Help...

Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Jase had been watching the scene unfold. He watched Raven’s father push her around, and he had to admit, it made him angry. When the man commenced to push her off the balcony, he dove, catching her safely in his arms. He noticed the bruises on her, growling in anger. He turned his blazing eyes up at Raven’s father, anger apparent on his features.
Raven opened her brown eyes. Her eyes were brimming with pain. Looking at Jase she managed to ask, “Audrey’s safe?” He nodded, which he was lying, he had gotten her somewhere safe as Raven had told him to. He lowered her down gently murmuring, “I’ll be back.” She gave a shaky nod to signal that she had heard his words. Her eyes slowly began to shut, as her mind went into unconsciousness.
Jase watched her eyes shut before turning his sapphire ones up at her father, a feral growl emanating from his lips. Clenching his fists at his side, he floated upwards to be eyelevel with her father. “Get out.” He said flatly. He had shadows slowly beginning to surround his body darkening his glare on his face. His anger seemed to be getting more and more terrifying.
Her father had been laughing until he realized Jase was floating in mid air. A look of terror soon filled his features. Stumbling backwards, away from Jase, he tried to turn and run. Suddenly he was slammed into a wall. He screamed his nose taking the brunt of the hit. He screamed once more in pain, before backing out of the room. He ran down the stairs, and out of the house. He ran to his car, starting it with trembling hands. His body shook with terror. He didn’t know who the hell that was, or what the boy wanted. He knew one thing, however. The boy was pissed off. Backing out of the drive way, he got on the highway, beginning to get as far away from that house as possible.
Jase waited until he was certain the son of a bitch was gone before he lowered himself down to Raven once more. He gave a soft sigh, reaching down and picked her up gently. Holding her bridal style to himself, he carried her upstairs. It took little to no strength to do this. He set her down carefully in her bed, before backing up. He sat down watching over her, making sure she didn’t start puking blood or something. Noticing hair was in her eyes, he brushed it away, his hands as cold as ice.
Raven’s eyelashes fluttered as she opened her eyes, awakening from unconsciousness. Wincing at her back, she took a look around wondering where she was. She soon realized it was her room. She heard something, or rather someone. She noticed it had been Jase, and her eyes widened. She sat up straight, and then realized it had been a mistake when she gasped in pain as her eyesight went totally black for a few moments. She clutched onto the bed to keep herself upright. The blackness eventually cleared, and she gulped as she looked at Jase.
Jase wandered over to her seeing her waking up. He murmured, “How’re you feeling?” She looked up at him, and said, “Been better.” She sighed running a hand through her hair. “Is he gone?” She questioned looking up at him a mix of fear and hope in her eyes. He nodded loving the look of hope in her eyes. He shook himself out of it. He couldn’t get close, not to another person. He soon made himself get cold again and said, “Yes. I have enough to deal with. You’re family is enough to handle without him in here.” He said hotly. She smiled softly and said, “Thank you.” She kissed his cheek before getting up. He grumbled something his face turning red. He didn’t care what she thought. She stood up and went and found Audrey in a locked room. She hugged her tightly and said, “Hey, it’s okay.”
Audrey sniffled and cried into her sister’s arms. Raven picked her sister up, holding her close as she stroked her hair. “He’s gone now. He’s not coming back.” She whispered in her ear as she held her close to her body. Jase stood back, simply watching the two. He turned away sadness soon coming back into him. Along with the sadness came anger. He was angry from the fact that he was dead. He was angry from the fact that his own beloved sister was dead. He hit a wall suddenly, making Raven and Audrey jump in surprise. He disappeared through the wall going out into the backyard. Maybe now he’d get them out of his house once and for all. He didn’t need this.
Conflicted with his feelings, he looked up at the sky. He screamed at the sky, praying that Raven didn’t come out to check to see if he was okay. He didn’t know what he would do. He was scared of himself. Raven didn’t go check on him, knowing he wanted space. She sighed seeing as it was mid afternoon now. She wondered how long she had been out. She shook it away and said, “Come on. Let’s get dinner started.” Audrey smiled nodding as she took Raven’s bigger hand in her tiny one.
Raven smiled and took her hand as she exited her bedroom. Glancing around, she strode into the kitchen. She gently lifted Audrey, by her waist, onto the counter. She smiled and said, “So, what do you want for dinner, kiddo?” Audrey giggled before tapping on her hand in a cute little manner. “Mac and Cheese!” She squealed. “Alright, just this once.” Raven laughed. She got the preparations in order before started to boil the water. Once the water had boiled she put the noodles in and put the timer on. While the noodles cooked, she goofed off with Audrey.
Raven soon let the noodles drain before putting the noodles back into the pot. She poured the cheese in and mixed it. She got a couple of paper plates down. She poured some Mac and Cheese onto the paper plates. She got plastic forks as well. She handed Audrey her food, before hopping up onto the counter beside her with her own food. She smiled down at her baby sister.
Soon she was done eating as well as Audrey. She scooped her up in her arms and went and took her to her room. It was later now. Their mom wasn’t home. It had taken her awhile to wake up. She smiled and tucked her in, kissing her forehead. “Goodnight Audrey.” “Goodnight sissy.” She giggled before rolling on her side, and hugging her favourite teddy bear. She snuggled in and soon enough the young girl was asleep.
Raven gave a soft sigh as she gently closed Audrey’s door and quietly headed to her own. She nearly pissed herself when she saw Jase laying casually on her bed. “Asshole.” She muttered to herself. Jase looked up when he heard a noise. He saw Raven and shrugged to himself. Her nerve twitched as if a vein in her forehead popped out. She rolled her eyes irritably. She sighed and asked, “Are you just going to mope or what?” She had her hands on her hips as she raised an eyebrow at him.
Now it was Jase’s turn to roll his eyes in an aggravating manner. “You have zero proof that I am indeed moping.” He scoffed. Raven laughed, almost sarcastically, “Oh yeah, It’s so obvious. It’s an aroma and quite frankly it’s stinking my room up!!” She told him, as she looked down at him waiting for his reply a snarky look on her face. Jase rolled his eyes again sighing, “You sure it’s not just you?” He sneered to her as he raised his own eyebrow.
“Unless I smell like depression and idiot, I’m pretty sure it’s just you.” She pointed out as she took a seat on her floor. She sighed as her back popped once she had sat down. She didn’t really care where she sat as long as she wasn’t uncomfortable. Jase shot her a dirty look, “I am not moping!” He said trying to convince her he wasn’t. “Sure you aren’t.” Came her reply as a small laugh came bubbling to the surface of her lips as well.
Jase sighed, “Why do I even bother?” “Still trying to figure that one out.” She giggled as she told him that turning her light brown eyes up at him. He shot her a glare, and Raven gave him a bright smile just to get underneath his skin. He ran a frustrated hand throughout his shaggy hair. He then asked, “Why do you always insist on arguing with me?” She sighed, “Well, because if I just agree with you, your ego will inflate to the size of jupiter. We can’t have that. It’s already big enough!” She giggled saying this. He gave her a murderous look, “It will not!” He argued. “This time you argued with me!” She stated as she hid her mouth trying hard not to laugh. “Stop!” He said rubbing his temples. “You’re such a headache!” He complained pouting as he did so. “Takes one to know one!” She said in a sing song voice.
Jase gave out a frustrated groan. “Why must you do that?!” He demanded getting closer to her. He got extremely close, nearly touching. His face was now up close to her own. His steady blue eyes kept a firm hold on her almost gold ones. When she saw his face, and noticed his proximity to her, her cheeks heated up with colour springing to her face. She bit her lip and averted his gaze. He made a sound in the back of his throat. He gently grabbed her chin so she was looking at him. His fingers were on the side of her face as he did so, his thumb touching her chin, and the skin below her pink lips.
“Raven, look at me and answer my question.” His eyes were now on her’s once more. His gaze was steady and focused on her own. He could admit that she was utterly beautiful, but knew it didn’t matter really. He would never be able to be with her anyways.
Raven sighed, turning her gaze back to focus on his sapphire eyes. She could get lost in those eyes. God, he was beautiful, in every single aspect. She couldn’t stand him though. She sighed, saying, “Do what?” He sighed as well and said, “Tease me!” Came his reply. “Because you tease me too!” She argued with him, frowning. He chuckled, “Doesn’t mean you have to tease me!” She shrugged, “Oh well.” She smiled. She pulled away tired of her face being a crimson colour. She crawled into the warm bed. “Oh come on!” He said almost whining. She had her face faced towards the wall and not him as she grinned. “Goodnight, Jase.” She said. He groaned. “Night!” She smiled to herself.
Snuggling into her pillow as she brought her legs up to meet her chest, she pulled the blanket over herself. She smiled this time as she dozed off to sleep. Jase smiled as he watched her. He sat down and simply kept watch of this weird and stubborn girl. He shook those thoughts away gently as he kept watch all throughout the night.