Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

So Close to Getting Caught

I jumped up,
“What was that?” I questioned, buttoning my pants back up.
“I don’t know. You stay here. I’ll go find out.” Jepha got up,
“No. I’m coming with you.”
“Alright. But please stay behind me.” I smiled at how protective he is.
“Okay.”

We slowly and carefully made our way down the stairs, making as little noise as possible. It was so dark, I couldn’t see a thing. My hand searched the wall as I tried to find a light switch. But someone beat me to it.

“What the hell is going on?” My dad yelled, not a second after he saw what me and Jeph had on, which wasn’t much.
“Mom. Dad? I. Uh.” I couldn’t find words at that moment, but I knew I had to think of something quick. He took a step closer to Jeph,
“Who the fuck do you think you are? That’s my daughter!” He yelled, coming even closer.

“Dad. Stop!” I pushed in between the little space that was left, and pushed my dad back.
“Nothing happened!” I yelled, turning my back to Jepha.
“You expect me to believe that?” He questioned, his eyes still on Jeph. Almost like he was ready to kill him, which would make sense right now.

“Yes. You should believe it, because it’s the truth.” I calmed my voice down to a normal house voice, which seemed to calm my dad down a little, because he knew that I wouldn’t lie about something like that. Well, not yet anyways.

Just then I heard someone coming upstairs from the basement. Oh no. Please stay down stairs… Just then Bert came into full view, rubbing his eyes, with just his boxers on,
“What’s going on?” He yawed. I found it hard not to laugh, but my dad glared at him,
“Okay. Guess I don’t want to know.” He shied away, walking back downstairs.

I looked at my mom, she hadn’t said anything the entire time. Not one word. She caught my stare, and put her head back down. I really must of hurt her, but I don’t know why. Nothing happened, well it almost did, but I would have told them if it did. I put my head down too, now feeling guilty.

“We need to talk. Now.” My dad said sternly, going into the living room. My mom followed, still not saying anything, but I didn’t miss the death glare she gave Jepha.
“I’m so sorry.” I lipped to him, before walking into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
another part coming soon.

comments are always welcome..
[ and very apperciated!]
: ]

STEPH