Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

The Monster Under Bert's Bed

Bert started painting something that looked like a bad monster from a horror film. Right as Mrs. Gains returned, Bert was putting the finishing touches on the monster.
“Watch this.” He winked at us.
“Oh boy.” Bella smiled.
“Hi.”
“Hi. Oh. Your friend stopped crying, that’s good.”
“Yes he did. I made you a picture.”
“Oh.” She said, skeptically.
“Want to see it?”
“Well. Uh-” Bert quickly ripped the picture out from behind his back,
“Raw!” He yelled,
“Holy. Oh my gosh. What is that?” She questioned, not sure of what to say about Bert’s painting.

“It’s the monster under my bead.” He smiled.
“I’m sorry, but do you need help?” She questioned.
“Nope.” Bert kept smiling, like it was a funny picture. It was, but it just wasn’t the right kind of painting for Mrs. Gains.
“Are you sure?”
“Nope.” Bert smirked, trying not to laugh.

“Do you think I need help?” he questioned, leaning closer to her.
“Yes.” She answered, a bit too quickly for Bert.
“Fine!” He yelled, throwing the painting on the floor, running out of the room, pretending to cry.

Almost everyone in the class room was use to Bert behaving like this, but they still found everything he did hilarious. Mrs. Gains just stood there, too shocked to say or do anything. After another minutes she went and sat down at the desk.
“Alright,” Jepha smirked, “My turn.”