Get Your Kicks

Brenna Dawson

Tossing my bag over my shoulder, I followed Taylor into what would be our room for the next week. Healey was behind us, carrying both of her large bags.

The second we walked in, Taylor sprawled across the bed closest to the door. It was her way of telling Healey and I that we’d be sharing the bed by the window. I didn’t mind, though. Healey was a decent cuddler.

As I dropped my bag to the floor, Darcy came racing into our room. She had an unusual pep in her step considering how morbidly hot it was outside, but it wasn’t unusual for Darcy to be abnormally happy all the time.

“Ellie and I’s room has a perfect few of the pool,” Darcy said, as she took a seat at the foot of Taylor’s bed. Tay kicked her feet at the girl, but Darcy just pulled them onto her lap, successfully preventing Taylor from pushing her off the bed.

“This dinky old inn has a pool?” Taylor’s head was shoved into her pillow and I could barely make out her words.

Chuckling, Darcy pushed Taylor’s feet off her lap. “Well, it’s not exactly filled or anything.”

Taylor gave one rough shove that was strong enough to kick Darcy fully off the bed. The blonde laughed as she crashed to the floor, her butt landing perfectly against the red carpet. It almost looked as though she’d planned for it to happen.

“So, the boys are staying, then?” My question was mostly pointed at Darcy, who had just spent a few minutes with them back at the bus while the rest of the girls carried in our bags. If anyone knew, she would.

Darcy laughed, pushing herself to her feet with the help of Healey’s hand. “Well, they have to.”
At her words, Taylor shot straight up in the bed, her eyes twisting towards Darcy. “Darcy, what did you do?”

Pressing her hand to her chest, Darcy feigned a hurt look that was far from impressive. She was beautiful, but she could never be an actress.

“I didn’t do anything,” Darcy said, as her face turned up in a smile. “I guess we’re just so charming that they don’t wanna leave us.”

As Ellie walked into the room, she let out a small laugh, along with the roll of her eyes. “Liam said they could use a vacation and this is as close as they’re going to get.”

Darcy pinched her eyes together, while she pursed her lips. She was clearly trying to pull one over on us, but Ellie ruined whatever plan she had.

“Where are they at, anyway?” I asked, as I pulled a fresh outfit from my suitcase.

Biting her lip in a playful manner, Darcy was quick to move to the door and poke her head out into the hall. When her head poked back into our room, she had a smile on her lips. “Last I saw, they were fighting over rooms.”

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to my suitcase. How could the boys stay in a small tour bus together and still fight over rooms? They were impossible.

As if on cue, Louis’s head popped from behind the door, startling Ellie so badly she nearly fell to the floor. Her hand flew to her chest, as Louis chuckled at her.

“We’re bored,” Louis said, stepping into our room as if it was his own. “I thought you ladies were going to entertain us.”

Healey whipped her attention to him, as she pulled a shirt from her bag. “Don’t you guys want to shower? Or at least change.”

“There are two showers and five of us.” Louis glared at her, which looked more playful than mean. “We’re working on it.”

Stepping towards Louis, I latched onto his arm. “So are we, so if you’ll excuse us, we need to shower.”

Just as I brought Louis to the door, Harry’s curly head came from behind it.

“Did someone say shower?” Harry asked, a large grin on his face. “If you need a shower buddy, I can help.”

I caught his deep eyes without meaning to, which immediately sent a shudder through my body. Luckily for me, his eyes passed quickly over mine, before meeting Darcy’s. If he hadn’t looked away, I wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to.

As I watched the two share a sweet smile, another shudder passed through me. This time, it felt completely different. Harry was giving Darcy that looks boys always gave her. It meant only one thing: he wanted to sleep with her.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes, but luckily it went unnoticed. Harry was just another boy I’d have to protect Darcy from. I wasn’t about to let my best friend get screwed over by a player with nice eyes and perfect hair. Not after what happened last time.

Darcy moved to the door, laughing as she did so. One hand moved to Louis’s chest, while the other moved to Harry’s. Her small frame attempted to push the boys out the door, but she was very unsuccessful.

“Both of you get out.” A laugh covered her voice, making her seem even less intimidating than she already did.

In an effort to help, Ellie pulled a pair of Healey’s panties from her bag and tossed them straight at Louis’s face.

Before they could hit him, he took a step back, pulling himself out of Darcy’s grasp.

“This means war.”

Louis grabbed onto Harry’s shirt, tugging him away from Darcy. With a slam, the door shut behind him and Darcy moved quickly forward to lock it.

Her eyes batted up and down, as she bit her lip. “I’m scared.

Shaking her head, Ellie laughed. “Oh come on, Darce. What’s the worst they could do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Maddi here! I hope everyone is enjoying reading this story as much as we're enjoying writing it(;