Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Unexpected Phone Call.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I finally got home, and not a second after I got in my house did my phone ring. I ran over to it.
“Hello.”
“Jess, hi. It’s mom. How are you doing hunny?” I could tell that something was wrong by the tone of her voice.
“I’m fine. Mom, what’s wrong?” I questioned. Jepha looked at me with concern, but I just smiled in response.

“I don’t want you to worry, okay? Everything’s going to be fine.”
“Mom. You’re scaring me.”
“Your father was in an accident. He’s pretty banged up. And. And.” I could hear her start to choke up over the phone, as my eyes filled up, ready to pool over.
“And what?”
“They don’t know if he’s going to make it.” Her tone was flat, and my eyes pooled over.

“What?” Me and my dad are so close. He is always there for me, ad always trying to protect me. Especially when it comes to guys.
“Jess. Don’t worry. He’s strong, he will be okay. He can get-”
“I’m coming.”
“No. You can’t come.”
“Why not?” I questioned, not thinking about anything else at the moment.

“You have to stay there. You have way too much going on right now. With school, and with graduation only a week away.”
“Mom. I don’t care. I’m coming down there.”
“Hunny. He will be fine. Yes. Oh. Okay.” She said to somebody else,
“Jess. I have to go. Don’t worry. I love you, and I will call as soon as I know something. Goodbye.” I hung up without saying anything, dropping to my knees.

“Jess?” Jepha ran over, and wrapped his arms around me,
“Jess. What’s wrong? What happened?” He questioned, trying to help me up. I refused, and sat there lifeless,
“My dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
im trying to get to 'the part' jepha!

comment?