Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Four

"I don't know, Kara. Me and strapless don't really get along well." I told my best friend apprehensively as I looked at the shirt she said I would be wearing tonight. It was a very cute shirt from Rue 21, it was pink, strapless, and had a brown belt around the waist. She had me pairing it with a pair of white jeans and knee high black boots. This outfit was very unlike me and I was uncertain whether I would really look good in it or not.

"Oh come on, Iz. You'll look gorgeous. Now go change! I only have an hour left to do your hair and makeup as well as my own!" The brunette shoved me lightly on the back towards my bathroom. I groaned and closed the door after me, stripping myself of Alex's hoodie that I still wore, and the simple jeans and t-shirt I had worn that day before changing into the outfit. I found that me and strapless really do get on better than I thought we would. I look cute, if I may have a conceded moment here for a second. I walked back out to my bedroom where Kara just finished putting on her jewelry. She was dressed in a tight black dress with red heels and matching jewelry. She looked gorgeous.

"You look amazing!" She gushed when her eyes rested on me. I smiled and did a simple twirl, making her laugh. "Now, let's fix that hair!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me over to my vanity, sitting me down on the soft white chair. She then spent the next half hour curling my bright red locks. Following my hair, she did my makeup. I normally don't really wear that much, I was far too lazy to hassle with it, but tonight she went all out. She covered my face with concealer and foundation, adding color to my cheeks with blush and then gave me a smokey eye, making my brown eyes pop even more than they usually do. Last, she smeared red lipstick on my lips and deemed that I was finished before starting on her own hair and makeup.

By the time we were both ready to go, we were ten minutes late getting to Alex's house and he, as well as Jack, were blowing up my phone, demanding to know where we were.

To: Alexander; Barakitty
We are leaving now. Calm your tits, bro. See you in a minute.


Obviously, Jack is the one who saved his name and number in my phone, claiming that he was to be known as Barakitty and nothing else. What a weirdo.

Anyway, Kara and I left the house after bidding a good bye to my parents, and went across the lawn to Alex's front door, simply walking in.

"Hello, Izzy!" Isobel, Alex's mother, called to me as we walked in. I couldn't see her, as she was in the kitchen, but since I'm the only one who ever just walks in, apart from Jack who was already here, she knew it was me.

"Hey, Iz!" I called back. "The guys upstairs?"

"Yeah, they are!" She confirmed so Kara and I made our way up the stairs that just the night before we ran up, ready to cockblock Alex. When we reached the top of the stairs I could hear Jack and Alex screaming at each other about something. I frowned and pushed open the door to find the two men wrestling over something on Alex's bed.

"Uhh... hey?" I said, frowning at my two friends. Alex's head shot up. He grinned at me, looking me up and down.

"You look gorgeous, babe." He said. In the next second, Jack took advantage of Alex's distraction and shoved him, resulting in Alex tumbling off the back of the bed, landing on the floor painfully. Alex groaned and sat up. "Bastard." He said, rubbing his head. I laughed and shook my head.

"I just wanted to look at your phone, if you weren't such a douche, that wouldn't have been so much trouble." Jack told him, grinning in satisfaction. I now saw that what they had been fighting over, Alex's phone, sat on the bed beside Jack. He grabbed it and began scrolling through whatever he wanted to look at, a grin on his face.

"I hate you." Alex grumbled as he stood up. He then looked over at me and smiled before making his way over, his arms going around my waist. "You look beautiful." He whispered before leaning down to press his lips to mine. I giggled and pulled away, seeing that his lips were red from my lipstick.

"Lipstick suits you." I told him before reaching up with my hand to wipe it off of his lips.

"There's no need to wipe it off, I just plan on getting more." He told me before dipping back down for another kiss.

"Alright you two, break it up." Kara said, punching me on the shoulder. I pulled away from Alex's lips, both of us smiling. His lips were now more red than ever but he didn't seem to care. "Don't we have a party to get to?"

"Oh, yeah! Right." Alex seemed to snap out of his daze that I put him in and stepped away from me, releasing my waist. He walked back over to the bed, where Jack still sat reading whatever it was on Alex's phone. "I'll take that." Alex grabbed the device and easily slid it into his pocket, making Jack pout.

"I wasn't done, dick." He grumbled, getting off of the bed.

"Well we have a party to get to, so deal with it." Alex told him. He walked back across the room and took my hand.

"Party!" Jack suddenly exclaimed and ran from the room, screaming all the while about how he was going to get fucked up. We could hear Isobel laughing downstairs. We all exchanged glances before shaking our heads and following Jack downstairs. Alex never once let go of my hand.

"We're leaving, mom." Alex informed his mother who now sat on the couch, a very excited Jack beside her. Peter Gaskarth sat in the chair across the way, smiling and shaking his head as he looked at Alex and I's linked hands. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks as I ducked my head.

"Alright, you kids have fun. Izzy, you look marvelous. You and Alex were really meant for each other." Isobel spoke. I looked up at her and smiled.

"Thanks." I mumbled. Alex leaned over and kissed my temple before pulling me towards the front door. Jack jumped up from the couch, yelled good byes to Alex's parents, and followed us, Kara beside him. We all went outside and climbed into Alex's car. He was lucky, he already had his license. I don't even have my permit yet. Oh well, I just make Alex drive me around everywhere.

After a ten minute drive, full of Jack yelling obscene things out the window, we arrived at Mike Hearton's house which was already full of people and music blasted from inside.

"Let the fun begin." I mumbled as we got out. Alex came over and grasped my hand, smiling at me.

"Get ready for a real good time." He told me before pulling me up the front lawn and into the house. The place was packed and very hot. As we navigated our way across the crowded living room, Alex stopping to say hello to just about everyone, we lost Kara and Jack. We finally got to the less crowded kitchen where Alex poured us both cups of beer.

"I don't drink, Alex." I told him when he tried to hand me the full red cup. He just rolled his eyes and pressed it into my hands anyway, taking a drink of his own. I stared down at the pale liquid inside, frowning. I had always wondered what beer tasted like but my mother always said it was an acquired taste.

"Just try it." Alex urged, already halfway done with his. I sighed and brought the red cup to my lips, bringing my head back to let the liquid fall into my mouth. I instantly cringed. It was disgusting.

"Ew!" I exclaimed after I swallowed the bitter drink. Alex laughed and shook his head.

"Just keep drinking, it gets better." Alex instructed. I shook my head and took another hesitant drink, cringing again. Alex took my free hand and began to lead me through the crowd once more. We navigated across the living room once more, stopping to talk with Alex's other friends. As we walked, I continued to drink the awful beer, finding that it wasn't all bad, once you got used to it. Soon enough, I found that my cup was empty and I kind of wanted more. "Do you want more?" Alex called over the loud music. I simply nodded and handed him my cup. "Stay here, I'll be right back!" He leaned down and kissed the corner of my mouth before disappearing in the crowd.

"Isabelle! I never expected to see you at one of these things!" I turned to see my friend Rian from history class standing beside me, grinning. Rian was adorable. He was slightly chubby, but no where near fat. He had shaggy brown hair that he seemed to never brush, but he had the most welcoming bright white smile in the world. He was the biggest sweetheart.

"Yeah, Alex dragged me here." I informed him. He then looked around, as if searching for Alex.

"I don't see the famous Alex Gaskarth around though." He said. I laughed and shook my head.

"He went to get me more beer." I explained. Rian nodded in understanding.

"So are you having a good time?" He questioned.

"It's good so far. Haven't really done much other than talk with Alex's friends. We came with my friend Kara and Jack but we lost them as soon as we got here." I told him, my eyes wondering across the crowd, trying to find either one of them. Instead, my eyes found someone else.

Standing by the entrance to the kitchen was none other than Alex Gaskarth. He wasn't alone. Standing in front of him, grinding her ass against his crotch was a blonde chick. I instantly recognized her as Lisa Ruocco. I had a few classes with her and she always follows Alex around like a lost puppy. It was sick.

"Looks like your date found someone else to dance with." Rian mumbled, giving me an apologetic smile. I just shrugged, crossing my arms over my chest.

"He wasn't really my date.." I countered, shrugging once more.

"Come on, let's go dance. I'll be your date for the night." Rian suggested. I looked over at him and smiled. Rian Dawson, always to the rescue. He held his hand out to me, smiling when I rested my own in his warm palm. He lead me a few feet away and spun me around, causing me to giggle; and then we were dancing. We swayed to the music, easily getting into the beat of it. We weren't dancing like how Alex and his slut, I mean Lisa, were. We faced each other, barely touching apart from our hands occasionally grasping each others but we had fun none the less.

Four songs later, and we both wanted a beer so he took my hand, lacing our fingers together, and lead me towards the kitchen. We passed Alex and Lisa on the way but I ignored them, seeming to be oblivious that they were there.

"Iz?" I heard Alex yell but again I ignored him and let Rian pull me into the kitchen. He poured us both beers and handed me the cup.

"Thank you." I accepted it, taking a large drink. We stood there talking for a few minutes until we finished our drinks and decided to head back to the living room to continue dancing. Since I had never drank before, I felt the two beers easily effecting me. The world had a slight fuzz to it and seemed to be moving underneath my feet even when I stood still and I felt incredibly giggly. This time as Rian and I danced, I pressed my back up against his chest and took his hands, resting them on my hips. He seemed shocked for a second before he went with it.

A few songs in, I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck, grinning at him.

"Thank you, Rian. This has been so much fun." I told him, getting a bright smile in return as his hands rested on my hips.

"I really like you, Iz. I've never met anyone so... so sweet and genuine. I like talking to you and just being around you." He confessed. Wow, two guys confessing their feelings for me in one day? That's a new record for me, seeing as my previous record is zero. With Rian though, I knew he wouldn't hurt me, where as Alex already had. I could trust Rian, I couldn't trust Alex, obviously.

"I like you too." I told him, giggling. He smiled and began to lean down. In my drunken state, I started to panic slightly. Was he going to kiss me? Did I want him to kiss me? No, I wanted Alex to kiss me but Alex was off with Lisa. So.. I let Rian kiss me. This being only the second person to ever kiss me, I didn't have much to compare it to, but I knew that it was different than Alex's. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything like kissing Alex.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Someone yelled behind us. Rian and I jumped apart and I spun around, coming face to face with an angry Alex. "What are you doing with him, Isabelle?!"

"Kissing him, what does it look like?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest as I glared up at the cute boy in front of me.

"But.. why? What about... us?" Alex lowered his voice as he frowned down at me. I felt my heart melt for a second before the image of Alex and Lisa together returned and so did my anger.

"Yeah, what about us, Alex? I saw you with Lisa, you douchebag." I brought my hand up and slapped his arm, earning a frown from him.

"I was just dancing with her, I didn't kiss her or anything. I promised her a dance at the last party and never did, so I was just making good on my promise. That's it." He explained. I just rolled my eyes and turned back to Rian.

"Come on, I want to keep dancing." I told him, taking his hand. He just nodded and allowed me to pull him back into the crowd where we resumed our dancing, but Alex followed.

"Get your hands off my girl." He growled at Rian, whose hands were once again on my hips as I danced in front of him.

"I'm not your girl, Alex!" I yelled at him.

"But I want you to be!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened. He wanted to be with me? The thought made my little girlish giggles return and escape my throat. "So, I repeat, get your hands off of my girl." Alex reached forward and grabbed Rian's wrist.

"Don't touch me, asshole." Rian exclaimed, pulling his wrist away from Alex's grasp and shoving Alex away from him.

"Don't touch Isabelle and I won't." He retorted, shoving Rian right back.

"Guys, stop it!" I yelled, stepping in between them. "This is ridiculous. Alex, if you really wanted me, you should have thought about that before you danced with another chick." I rolled my eyes at him before I turned and stormed off. I heard them yelling after me but I kept walking. As I walked towards the front door, I found Kara.

"Hey! Having fun?" She asked, and then saw my angered expression. "What's wrong? What did Alex do?" She questioned.

"He left me to get more beer but instead starting dancing with another chick and so I started dancing with Rian Dawson, who may have kissed me, Alex saw and made a scene." I explained. Kara's eyes widened.

"Wow. There's always drama at parties. Do you want to get out of here? I can get one of my friends to drive us home." She asked, making me nod eagerly. So, after locating some guy named Matt, he lead us out of the house and to his car, dropping us both off at my house.

"Thank you, Matt." I told him as we got out of the car.

"Sure thing. It was nice to meet you, Isabelle." He said. I smiled at him and closed the door before Kara and I went inside.

"Well you weren't gone long." My mother said when she saw us enter.

"Yeah, because Alex is a douche." I mumbled before rushing upstairs to my room. Kara sighed and followed.

Why did things have to start off so great today and just go wrong?
Oh, I know.... because it's me and good things never happen for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isabelle
Kara

afklajfkdhafkdjj. Crazy stuffs, man!
The shirt that Isabelle is wearing, from Rue21, is my favorite shirt ever. I work at Rue21 so I see that shirt like... everyday and I want it sooooo badly so I just had to put one of my characters in it. lol

I hope that you enjoy this chapter. I know I do. (: