask Alex, turning my back so he can get it. He gets up from my bed and does as I ask. I then put on my stockings, followed by my red heels just as the front door opens and we hear the guys hollering downstairs and my parents laughing.

“Guys are here.” Kara says, walking in. A second later Rian and Jack rush into the room. Rian is dressed as a cop, complete with mustache and sunglasses. “You look good.” Kara says, laughing.

“I know I do, babe.” He says in a deep voice, cocking his hip out and twisting his mustache with his fingers.

“Are we all ready?” Jack asks in his Fred Flinstone costume. Everyone looks to me since I was the last to be ready.

“Yes, let’s go!” I say, ushering them from the room.

“You look gorgeous.” Alex says as we walk down the stairs. He takes my hand and kisses my cheek. I smile at him. I grab my keys and we all climb into my car, Alex and I up front of course. I note that Rian has his arm around Kara’s shoulders as I drove, it makes me smile.

Once we arrived at the party and I find a spot on the street to park, we make our way towards the crowded and loud house. Alex’s arm stays locked around my waist as people call his name and greet him. Some girls come up for hugs but he does it one armed and quickly pulls away, keeping me at his side. Some girls greet me as well, most ignore my existance. I’m okay with both, just as long as they stay away from my man for the rest of the night.

“Let’s go take some shots.” Alex calls to me over the music. I nod and allow him to take my hand, leading the way through the mass of people and to the kitchen. We get compliments on our costumes and I have a few guys wolf whistle at mine. Alex gives them a look and they quickly step away though.

Alex and I both take two shots of Jager each before heading to the dance floor. We see Kara and Rian dancing a little ways a way and I can’t stop smiling.

“See...” I say, turning to look up at Alex. “My matchmaking skills worked!” He looks over at Kara and Rian and laughs.

“They are just dancing babe, doesn’t mean they are together.” He pulls me against him, moving our hips along together to the music. I dance with him but my mind is elsewhere.
“But they should be together.” I pout. He laughs and nods, kissing my lips, surely just to shut me up.

Later, Alex and I share a beer, not really planning on getting wasted, just a slight buzz by the end of the night. During our second beer, Kara comes running up to us, tears in her eyes.

“What happened?” I question instantly letting go of Alex to put my hands on her shoulders.

“Rian is making out with someone else.” She says. I gasp and rush into the living room, looking for the mentioned man. I sure enough find him with a girl pressed up against the wall as they kiss feriously. I start to make my way over but they pull apart and exchange words. Then, they are turning and heading out of the house. “He left with her! He just went home with another girl.” Kara sobs beside me.

“What a prick.” Alex mutters beside us. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” I nod, not in the partying mood at all now. I take Kara’s hand and lead her from the house, Alex in front of us. We ignore everyone’s calls to come drink and dance and just head to my car.

Once we get home, Kara rushes inside, making Alex and I sigh as we get out slowly.

“I think I’ll head home. She needs you right now.” Alex says, making me nod. He pulls me into his arms and smiles down at me. “I had fun for the most of the night at least.” I laugh and nod, reaching up to peck his lips.

“Me too.”

“You just wait, next week is our anniversary date and it’s going to rock your socks.” He says, grinning. I giggle and shake my head. My boyfriend is a dork.

“I can’t wait.” He smiles and kisses me before releasing me.

“I’ll see you in the morning. After I go over and kick Rian’s ass of course.” He says before he turns and heads towards his house. I head into my own house, quickly heading upstairs and into Kara’s room where she was laying on her bed. I frown and go to lay next to her.

“You okay?” I question, reaching over to take her hand.

“I guess.” She says, sighing. “It’s not like we were really together or anything.”

“Yeah but... you basically were. That still wasn't right of him. Alex is going to have a talking to with him tomorrow.” I tell her. She shrugs.

“Doesn't matter.” I sigh, unsure of what to say or do so I just hold her hand tightly in mine. And that’s how we fall asleep, still in our costumes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this entire thing written and then lost it before I could post it before I don't have internet at the new house I just moved to. I should be getting internet this week and my classes end this week so then all I have is work and even that won't stop me from updating frequently again! Promise. I have the next four or five chapters all planned out. Be excited. :) and thanks for the patience, I hope you all still care about this story.

And as always, go check out my ALL TIME LOW IMAGINES BLOG. It is updated much more frequently than my mibba stories.