Made of Wax

Mr. Phillips

Even though Precious and I were late to class, the new teacher had yet to make his presence when we walked into the Gym hall. I sighed in annoyance, already hating the teacher for being late. He may be new, and I may sound like a bitch, but first of all; new teacher should be here way before the lesson starts, and second of all; maybe I’m a bitch, but I just really love Gym class, it is my favorite class after all, so I hate that we can’t start at the right time.

“Hey, let’s put on some music, shall we?” a guy called Ricky asked the entire class.

“I don’t know if it’s a good idea. You know we’re not allowed to touch the stereo” a girl called Ronja, said a bit unsure.

She was right; we weren’t allowed to do touch the stereo, only the teachers could do that. But what the hell; the teacher was late anyway; “just put it on. I’ll take the blame, though it’s not our problem, he’s late anyway” I said and snorted in annoyance.

Ricky turned on the music, which instantly started playing Troublemaker by Olly Murs, causing me to start dancing some kind of freestyle dancing. Just letting the rhythm take control over my body, and soon Precious and Ricky were joining me.

The dancing kept going, and for a surprise to myself, I didn’t get as tired as I use to. I kept dancing, in hope for coming up with some “new” moves and steps. We never danced to this song before, so it was worth trying, right?

As was on replay for the third time, someone stopped it about twenty seconds into the song, making me turn around and get ready to get a little pissed. That was when I noticed a rather young looking man, looking and the three of us with some kind of shock, happiness and something I couldn’t describe, look in his eyes, before he cleared his throat.

“Do you have the right to turn on the music?” he asked a bit harsh.

“Do you have the right to speak to us in that way?” I asked, feeling the smirk grow on my face. Usually I wouldn’t talk back to a teacher; or just anyone at all. Well yes, the people on my own age, but not people who was way older than me, only to my brother and his friends.

The man sighed and shook his head with a small smile on his lips, “right… Well listen up guys, I’m Richard Philips, but you’ve got to call me either Coach Philips or Mr. Philips. Thank you” he said and put down his bag, next to the stereo.

We had a name round, so Mr. Philips could get to know or names. Then we had to say what made us chose Gym as an extra class, and what we love to do in Gym class.

“I want you guys to warm up, so please get out in the side and take some runs around in the hall. I will let you know when to stop, aight? Okay, now get going” he said, and we all started running around in the hall. “Precious, Penelope and Ricky can I please talk to you guys for a minute?” he yelled to get our attention.

We all went to him, and waited for him to speak up. “I just want to tell you that the dance you did, it was pretty cool” he said and smirked lightly, causing big grins to appear on our faces.

We thanked him, before we got back in the line and started running around.

Before we knew it, the class was over and we all disappeared into changing/bathing room of the Gym. I decided not to take a shower, and I may sound disgusting, but I just wanted to take a shower when I get back home, right before my lovely brother would arrive – please notice the sarcasm.

“Hey Prec, you want a ride home?” I asked her, as I passed her on the sidewalk.

She nodded eagerly and jumped into my car, putting on the seatbelt. I drove around a few blocks, and soon we were in front of her house. She kissed my cheek, I kissed her, and with that we said goodbye to each other, and I backed out of the driveway.

Soon I was arriving to my house and was driving into the driveway, noticing a familiar car was parked next to where I use to park. I got out of the car, took my bag and pushed the door closed with my foot. I swung the bag over my shoulder and ‘ran’ up the stairs to the house, and got inside.

I pulled of my shoes, and noticed the voices in the kitchen, though I noticed an unfamiliar voice speaking as well. When I got to the kitchen, a big smile appeared on my lips and I dropped my bag to the floor, “AMY!” I yelled and ran to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

I honestly missed my sister so much. She kissed my hair and pulled away, “hey girl” she smiled big. “Sis, I want you to meet my boyfriend. So Pen this is Jacob and Jacob this is my famous sister Penelope” she smiled happily. I shook Jacobs hand gently with a smile on my face, and said hello to him.

“Penelope, please go take a shower, you stink” my mother chuckled softly, causing me to giggle.

“Yes mother” I said, and with that I went to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠