Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Twenty

"Okay, so do you think we have enough snacks?" Kara asked as we look at the kitchen table where we just piled the bags full of chips, cookies, pies, and candy that we and the guys would all be devouring over the next two weeks.

"Yeah... I think so." I answer, biting my lip. "But maybe we should stop on the way up and get a few more.." I offer up, making Kara laugh and nod.

"I definitely agree. Jack will need food during the ride up anyway, to keep him quiet at least."

"Definitely." I agree. "You won't have to deal with it though. It's going to be me, him and Alex during a four hour car ride while you get to be with your love and Zack who never even speaks." I tell her, my eyes wide. "Do you know how many sex jokes can be said in four hours?" Kara breaks into laughter. I roll my eyes and shove her a little. "I love that you laugh at my pain."

"You laugh at mine all the time." She argues, making me shrug and nod.

"Alright, so we have the snacks. The drinks are there," I point to the multiple cases of soda by the back door. "My mom put all the sheets and blankets we will need in my room. And there is the box of cleaning supplies we'll need to make the place livable when we get there." I checked everything off my mental list.

"We have a shit ton of sweaters and long sleeves and every pair of sweats we own packed up." Kara adds, making me laugh and nod. "When are the guys getting here?" She asks, looking at the time on the stove.

"One hour to get everything packed up and head out." I explain. I was so excited. Two weeks, just me and my best friends. I couldn't picture anything better. Me and Kara were bringing things to make Alex and Rian a birthday cake, as well as their presents and some other decorations to make it a small party and have fun, including the game of Twister, on Jack's request. That should be interesting. "Hey, just think, maybe we'll get snowed it and we'll lose power and you and Rian will have to get real close to keep warm." I wink at her making her roll her eyes.

"I'd be shocked if we kiss." She insists. Oh, Kara... she had no confidence in herself.

"Yes you will, I will make sure it happens." I tell her.

"Iz... don't butt in." She begs but I just look at her, my eyebrows raised.

"Do I need to remind you of the day you covered my room in roses and candles?" I asked.

"Yeah, but that turned out fantastic." She insisted, making me nod.

"Exactly!" I yell, shoving her. "I'm repaying the favor, ya dumbass." She laughs and shoves me back.

"I hate you sometimes." She mumbles. I grin and reach out to her, pulling her against me tightly and try to kiss her cheek.

"No, you love me. Come on, stop resisting, let me kiss you!" I yell as she laughes and struggles away.

"Umm... I thought your kisses were reserved for me and me only." We turn and see Alex standing in the kitchen doorway.

"Sorry, Alex. I've turned. I want Kara." I go back to trying to kiss Kara who screams.

"Alright, let me get the popcorn and a chair." He pulls out a kitchen chair and grabs a bag of chips.

"Hey! Those are for the cabin!" I let go of Kara and rush to take the bag from him, making him pout.

"But I was about to have a show." He whines. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Come on, we have things to do." I pull him up and between the three of us, we are able to loud up all the food and drinks.

"Zack says the alcohol is in his car, all ready to go. Let's pack up the sheets and blankets in your car." Alex offers. "And then we can put the suitcases in Zack's." We agree and do as planned. I just manage to get the cleaning things in the trunk and get it closed as Zack's car pulls up behind mine. Jack rushes out and runs at me, picking me up and swinging me around. I scream and punch at him.

"Maniac! Help! I'm being attacked!" I yell. Jack laughs and tosses me down into the snow. I groan and bring my foot out, sweeping his feet out from under him so he lands beside me.

"Bitch." He grumbles, struggling to get up. "Alex, I hate your girlfriend." He mumbles. Alex laughs and comes to help me up, brushing the snow off of me.

"That's okay, cause I love her." Alex answers before he dips me down, pressing a passionate kiss to my lips, making me giggle.

"Ew, so gross." Jack squeals.

"Alright, enough of this. Let's get packed and headed out." Rian orders. So we all go about grabbing out bags, stuffing them into Zack's car. "Got the directions?" Rian asks Alex who was driving my car. Alex gives him a salute before going to the car.

"See you guys there. Have a good car ride." I say, smiling and winking at Rian and Kara. Kara turns bright red and Rian's grins sheepishly, making me smile.

"Don't kill Jack, Iz." Zack says but I shake my head.

"No promises, Zack." We all laugh before getting in our respective cars. "Heat! I need warmth!" I yell as I blast the heater, warming my hands while we begin to drive.

As expected, two hours into the drive, we have to stop to get Jack snacks. But luckily, twenty minutes later he's passed out across the back seat.

"I swear, sometimes it's like watching a toddler with him." I mumble, looking back at him with his mouth wide open while he snores.

"Worse than a toddler." Alex agrees, making me smile. "You excited? Two weeks, just us up at a cabin." He reaches over, taking my hand in his.

"It'll be fun. And really nice to get away." I answer, making him nod.

"I can't wait to bury Jack in a pile of snow and lock him out of the house." Alex mumbles, making me laugh and slap his arm with my free hand.

"Now you know he'd get way too cold and we'd never hear the end of that." I tell him. He sighs and nods, pouting a little.

"Unfortunately, you are right." I smile and lean over, kissing his cheek. "Alright, so how much is the bet?" He suddenly asks, making me frown.

"Bet?" I question.

"Yeah, bet. You know, how much to do you wanna bet that Rian and Kara will kiss during this trip?" He asks. I grin.

"You think they won't?"

"I think maybe one kiss. But no making out, and no dating will start." I pucker out my lips, thinking.

"Alright. I bet you a strip tease that they'll make out before these two weeks are up. If they do, you owe me one." I wager.

"You mean I'm going to get a strip tease? Yesss!" He grins, making me shake my head.

"I look forward to seeing you take your clothes off while dancing to Britney Spears."

"Oh, it's gonna be like that, huh?"

"Just like that." I say, making us both laugh.

"So, do you think they'll be dating by the end of this?" He asks. I bite my lip in thought.

"No.. I don't. I think he'll want to take her on a proper date before they make anything official." I say. He nods, agreeing with me.

"I'll give you both twenty bucks if they aren't officially dating by the end of this." Alex and I both scream. Alex even swerves the car a little bit as Jack's voice scares us. "Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned I was awake now." I shake my head.

"So if Kara and Rian aren't together by the end of this, you'll give me twenty bucks?" I ask, Jack nods.

"And if they are... I get twenty bucks from each of you." He says, grinning. I smirk and nod.

"Deal." I stick my hand out and we shake. "I look forward to taking your money Jack, and getting a strip tease from you, babe."

"Can I get in on this strip tease bet?" I narrow my eyes at Jack and shoves his face so he falls back in the seat while he laughs. "I'll take that as a yes."

These next two weeks should be fun.