Get Your Kicks

Darcy Evans

My feet thudded against the floor, as I stormed out of Brenna’s room. How could she be so cold? How could she say all those things about me and about Harry? She didn’t know anything.

“Darcy.”

I spun around, finding Niall’s blue eyes in front of me.

“Is everything alright?” he asked, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I nodded, but my eyes deceived me. Tears were quickly falling from them, the salt not stinging near as bad as the words of my best friend.

In one quick motion, he had pulled my head against his chest and was rubbing my hair gently. The sweet cooing of the blonde boy only made my tears fall harder, and I was soon in sobs against his shirt. He didn’t seem to care, though, and continued to stroke my hair.

“It’s okay, Darce,” he whispered, his soft words falling against my ear. “Everything’s okay.”

He didn’t know that it was going to be okay, because he didn’t even know what was wrong. I almost wanted to chuckle when he spoke, but I held it back. He didn’t have to know what had happened to try to make her feel better.

I shook my head against him, as my tears fell harder. His arms wrapped more tightly around me, as his hand moved in small circles against my back.

“What happened?”

That only made me cry more. I didn’t want to tell him what had happened. I couldn’t tell him. Brenna’s words had hurt me, but having him know them would hurt even more. I couldn’t let him know that my best friend thought I was a whore. Then he might believe it too, and then he would tell Harry.

I pulled away from him, looking up with a pout on my lips. “It’s okay,” I whispered, wiping my eyes with my hands. “Brenna and I just got in a fight.”

Niall’s thumb moved to my cheek, as he wiped away a tear.

“Oh, Darce,” he said, wiping away another droplet. “It’s gonna be alright. You guys will make up.”

At that, my tears began falling again, and my head was back against his chest. By the end of it, he was going to have to change from all the stains that soaked his shirt.

His hand was back in my hair, tugging it softly, as he cooed against my ear. Over and over, he told me everything would be okay, as if his constant saying of it would make it so. His fingers moved against my shirt continuously, as he made every move he could to comfort me.

“What’s wrong?”

A third hand placed against my back, and I knew immediately that it was Harry. Pulling myself out of Niall’s arms, I tucked my head against Harry’s chest and continued to cry. His hand flew to my hair, much like Niall’s had, as he continued the soothing motions Niall had started.

“Is everything okay?” he asked, as he pressed his chin against the top of my head.

I nodded against his chest, before pulling away. “I’ll be alright.”

His teeth tugged at his lip, as he looked down at me. “You promise?”

I smiled and he pulled me against him again, wrapping his arms around me. With my cheeks pressed against his chest, I pushed back the tears that threatened to fall again, as Brenna’s words continued to scream in my mind.

Image


Tucking my feet under my body, I sat on top of Harry’s bed, while he passed me a warm cup of cocoa he’d grabbed from the diner. The warm liquid stung my lips, but it instantly soothed me. Even on a hot summer day, there was nothing more comforting than cocoa, and I was thankful that Harry had picked it up.

He sat down next to me, pressing his hand to my back as he moved it up and down. His soft touch helped to calm me down more and in just a few moments, my crying had stopped completely.
“Is it good?” Harry asked, motioning towards the cup in my hand.

I nodded. “It’s perfect. Thank you so much.”

Chuckling, Harry shook his head, while his hand continued to rub my back. “Niall got it for you. He said it would help.”

Biting my lip, I took another sip. Knowing that Niall had made another attempt at comforting me made me feel even better.

Harry looked at me again, with his eyes soft. “I’m gonna go find you a snack. Will you be alright until I get back?”

I nodded my head quickly, nearly spilling the cocoa from the cup. He took my nod as his cue to leave, placing a kiss on my forehead as he stood up. “I’ll be right back.”

He moved slowly to the door, and when his hand pressed against the door, the thought hit me.

“Hey, Harry,” I said, looking at him from my cup. “Tell Niall thanks for the cocoa.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, Katie again(:
The boys are just so sweet, right?