Get Your Kicks

Prologue

“Fuck.”

Harry started chewing his lip as he looked into the miles upon miles of desert. He didn’t see a car for miles and the heat was already becoming unbearable. He brushed his bangs out of his face as he just stood down in the middle of the road, watching as the heat waves made the desert look like it was dancing in the distance. He could have sworn her heard a rattlesnake somewhere in the distance and he was already starting to sweat. He pulled out his phone to see that he had no service, there was a shock. He finally tucked his phone away and started nervously laughing. “We’re all going to die.”

“Harry, look mate just calm down-” Liam tried. The curly haired boy turned to him, his green eyes steely.

“Calm down? Calm down Liam?! We’re stuck in the middle of nowhere with no service, no air conditioning, almost no water, and no food because Irish here ate all of it!” Niall buried his head deeper into his knees as he sat outside the bus.

“I said I was sorry!” He cried out, burying his face into his folded arms.

“Well if we resort to cannibalism, I’m eating you first.” Harry growled. Niall’s lower lips started quivering as her let his head drop back down and fought back tears. He cursed his bottomless stomach and wished that he had never auditioned for X Factor in the first place.

“Now look what you did.” Zayn said, his sunglasses hiding the look of disgust in his eyes for Harry blaming this on Niall. “And we’re not going to die. Someone’s got to find us eventually.”

“THERE’S NO ONE HERE!” Harry roared. “Maybe if Louis had just fucking stopped and gotten directions-”

“Who the bloody hell needs directions?” Louis objected, lifting his head out of the hood of the bus that he’d been trying to bring back to life. “There’s only one bloody way to go, towards California.” He pointed down one stretch of road. “Or to Chicago.” He pointed in the other direction and he marched over and got in Harry’s face. “And last time I checked, we’re not going to Chicago Haz.”

“Well you were driving when the engine blew, so obviously if we had just stopped somewhere none of this would have happened! We should have gotten an actual driver but no. You just had to drive us yourself, no bodyguards, no Paul, no nothing!”

“We all agreed to do that Harry, it wasn’t just Louis and you know it.” Liam said calmly, trying to avoid Louis and Harry simply attacking each other. “You were just as sick as I was of Paul babying us all the time. You wanted it to just be us on the tour bus as much as Louis, Zayn, Niall and I did so take some damn responsibility.” Harry clenched his jaw, hating that Liam always had to be right.

“Right, I guess the heat’s just going to my head. I’ll be in the bus if you need me.” With that the curly haired boy quickly made his way past Zayn and into the bus. Niall slowly looked up once he’d left.

“Liam, are we really going to die?”

“No Niall, we’re not going to die. Someone will find us, they have to.” Niall sighed, looking back down at the ground.

“I’m sorry I ate all the food.”

“That’s what it’s there for mate.” Zayn insisted, sitting down beside Niall and giving him a small hug. “None of us could have known the engine would have given out in the middle of the raod, it wasn’t your fault at all.” Niall smiled weakly.

“Thanks Zayn.”

“Anytime Irish.”

“So what do we do now?” Niall asked, looking to Liam and Louis. Louis sighed, running his oil covered hand through his hair.

“That engine is a lost cause. I’m no mechanic, even if I was I’d probably still say the same thing.”

“Is there any chance it’s just overheated?” Liam asked. Louis shook his head and wiped the rest of the oil on his jeans.

“The hose is melted from the heat. I doubt we’re going to find another one anywhere. We’re either going to have to walk or wait for someone to drive past us.”

“That could take days.” Liam said. “And the next town isn’t for twenty miles. We'd drop maybe three miles into it from the heat alone.”

“We could go at night so we’re not in the sunlight.” Niall suggested. Liam just shook his head.

“This place will drop to about fourteen degrees or lower after the sun goes down. We’d freeze.”

“Shit.” Louis muttered. “So I guess we play the waiting game.” They were all quiet for a moment before Zayn finally said what was on all the boy’s minds.

“What if they’re too late?”

“They won’t be.” Louis promised, offering a smile. But deep down he was terrified that’s just might what happen to them. He wished he could have seen El again. He’d given her a half assed goodbye before he left for the tour and now he was regretting it. Zayn was thinking the same thing about Perrie as they all sat there, waiting for a miracle.

Finally the sun went down and they all made their way into the bus, wrapping themselves up in any blankets they could find and sleeping together for warmth. In the middle of the night Niall woke up needing to use the bathroom. He snaked his way out of the mass of boys and made his way outside. He let out a long yawn and was about to drop his knickers when he saw a bright light in the distance. He narrowed his eyes as the one light turned into two.

His blue eyes grew huge as he realized it was a car. He ran towards it, waving his arms back and forth like a maniac. “HEY! HEY STOP THE CAR!” The other boys soon also found their way outside, drawn by Niall’s screams. They soon made a wall in front of the car as it finally slowed down. Louis ran over to the driver’s side window to see a stunning blonde with massive dark brown eyes. She grabbed the brunette in the passenger’s seat who simply rolled down the window. Louis couldn’t take his eyes off the terrified driver as Harry walked over and looked that the brunette.

“What the Hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to get killed?” The brunette asked.

“No, our car broke down and we have no food and almost no water. We haven’t seen another car all day.” Liam answered, pushing past Harry and the hypnotized Louis.

“Wait, I know you.” Another blonde in the back said. “You’re One Direction, aren’t you?”

“Why yes we are.” Harry said, smiling at all of them as he saw they were all stunning. The blonde in the driver’s seat just scooted closer to the passenger’s side, keeping her eyes narrowed on the five boys that had approached her window.

“Well, where are you guys headed?” The backseat blonde asked.

“Las Vegas.” A huge smile enveloped the backseat blonde’s face.

“What a coincidence!” She gushed. “So are we!” Harry, taking in the five stunning girls, let his famous smile take over his face.

“Want to carpool?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here we go guys!
So who all is excited for this?
I am,
probably a little too much
ha ha
xoxoxo
TMG