Revenge is the Least Bit of Our Problems

Your Like a Brother to me Chuck.

After me and David showered, we got dressed quickly.
“Morning.” I smiled at Chuck, as I walked into the kitchen. David had to stay in the room for an important call.
“Good morning.” He watched me go into the kitchen, and get some coffee. Me and Chuck had become so close over the past week, I would miss him so much.

“Your awfully cheery this morning.” He smiled, taking me out of my thoughts.
“Oh. Um. Yeah. I don’t know.”
“You okay?” Chuck questioned, realized for once I had nothing to say.
“I’m fine. But Chuck?”
“Yes?”
“Can I talk to you?”
“Of course you can.”

“Okay. You know how much I love David, right?”
“He loves you just as much, if not more.”
“I know. And I’m only telling you this because your like a little brother to me Chuck, I love you.”
“And your like a sister to me Maddy. I love you too, but what’s bothering you?”

“Well. Yesterday. Me and David, we, um…”
“Are you trying to tell me that you and David had sex?” He blurted out.
“Well. Yes. That was easy…” I mumbled.
“Does that bother you?”
“No!” I exclaimed. A bit louder than necessary.
“Then what’s wrong?”
“Nothing. I guess.” I trailed off, this would be harder than I thought.

“I bet I know what’s wrong.” Chuck came over next to me, at the small island, and sat down next to me.
“You do?” I questioned. Maybe this wouldn’t be that hard after all.
’You think that you’re one of the many.” Okay. This was easy.

“Maybe.” I whispered.
“Maddy. I have never seen David so happy before. He loves you so much. More than you give him credit for.”
“Yeah. But me and Bri are suppose to leave tomorrow.”
“That doesn’t mean anything to him.”

“What do you mean?”
“Do you trust me?”
“Yes. With my life.”
“Okay then. Just trust me, everything is fine Maddy. I promise.” Chuck got up and wrapped me into his arms.
“Thanks Chuck.”
“Your welcome.”

Right after Chuck sat back down in his Chair, going back to his computer, David walked out, and he didn’t look happy...