Carrie and Sheryl

Never Did I Ask Her

My usually pale-ish skin is ruddy from exertion. I look like I'm blushing, but I'm not embarrassed; I am fucking exhausted. I went a month without going to a zumba class. Now I'm paying the price.

That new fan of mine has more youthful stamina, still bopping around to music in the locker room after that HELL. I'll be lucky if I have enough energy to do my show without collapsing.

Ooh. I wonder if energizer bunny would like to come. She probably knows the songs, so it would be useful to invite her, too; she would be able to step in if I die.

"Hey there." I touched her shoulder. She turned.

"Would you like to come to my show?"

"Yeah! Where is it?" Her eyes lit up.

"Viper Alley. I'll be heading there soon, so you could just follow me in your car if you want."

"Oh, no, thank you. I know where it is. I need to shower first. I'll see you there!" With that, she turned her back to me and started undressing. I turned away, changing my workout clothes for my rock clothes. I walked outside to my car, revising the set list in my head. I don't know why, but we should play "Light Up" It's never been widely known, but I have a feeling the audience will appreciate it...
♠ ♠ ♠
The title may seem weird since Sheryl did ask her something, but it will link up with the next chapter title. Unless I forget what I'm doing.