Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Twenty-Two

There was something about being up here in the mountains, staying in a small, warm cabin with my best friends and the love of my life that makes me the happiest I've ever imagined I could possibly be. I wake up every morning, curled up in bed with Alex, talking and laughing together until we finally decided to get up and make breakfast for the others. Kara and I would then clean up after breakfast while the guys hung out in the living room or outside. Kara and I would also sit around and talk. Her and Rian were getting closer, they would stay up almost every night and talk, she told me.

"I'm not saying anything is going to happen, ya know? I don't want to get hurt again." Kara says one morning, making us both think back to Halloween when Rian went home with another girl at a party he went to with Kara as his date. "I do like him though... a lot." I smile and pat my best friends arm.

"You know whatever happens, I'm right here to support you." I assure her, making her nod. I had really forgotten all about the bet with Alex and Jack. Now, all I wanted was my best friend happy. It wouldn't be the end of the world to have to give Jack 20 bucks and Alex a lap dance anyway, as long as Kara had what she wanted.

"I mean, I know that if we do ever get together it will never be anything like what you and Alex have." She says, giving me a warm smile. I can't help but blush slightly and smile myself.

"We are pretty great, huh?" Kara laughs and nods.

"Who's pretty great?" Alex himself asks as he walks in. He was dressed in nothing but a pair of pajama bottoms. I had gotten out of bed before he'd awoken this morning, having heard Kara up in the kitchen already. She said she was too cold to sleep more.

"Us." I tell him, smiling at him. He smiles and leans down to kiss me deeply, his hands on either side of my face.

"You were pretty great in bed last night, that's for sure." He says once he pulls away and goes to find himself some breakfast. I can't help but blush. Of course my friends knew we had sex but having it so openly mentioned was still kind of embarrassing.

"I don't know when you'll stop being embarrassed about that, Iz." Kara says, sipping at her hot tea in her mug. "I mean, I'm the one that got you to have sex the first time anyway."

"Still doesn't mean I can't be embarrassed, it's my sex life. It should be kept between me and that person I'm sexing."

"Which better be just me." Alex says sternly, sitting at the table beside me with a bowl of cereal.

"Sorry to break it to you, bro, but me and Iz also have sex a lot." Jack informs his best friend as he walks into the kitchen, Rian and Zack following him. "And will you put a shirt on, no one wants to see that fat stomach."

"I'm very sexy, thank you very much!" Alex puffs out his chest, making me smile and pat his bare chest. "And anyway, you don't even have a dick so there's no way you can please my lady like I can."

"That's not what she said this morning. Why do you think she really was out of bed before you this morning?" Jack sits across from Alex and I. I look over at Alex who was frowning. I laugh and stand up, going to take my empty tea mug to the sink to rinse and wash.

"Don't worry, Lex, he's just trying to make you think he has a sex life when in all actuality his hand is the only action he'll be getting for a very long time." I say, turning back to my friends as they all laugh. Jack pouts. I go stand behind Alex's chair, resting my arms around his neck.

"That's not true. I've had sex before." Jack insists while we all laugh.

"Alright, let's get off the subject of sex, shall we?" Rian says, clapping his hands together.

"You're also jealous that I get some and you don't." Alex stands from his chair, turning to peck my lips before taking his bowl to the sink.

"No, seeing and hearing you two all over each other constantly is enough to get rid of my sexual needs. It kills any desire in me for anything." He says, shuddering. "The walls are thin, remember."

"Yeah, they are. We'll be sure to be extra loud tonight then, just for you, Ri Ri." I joke, smiling at him innocently.

"Tonight?" Alex says, frowning. "More like right now." He then grabs my hand and pulls me from the room while everyone groans, thinking we were really off to have sex. Though in Alex's mind we probably were too.

"No sex, Alex." I say to him once you're in the bedroom. He pouts and crosses his arms.

"But I'm sexy." I laugh and nod as I go over to the dresser, trying to find something to wear for the day.

"I know, now get dressed and then go get a fire started. It's kind of cold in here." He groans but goes about getting ready for the day as well.

A little later the guys were out having a snowball fight and it was just me and Kara in the living room.

"You know, Rian and I can hear you and Alex have sex at night." Kara tells me, making me laugh.

"Are you telling me that hearing me and my boyfriend going at it doesn't get the two of you totally turned on and want to do each other?!" I exclaim, getting a laugh from her in return. I made a mental note to keep it down with Alex tonight, as well. I didn't realize we were so loud. It's not like we actually shared a wall with Ri and Kara's room, they were across the all.

"As hot as it sounds, no, it doesn't get me all hot and bothered." She tells me, making me roll my eyes playfully. "Though in all honestly, it does make for good conversation sometimes. Mainly because we are trying to talk over all of your sounds so we don't have to listen to them."

"Oh well, see, there you go." I say. "I was going to apologize but now I'm not. My sex life is a good conversation starter."

"Why do I keep walking in on talk of our sex life?" Alex exclaims as he walks into the living room, his hair dripping wet from the melting snow. "Zack stuffed snow in my hood." He pouts, taking off his jacket. I laugh and open my arms up for him. He grins and comes over to me, sitting down in my lap, snuggling down in my arms. It was a little awkward, me being smaller than him but it was warm and comfortable none the less. He nuzzled my neck, I could feel his grin against my skin.

"Your sex life is what gives Ri and I conversation." Kara explains once Alex was comfortable in my lap.

"Oh, well you're welcome. then." I laugh while Kara rolls her eyes. "Maybe we should be a bit quieter from now on though? The guys were able to give me a very good recount of last night because we were so loud, it seems." He says, turning to look at me. I laugh and nod, reaching up to brush his wet hair from his face. His skin was cold to the touch from the wetness.

"I agree." I say. "Maybe you should go take a shower and warm up a bit before you catch a cold." I suggest but he shakes his head, snuggling back down on me. I smile and shake my head, hugging him tightly. He was just too cute sometimes, I hated it.

"You two are so cute, it's disgusting." Kara says, making me laugh and nod. I kiss at Alex's forehead.

"You are just jealous, really. You want this with Rian." I tell her, making her blush bright pink.

"Shut up, Iz, he could walk in any second." She scolds, making me smile. Alex shakes his head.

"Jack and Zack have him buried in the snow, currently." He informs us. I laugh while Kara groans.

"I should go out there and make sure he's not dead. You guys aren't exactly the smartest." She stands from her chair.

"Yeah, you go do that. That gives me the opportunity to kidnap my girl so I can go take a nice steamy shower." Alex sits up, smirking at me. I smile and shake my head. A hot shower didn't sound all that bad. "So, enjoying yourself?" He asks me as I sit on the edge of our bed. He was stripping himself of his cold and wet clothes while I watched.

"This has been the best time of my life." I tell him honestly, making him smile. He walks over to me, completely naked, and holds his hand out to me. I smile, allowing myself to be pulled up from my seat on the bed.

"Me too." Alex says quietly before leaning down to kiss me. I smile against his lips before pulling away. I brush his hair from his face, smiling at him.

"Your birthday is tomorrow." I remind him, making him grin. His arms tighten around my hips.

"What did you get me for my birthday?" He asks me but I shake my head.

"You'll have to wait until tomorrow." I tell him, making him pout. I smile and kiss him again, making his frown turn into a grin.

"As long as I get to spend every second of tomorrow with you it will be the best birthday I could ever ask for."

"Well then you'll be getting that." You assure him. He grins and nods. "I love you." He grins wider. I smile as he leans down, pressing his lips to mine.

"And I you, baby, and I you." He breathes against my lips, barely pulling away from me.

"We should get in the shower now." I pull back to say. He smirks.

"Sounds good to me." He raises his eyes suggestively. I roll my eyes but step back, lifting my arms above my head and give him a look. He grins and reaches forward, grabbing at the hem of my shirt and pulls it off my head. "You're just the best girlfriend around, you know that?" I giggle as he pulls me against his chest, our bare skin rubbing together. He then pulls me into the bathroom and all conversation was done.