Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Five

The next day, Sunday, Kara and I spent our time holed up in my bedroom doing homework. Alex tried coming over but I wouldn't let him in my room so he left. Rian did call me though and I agreed to meet up with him for a late lunch later so we can talk about what happened between us the night before.

"Rian will probably be here any second. Are you sure you're okay here?" I asked Kara as I stood up from my bed.

"Yeah. Thanks for letting me stay. I don't just mean right now, I mean all weekend." She told me as she sat up on the bed. I smiled over at her and nodded.

"One day soon you will have to tell me why you don't want to go home, alright?" She for some reason was afraid to go home and basically begged me to let her stay here. It was no trouble, in the few months we have known each other, we have become closer than siblings and I loved her. I would do anything for her; besides, it was nice to have company.

"Don't worry, I will." She assured me, giving me her gorgeous smile. I smiled back right as I heard the doorbell downstairs ring.

"That's Rian. I won't be gone long. See you later." I waved at her before leaving my bedroom and going down to the front door, opening it to see a smiling Rian.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey. Ready to go?" I asked, making him nod. So together we made our way to his car and got in. As I buckled in I looked over at Alex's house, seeing him sitting on the front porch, watching me. His face was rippled with sadness. He then surprised me by bringing his hands up and making a heart with his hands and giving me a soft smile. I couldn't help but smile and make the heart back. His grin widened.

"So... I figured we could just get something quick over at the diner down the street." Rian told me as he drove down the street, Alex disappearing behind us, making me nod. It was slightly awkward. He obviously saw my exchange with Alex. Things had never been this awkward between Rian and I, ever.

We rode in silence to the diner and even got a table in silence, not saying one word to each other. We finally talked after we ordered our food.

"So... about last night." He started. I sighed and nodded. "I like you, Iz but... I don't think anything will ever come of that." He told me. I looked up at him, frowning.

"Why not?"

"You obviously have a thing for Alex and he very obviously has a thing with him. You two belong together." He told me, shrugging. "The guys a douche but... he's different with you. I've never seen The Alex Gaskarth get upset over a girl before like he was with you last night. You should have seen him after you left last night. He almost started crying and yelled at me for taking his girl away from him. He was heartbroken at the thought of losing you. He tried to punch me but Jack showed up and pulled him away. It was quite a scene." Rian told me. My mouth dropped open.

"Seriously? Oh, Rian. I am so sorry." I told him but he laughed and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, it's not like he actually did hit me, he just tried. Like I said though, I've never seen Alex, or even anyone, that upset about losing a prospective girlfriend. He really cares for you. Somehow you have gotten through Alex's douchebagness and proved that he has a heart." I laughed and nodded.

"I knew Alex long before he started sleeping around. We've known each other since birth." I explained. Rian nodded and smiled at me softly.

"So, when I drop you off at home you are to go talk to Alex. That is an order." Rian said, making me laugh and nod.

"Alright, I'll talk to him." The rest of lunch passed by quickly enough. We laughed and joked just as he always had before last night. It was nice and I was happy to know that my friendship with Rian wasn't ruined, I valued it too much.

"Remember, go to Alex." He instructed when he pulled up in front of my house later. I laughed and nodded, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"You know.. you remind me a lot of Kara. You two need to meet some time. I think you would get along wonderfully." I told him, earning a laugh.

"Yeah, we can go out on double dates with you and Alex!" He joked. I laughed and rolled my eyes before opening the car door.

"Bye, Rian." I said as I got out.

"Bye!" He exclaimed before I shut the door. He waved and then drove off as I walked across the lawn towards Alex's house, seeing that Alex still sat on his porch, sitting on the swing that's been there for years. It was rusted and squeaked as he swayed back and forth on it.

"How was your date with Rian?" He asked as I approached and took the seat beside him.

"It wasn't a date. We just needed to talk about what happened last night." I told him. He simply nodded and refused to look at me. So I looked at him. His brown hair was scraggly and obviously not washed. He had bags under his eyes and his eyes were slightly red. He looked exhausted and drained as if he hadn't really slept the night before. "He told me what happened after I left." I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted last night, Izzy... I just... I really care for you and I got so angry seeing you with Rian.. I just didn't know what to do." He told me. I sighed and reached over, taking his right hand in my left, lacing our fingers together and bringing our hands over to rest in my lap. He made no move to pull away, he even squeezed my fingers gently. His hand was so warm and comfortable resting in my own. It felt so... right.

"I over reacted last night... Seeing you dance with Lisa really hurt me though. I know you didn't kiss her but.. the fact that you ditched me to go dance with another chick who so obviously wants you... it just.. set me off. I mean just the night before that I stopped you from fucking a random chick. I just figured you were going back to that." I explained, shrugging as I looked down at our linked hands.

"Iz... being with you is what I have wanted from the very beginning. Sure, I'll miss sleeping around but.. for you I would give it up. I would go celibate as long as you were happy." He said making me laugh and shake my head. "I just really like you, Isabelle, and I have for a very long time. I want to be with you, always." I finally looked up at him, finding that he was staring at me, a small crease between his eyebrows as he frowned. I smiled and reached my free hand up, resting it on his cheek.

"Nothing would make me happier than to be with you, Alex. It's what I've wanted since I was a little girl. Even when boys had cooties. I always said I would gladly take your cooties any day." I confessed making him laugh.

"Trust me, I wanted to give you my cooties, so badly." I laughed and shook my head. I hadn't noticed it before, but we were inching closer to one another. I could now feel his warm breath washing across my face. We smiled at each other and in the next second our lips latched onto one another's. This kiss was far better than any of the ones yesterday because I finally knew that this meant something. He wanted to be with me. Alex Gaskarth wanted to be with me! Me!

We pulled away seconds later with matching smiles on our faces. He nudged his nose against mine, making me giggle. I slid my hand across his cheek to get lost in his hair and pull him back in for another kiss. He released my hand and brought it up to rest on my waist, his left hand resting on my cheek.

"So... does this mean that you will be my girlfriend, Isabelle Sanchez?" He asked, making me grin and nod.

"I want nothing more than to be your girlfriend." I told him. I felt like I could fly. Alex Gaskarth was my boyfriend. Holy shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwww. They worked everything out and are now dating. Cute. (:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT FLYZIK. and my daddy. <3