Blood for Blood, Hearts Beating

8

All the boys were on the Pierce the Veil bus. None of them had spoken a word to Tony. It wasn’t exactly that they were mad at him, but they just didn’t want to know the truth about where he was all night. By the time he got back to the room, everyone was asleep, or at least pretended they were asleep.

The bus was full of complete silence and Mike couldn’t handle it much longer. “For fucksake, Tony. Please tell us you were at the bar and getting a few drinks last night and that’s it. I’d go into more of what I think happened but considering the time you came home, I don’t think anyone wants to know.”

Tony was holding up the tiny engagement ring that he had for Stephanie. Now it was just a ring. Not of any value for him. Just a piece of Silver with a precious stone on it that had a curse placed upon it. He put it down and looked at Mike. “I got some STD’s from Lexus Amanda and then we got together with a bunch of people and had one big giant orgy. Is that what you want to hear, Mike? I also considered starting my own band. After I decided to do that, I popped some pills and had a crazy trip that would awe God.”

Mike sat down and threw a pillow at him. “You’re an asshole. You know that?”

“It’s my life and I’ll choose it how I like.”

“Well then you can jump out of this bus and waste everything you’ve worked up to!” He was now screaming at the top of his lungs.

Vic gave his brother a water. “Calm down, bro. It’s Tony’s life and we should respect that.”

“Yeah, respect that, Mike.” Tony was basically spitting the mockery out like it was his job. He got the Whiskey from the fridge, took a large drink out of it and pushed it in Mike’s face. “Want some, Sugar?”

Once again, Mike was about to strike at him but luckily, Jaime came out from the back. “Tony! Calm down and go to your bunk, right now.”

“But, Jaime.” He was whining hard about it.

“I said now.” Jaime was pointing his finger to the back of the bus. “Don’t forget to give me that Whiskey.” He held out his hand and grabbed it from him, putting it back in the fridge.

Mikey had his hand to his eyes, shielding them from the embarrassment that he had just put himself through. He let a guy who was drunk get the better of him.

Jaime crossed his arms. “What’s going on with Tony? I think all of us are losing our patience."

Vic spoke softly. “The guy just had his fucking heart ripped out. Give it some time.”

“The guy? He’s more like a child. It’s been a long time and even so, he’s being immature, letting it ruin everyone around him.” Mike took his hat off and brushed his hair to the back of his head.

Jaime sat down beside Mike. “He sure as hell is worrying me.”

“He’s being a little bitch. Maybe we should kick him out of the band.” For as upset as Mike was, he was definitely kidding about him leaving. He was their brother. Not something that could easily be thrown out.

The bus stopped and the driver called out to say that they were at the new venue. Tony was the first to hop off. He flew past the guys in the band showing his frustration that the guys couldn’t see what he was going through.

It was a disgustingly sunny day but what made it worse was that he was already hung-over. He went to the back of the bus and took out a pack of cigarettes. He put one in his mouth and lit it. It was incredible. Right when he put it in his mouth, the world got slightly better. The storm seemed to pass over and calm the seas.

A bunch of the buses parked all around the area and he was searching for something. Although he wasn’t quite aware of it, in the back of his mind, he was searching for Grace. Just a few minutes later, she came walking off the bus from across the street. She didn’t take any notice to him but she seemed a little more pleasant today than he had seen her around her bus. He wanted to talk to her so bad but instead, Freddy walked up to him with a smile on his face.

“Shit man. Why are you smoking?”

“Hey, Freddy. I like smoking. Smoking is the one thing that seems right in all situations. You want a puff?”

“Nah, I quit smoking a few years ago.”

“Why?” Tony let out a really weird laugh after wondering if it was something worth laughing at or something that was just so unbelievable.

Freddy put his hand on Tony’s neck and gave it a squeeze. “Smoking is bad for the voice. On top of that, my dad was diagnosed with cancer a month before I quit.”

“Is he ok?”

“Yeah, he’s doing fine. It’s me with the issue though. I think Grace hates my guts.”

The statement shocked Tony. “Why the living hell would you say that? What would she have to hate you for?”

“Pulling her away from you the night of the dance. She hasn’t spoken to me since then. Even when we’re in the same room, she won’t even take a look at me. I tell you, it’s eating at me.”

“Chicks.” Tony put out his cigarette.

Freddy turned to Tony. “I have to work beside her for the Summer. I can’t lose her friendship this early on in the game. This girl will be the death of me if she doesn’t stop PMSing.”

“You need to reach out to her if you want to still be friends.”

“Yeah.” Freddy then just walked away to go set up the tent with Sleeping With Sirens merchandise.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've posted and I feel really bad for those of you who are really enjoying this story. Thanks so much again, I love you guys.

I plan to have another chapter up in about 2 days.

For now, Comment, Recommend, Subscribe.