Help...

Chapter 5

Raven slowly awoke in the morning. She glanced over at the clock and saw it was seven A.M. She sighed and ran a hand over her face. She glanced around and noticed Jase wasn’t there. She smiled softly. She got up and grabbed a towel from her drawer. She then went towards the bathroom. She started the hot water. She stripped from the clothes she was wearing. She then stepped into the shower. She let the hot water run down her back. It was so inviting. She couldn’t help it, she loved the water. She felt at ease here in the shower.
She didn’t look down at her body, knowing she had more than enough scars. She just closed her eyes, allowing the hot water to put her at ease. She felt her tense muscles start to relax. She sighed softly. She got some of her strawberry smelling shampoo and rubbed it into her scalp. She then began to wash it out. She grabbed the matching conditioner and applied it into her hair, making it soft. She smiled happily at the smell of strawberries all around her. She loved it. She couldn’t think of a better way to start her morning.
She then got some soap and washed her body with it. She finished up and just stood in the water, leaning against the wall as she enjoyed the hot water pounding against her skin. She eventually turned off the water. She wrung her hair out getting all the water that she possibly could out of her hair. She then stepped out, grabbing her towel. She dried off, and wrapped it around her body. She looked in the mirror. She brushed her red hair gently, getting all the tangles out. She then brushed her teeth. This was her regular morning routine.
She finished up in the bathroom. She did her makeup after she had brushed her teeth. She went into her room, and got into her clothes. She put on a tank top, and then some shorts. She put her curls up into a bun at the top of her head. She then went to go get Audrey awake. She opened her door and almost screamed. She sighed in relief seeing it was only Jase and said, “What the hell?” She asked. She shook her head hearing him cackling away in his evil laugh. She moved right through him and then into her little sister’s room. She opened it and said, “Audrey? Time to wake up.” She told her. She then smiled as Audrey nodded waking up as she rubbed her eyes. She smiled at her, and said, “Get dressed. I’ll be in the kitchen.” She told her.
Raven made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. She then started make waffles for Audrey. She saw her mom and said, “Hey.” Her mother simply waved and went out the door, going to work. Raven smiled softly to herself. She felt a tap on her shoulder, and turned around and looked down and blinked when Audrey kissed her cheek and hugged her. Raven smiled and laughed and then picked her up and set her on the counter. “So, squirt, what’s up?” Audrey pouted at the nickname. She then said, “Just wanted to come get breakfast, like you told me to.” Raven nodded and said, “Ahh.” She smiled at her little sister though. She rolled her eyes when she saw Jase making a funny face at her from behind Audrey. She sighed and said, “Jase, can you not be so arrogant and irritating?” She asked smiling softly. Jase made a face, wrinkling his nose. “That’s not fun!” He complained sighing.
“Not everything in life, and in the afterlife, is fun.” She scolded him lightly. Audrey giggled softly. She then squealed in happiness as the waffles came out of the toaster. She smiled happily. Raven fixed Audrey her plate, and gave Audrey the syrup as well. Audrey smiled and sat down at the table, and began to eat her waffles. “Thank you Ravey!!” She cheered. Raven smiled sitting down in front of her. Raven never ate breakfast. She had a hate for it, actually. It made her nauseous. She then turned to Jase and said, “Do you want breakfast?” She asked him raising an eyebrow. He shook his head and said, “No.” Raven nodded in response to that.
“I’m not a pet you know.” He said. “I know, you’re more like a small child. Kind of like Audrey.” She said. Audrey laughed biting her lip as she did so. Jase just glared at Raven and said, “I’m probably five times the age of you.” He said. “Well, considering I’m 16 that would make you…80.” She said. He raised an eyebrow and said, “Smartass.” He said. She smirked softly and then said, “Watch your language around Audrey if you don’t mind me asking.” She said. “I can say anything I damn well want.” He said. Raven stood up and said, “Watch. Your. Fucking. Mouth.” She hissed to him.
Jase smirked and said, “Awh, now look who got angry.” Raven raised an eyebrow and said, “Audrey, you done?” Audrey nodded. “Please go play.” She said. Audrey nodded and smiled running in the house and towards outside in their new backyard. Raven turned back to Jase and said, “What the fuck is your problem? She’s 7 years old!” She yelled at him. He blinked taken aback at her. She then said, “Keep your mouth to yourself, or don’t say anything to me while around her if you can’t control yourself!” She said. She turned to walk away, but Jase caught her arm and said, “I’ll watch it around her. You though, you’re no exception.” “Never expected to be an exception.” She told him, ripping her arm out from his grasp.
She turned and went to walk away, but he appeared in front of her. “What is it with you and trying to walk away?” He asked. “I’m done talking.” She said. “Obviously, if you didn’t get that the first time, why should I explain it?” He gave a looked and said, “OBVIOUSLY if I’m not done talking, doesn’t mean the conversation is!” His face was close to her own face now. She rolled her eyes, her hands going to her hips and said, “If I want it to be over, it can be over no matter if you’re still jabbering away or not!” She growled to him. Jase rolled his own eyes now and said, “Not if I’m still talking to you!” He threw his hands up in an aggravated manner. She laughed at him and said, “What makes you think I’ll reply to you?” He narrowed his eyes and said, “Why are you so damn difficult?!” Raven shrugged and said, “Maybe you’re just losing patience.” She pushed past him, going for to end it.
Once again, Jase stepped in her way. “Do you mind moving!?” She demanded, not irritated by his antics. This was so ridiculous! She was arguing with a ghost! She sighed crossing her arms over her chest now. He laughed and said, “Not since you want me to.” His feet were now on the ground, allowing him to tower over her still, since he was so much taller than her. He looked down at her, crossing his own arms in a mocking manner. She said, “You’re so annoying!!!” She turned around this time, and went for an escape. He appeared in front of her within that next moment. She frowned looking up at him. “Let me move dammit!!” She said. “Since you asked so nicely, I guess, no!” He said to her.
Raven sighed and leaned against the counter, making him move closer looking down at her face flushed with aggravation. She saw how irritated he was and smirked. “Don’t smile at me all satisfied with yourself!” He said frowning now. “You’re so angry your face is flushed, how can I not be satisfied. You’re the one who started this anyways.” She told him. She smirked softly again, and stared up at him, eyebrows arched as she waited for his reply. Jase growled and said, “You’re so fucking stubborn and irritating, you know that?” He then sighed softly, shaking his head. “You know what? You’re in the same fucking boat, so shut up.” She then turned and walked past him. She made it to the door, before he appeared again. He then said, “How the hell am I annoying?” He asked her. She looked at him and said, “You’re joking right?”
He looked at her and said, “Does it look like I’m joking?” Raven laughed and said, “Oh because you don’t know.” She said sarcastically. She then said, “You never leave me alone!” She spat at him. He looked at her and said, “You never say anything.” “Well I am now!” She told him. He raised an eyebrow and said, “Would you rather I was in your nightmares?” “You think I’m scared of you? I have nightmares when I actually sleep, you don’t scare me in the least ghost boy.” She said. She had a look of defiance in her eyes. One so drastic he couldn’t turn away from her. He said, “I could make you scared of me.” “I doubt that.”She replied. She glared up at him and said, “I’ve had much worse than you can ever do to me.” She then walked away from him, and this time continued walking. She ignored him completely, her hands fists at her sides. She didn’t want to talk about why she wasn’t scared of him. She didn’t. Audrey didn’t even know, and she would make sure that girl NEVER knew what had had happened.
Jase watched her and shook his damn head. He said, “Why do you insist on being alone?” He demanded and suddenly wondered why it mattered to him anyways. He sighed and said, “You’re always alone! I don’t get it! I’m dead, I have an excuse. You have a little sister, what the hell’s your excuse?” He demanded. Raven couldn’t keep it in, she turned around and screamed at him, “Maybe because my dad fucking raped me!!!!” She then realized what she said, and shook her head furiously, running upstairs. She locked her door and slid down the door, and rocked herself back and forth. She started to sob again. Jase just stood there stunned, his eyes widening. He had never expected that. No wonder she was shaking yesterday. He then realized he had fucked up royally. He groaned and sighed shaking his head. “Fuck.” He muttered to himself. How could he be so damn stupid?
Raven rocked herself, keeping her arms around her knees, and her knees resting on her chest. She kept herself in a ball form, ignoring most everything. She heard a knock at the front door. She wondered who that could be. She wiped her eyes, opening her own door. She went downstairs, and looked around. She sighed going to the door. She opened the front door, and then wished she hadn’t. She backed up and said, “Get away. You aren’t supposed to be here, dad” She went to slam the door, but he stopped it with his arm. She looked at her father, and then kept backing up. She turned and saw Jase and mouthed to him to take care of Audrey. She turned back to her dad and said, “Get out of my house.” He looked down at her and said, “My, you’ve grown in the past two years, Raven.” She shivered and whispered, “Stay the fuck away from me!” Jase realized something, she had been fourteen when that man had done that to him. He shook his head, and went to go take care of Audrey.
Meanwhile, John had Raven against a wall. “Get away from me!” She yelled. She ran upstairs and to her room, getting the hell away from him. She went to the balcony and frowned trying to get down. She then turned around facing her dad, and gasped when he slapped her. She held her face and frowned at him. She then felt him grab her arms. She bit her lip, knowing her only way out was to either run past him. She took her chance and went to running to the side, but he grabbed her and tossed her forwards in front of him. She stumbled, and then tripped over the edge of the balcony. She screamed as she went tumbling off the balcony. She shut her eyes as she went down towards the ground, tears falling off her lashes as she went.