Summer Love

siedem

I was nervous as we got closer to the studio. I wasn't ready to be face to face with the guy that I fell in love with several summers ago. I was not ready to be verbal with him either. I felt like I had to vomit or even die right then and there.

“Are you alright,” I heard Niall’s Irish brogue to my right.

“Yeah,” I gulped, “I’m great.”

“You don’t look it,” he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I rubbed my palms on my jeans, “I’ll be fine, soon.”

“Nervous about Lou,” he nudged my side.

I rolled my eyes at him, “you know now?”

He nodded and we entered through the main entrance. We went up two flights of stairs and came to a stop. A door was in front of us. I heard laughter and talking behind and I grew anxious.

“Don’t worry,” Niall poked my shoulder.

I nodded in agreement and followed Niall into the room. It grew quiet when we entered. The other boys stared at me like I was a foreign object, which I was, slightly.

“Devin,” Liam was the first to talk. My eyes went over to him, “can we talk for a minute,” he got off the couch he sat in, “sorry, guys.”

He walked over to me, “about what?”

“You know what about,” he eyed me as he grabbed my arm, leading me into another room.

I felt like I was being belittled. I felt like he was treating me like his younger sister, instead of an older one. I sat on a chair in the room as he paced back and forth. The room looked like a meeting room. There was a long table in the center of the space, while swivel chairs were spread around the table.

I sighed, “Liam,” I rolled my eyes at him, “this isn’t necessary. I’m an adult. You’re my younger brother, I shouldn't be belittled by you.”

He stopped and turned to look at me with confused eyes, “I’m not-,” he sighed, “look Devin. I just wanted to apologize. I feel bad for just letting all that come out.”

“It’s fine, whatever. I overreacted anyway. I was just pissed you wouldn’t trust me,” I shrugged, “but then again, you did just meet me. I guess I understand.”

“See,” he rose his hands, “thank you.”

“Liam,” I got off the chair, “shut the fuck up and introduce me to your friends,” I crossed my arms over my chest. I tried to act like the older sister now.

“Yes, ma’am,” he saluted me.

I laughed as Liam led me back to the first room. There were two boys I hadn’t been formally introduced to yet. I knew their names, but didn’t listen to their music or know anything else about them. Zayn had such beautiful bone structure I was in awe. Harry had the cutest smile I had ever seen.

I felt Louis’ eyes one me, “hi, Louis,” I gave him a half smile.

He didn’t say anything, instead he wrapped his arms around me, “Devin!” he exclaimed, “I’ve missed you so much!”

I let my arms twine around his waist in response. I had missed him as well. It was hard not to call or have any contact with the boy I fell in love with. It’s been about three years with no contact.

“Hey guys,” I heard a feminine voice giggle.

Louis and I broke apart. His eyes wandered to the door and he smiled. I followed his eyes and saw a girl there. Her brunette hair was in perfect curls and her eyes were a deep brown. She was stunning and I knew who she was before anyone said anything.

“Hi,” I smiled at her, “you must be Louis’ girlfriend.”

“Yes, my name is Eleanor,” her eyes were confused.

“Oh,” I giggled, “my name is Devin. Louis and I go way back.”

Her face drew back, then she nodded.

“El,” Louis butted in, “remember I told you about her. The girl who was afraid of getting lost. I told you about her. Remember the summer story several years ago,” he took his girlfriend out of the room. His voice was low, making sure I couldn't hear him. Then they were gone.

“Fucker,” I blew out a breath, “who does he think he is,” I crossed my arms over my chest again, “telling stories about me,” I plopped on the couch.

“You get angry pretty quickly,” Zayn looked over at me. His hands were locked together in his lap, as he sat on the couch. His head rested on the back of the couch.

I scoffed, “fuck you, too,” I rolled my eyes, “you’re hogging all the good bone structure.”

He laughed, “yours isn’t that bad either,” he poked my cheek.

I shook my head and laughed, “I’m just upset that he did that. We promised never to mention that summer, ever!” I emphasized.

“Oh,” he muttered, “well, fuck him,” Zayn mimicked.

I groaned, “man, do I sound like that? God, I’m such a bitch,” I buried my face in my palms.

“No,” Liam spoke, “you’re not that bad.”

“Yea, I am. I curse way too much,” I pointed out.

“It’s alright,” I heard Irish, “I do as well.”

I looked up at Niall, “Of course Mr. Irish would. You like drinking, too, eh?”

“Yes,” he cocked his head.

“So, do I. Man, I can’t live without it. Too bad it’s illegal to drink under the age of twenty-one in America.”

“It’s not here. How old are you?” Harry asked, his full attention on me.

“I’m nineteen. I’ll be twenty in a couple months.”

“Well, you can drink here, legally,” Niall quirked his eyebrows.

“Are you asking me to go drinking with you, Niall?”

“Maybe,” he offered.

I laughed, “challenge accepted!”

“I want to go,” Zayn’s voice grew louder.

“Yeah, me, too,” Harry interjected.

“Great! Let’s make it a party then,” I hopped off the couch, “everyone can go except Liam, because he’s my brother and that’s weird.”

“Hey,” he sounded hurt, “I’ll have you know I can’t drink anyway.”

“Why is that?”

Liam sighed, “Because I have one kidney.”

“Oh, bummer,” I rose my shoulders then let them fall back to its rightful place, “how about tonight?” I asked as I turned back to the other boys.

“I’m up for it.”

“Looks like I’m going to have to buy a new dress,” I smiled, “and I look phenomenal in them!” I sang.

“Please, never sing,” Liam seethed, “ever again!”

“Oh, please,” I spat, “I can sing you under the table! And drink if you wanna go that way!”

“Shut up, Devin,” Liam sighed.

“Whatever, you’re just mad,” I threw at him, “are you guys doing anything here?”

“Yeah,” Harry nodded, “but our producer isn't here.

Just then the door opened, “Hey guys,” I saw a girl possibly in her mid-twenties at the door, “looks like you have the rest of the day off,” she pushed her glasses up her nose.

“Thanks, Cindy,” Harry smiled. She blushed and walked out, closing the door behind her.

“Good,” I stretched, “I have to go shopping.”

“Can I go with you?” Harry was at my side in a flash.

“You want to help me pick a dress?” I looked at him strangely.

“Yes, I do,” he took my hand and led me out of the building.

I didn’t have a say in the matter. I waved behind me and saw a sad look on Zayn’s face. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but Harry’s grip was fairly tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey-o! This one is pretty short, but let me know what you all think! Feedback, please! :D
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Please and Thank you!

X Dani