Lust Has No Mercy

IV

Tom crawled under the space Rowan's limp body laid and the desk. Shrugging off his red jumper, he bunched it gently lifting and setting her head on it. Oliver peeked over the desk, his black iPhone placed firmly against his ear.

"Hey Taylor, it's Oli.....erm, you're gonna wanna come 'round the shop and get Rowan." 

......

Rowan's back pressed firmly against the white drywall.  
The fake tile fixtures glued poorly over the drywall dug into her spinal chord. The long knit black scarf around her neck appeared to have swallowed her whole. Taylor sat in the cushioned chair across from the bed. His elbow resting precisely on the handle, his index and thumb placed on the bridge of his noise. He let out an irritated sigh. 

"I wish you'd mention how poorly you've gotten." He told her with another irritated sigh. "You really scared Oliver." 

Rowan said nothing. Her head tilted down, her fingers clenching and unclenching the warm fabric in such a child like manner. Occasionally, her fingers slipping through the holes. She'd already felt embarrassed and overexposed. Taylor just hated seeing her this way. The lifeless black hair created a curtain between her and the man she'd love; it hid the distressed look on her face along with the tears threatening to fall. 

The wooden door opened breaking the silence between the two individuals in waiting. The doctor stared very unamused at the two of them. A gentlemen with far too many tattoos and a transparent stick figure with long black hair. 

Flipping the chart open, his eyes scanned over the nurses notes as he nodded indifferently to himself. 

"Alright, Love." The doctor began. He dropped the clipboard carelessly onto the cot where Rowan sat. 

"Weight loss at first is pretty common in pregnancy. Along with some of your symptoms."

Rowan fought the urge to roll her eyes. She'd taken at least a dozen tests, all (thankfully) bring negative. The nurses even took a blood and urine sample to add to her proclaim of an unhoused uterus. 
Rowan stood up from the thin cot, agitated, she shoved her arms through the green military style jacket. 
"Tay-" She tried to say his name before the coughs erupted from her body. The nightmarish sounds echoing through the dinky little clinic as Rowan fell to her knees.  Her face flared, the inferno ripping through her frail body. 

Taylor peeled the green jacket off of her, tossing it behind her. He kneeled down beside her, hands rubbing her back soothingly. He just wanted to keep her calm, hold her as the attack passes through. 

The Doctor stared at the couple dumbfounded. His skin almost as porcelain as Rowan's own sickly tones. His eyes wide with fear. 

"We can cross pregnancy off the list." He finally spoke when the coughs died down. 

---

How long does it take for someone to truly lose the sanity they thought they had left?
Rowan could easily answer that question. Four seasons of Keeping up with the Kardashians and quarantine was really all it took. Rowan hasn't seen a single life form apart from herself in nearly twenty-one days. The only thing to keep her from coughing her lungs up lined the bedside table in an assortment of amber vials. Taylor stayed in their room, avoiding her as if she had the plague but in a weird strange way, she did? 

Tuberculosis was such a tedious "disease". Rowan was highly contagious and completely and utterly bored out of her mind. 
Her body still ached and her chest still throbbed with every round of coughing fits. She spent 80% of the day sleeping and the other 20% in a fist fight with the fevers that incapacitated her. 

The white iPhone sung next to her bedside bringing Rowan back to the episode where Kourtney tries to set up Khloe on blind dates. 

"I miss my assistant." the text only brought a smile to Rowan's face. If only she'd known this was the start of her downward spiral. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Has any of my 100+ readers and 30?+ Subscribers had ulcers? How about ulcers on your throat?

Here's a little backstory about moi, I am extremely socially awkward, making friends, talking to people etc is just very difficult for me. I, ironically, work in a high volume pharmacy as a technician and I'm a real hit amongst the regulars. Recent changes in the pharmacy, caused my stress levels to sky rocket thus creating the THROAT ULCERS. I didn't even know these things were possible, after doing some research, the pain along side of this "diagnosis" is worse than having your tonsils removed, or any other type of throat infection. These ulcers started to effect my eating, sleeping, talking etc. In order to cope with said stress from work, I took up Vinyasa yoga, I was in so much pain that I actually had to stop going. I was out of work for almost 2 1/2 weeks. Following those weeks, my tonsils became inflammed. Jokes on me, I'm allergic to most if not all antibiotics, I seriously had to ride out Tonsilitis AND throat ulcers. #yolo I guess. BUT IM BACK BITCHES.

Yeah, never saying that again. I love you all.

-Aztek (cmnt & subs)