Get Your Kicks

Taylor Schmidt

I let out a long yawn the next morning, cracking my back as I sat up. Healy and Brenna were gone, leaving me completely alone in our room.

“Guys?” I said, looking around. I quickly got up, tossing on a tank top and stepping out into the hallway, which was just as empty as my room. “Hello?” I felt like I was in a horror movie as I checked all the rooms, finding all of them empty before I saw Liam sitting on his bed, trying to figure out Niall’s password on his phone. When he saw me he grinned, standing up and wrapping me in a tight hug.

“How’s you ankle?” He asked, smiling.

“Liam, it’s been fine for two days.” I said, smiling at him. “So where is everyone?” Liam shrugged.

“I don’t know, I woke up and everyone was gone.” I chuckled.

“So is this the part where you tell me we’re the last people on Earth and we have to restart the population?” I joked, sitting on his bed as he chuckled.

“I wasn’t planning on it, but if you’re not busy…” He set down Niall’s phone, bouncing his eyebrows at me. I couldn’t help but laugh as he just smiled at me. “Louis said something about making Elle forgive him last night. Maybe they ran away together.”

“I doubt it. Elle’s not a big fan of cheating.” He cocked his head at me and I sighed. “It’s not really my place to talk about.”

“Right, no worries love.” I stopped, smiling at him as he looked at me. “What?”

“Nothing, I’ve just never been called love before.” He chuckled again, looking at me.

“You’ve never met a British gent before then.” He promised. “Or you were mistaken for a lad again.” I busted out laughing, Liam joining in before Niall’s voice broke us apart.

“And ‘ere I went and thought ya two hated each other.” He chuckled, leaning in the doorway. “So do I have to worry about you two snogging while I try to sleep?”

“Very funny spud.” I quipped, sticking my tongue out at him. “Where did you all vanish off to anyway?”

“Louis accidently locked him and Elle on the roof. The others went to go tell the manager but I figured I should make sure you two weren’t shagging.” Liam rolled his eyes as I laughed at the idea.

“We’ve known each other, what, four days?” I asked. “And what if we did, are you jealous?” Niall gave us his best kicked puppy look.

“Liam, I thought what we had was special. Think of the fan girls mate! We have to keep Niam alive!” There was a small moment of silence before the three of us all started laughing together. “Well,” Niall said after he got a hold of his laughter. “I’m going to go make sure Elle doesn’t throw Lou off the roof.” He gave me and Liam a small wink before walking out and Liam blushed lightly.

A sort of awkward silence filled the room before I smiled, nudging him. “You know, with everyone gone it might be the perfect time to pull our super prank.” Liam chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

“Yeah.” He agreed. “I think everyone needs it.” We looked at each other, each giving the other a small nod as we pulled out everything we’d bought from the stores out from under Liam’s bed. I chuckled as we grabbed squirt guns, dry ice, and lots and lots of string. I turned to Liam, smiling.

“Now isn’t this way better than playing Temple Run?” He chuckled nervously, shifting from one foot to the other. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I need to tell you something Tay, but I don’t quite know how to say it.”

“Mr. master of conversation doesn’t know how to say something?” I quipped. “Well, there are these great things called letters, you put them together into words and-”

“Can you stop joking for thirty seconds?” He asked, looking at me. His eyes turned dark and I blushed lightly. He took a deep breath before looking back up at me. “I just got out of a relationship. The girl I was dating we… we’ve been sort of trying to get back together and…” He stopped, running a hand through his hair. “It’s all a bit complicated really.”

I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach as he looked at me, waiting for a reaction. I knew Payne had been starting to grow on me, but I didn’t expect the fact that he wasn’t ready to see someone new, and that his possible girlfriend was trying to get him back, to hit me quite this hard. I just simply nodded, turning back to the objects in the chest and starting to rig Niall’s bed.

“Taylor.” He said.

“What?”

“Are you going to say something?”

“I don’t know what you want me to say.” I said, keeping my yes on Niall’s bed as I felt tears forming in my eyes. It always is so much harder not to cry when people are talking to you about what made you so damn upset in the first place. I pulled back Niall’s sheets, starting to spread the powdered milk over his sheets when I felt a hand on mine. I looked up to see Liam, his eyes boring a hole into my own.

“I want you to say something, anything.” He pleaded. I licked my lips nervously, looking back to him.

“I hope she makes you happy.” Without another word I pulled my hand from his, starting to feel for Elle and Healy as I finished Niall’s bed and moved to the other rooms. As I moved into the room Harry, Louis, and Zayn were sharing I felt my tears spill over onto my face. I wiped them away, but they were quickly replaced by more. Finally I sat on Harry’s bed, needing to get a hold of myself. I should have known Liam wouldn’t tell me he was falling in love with me, or that he was going to break things off with his girlfriend because he thought I was the one or some bullshit. And as I sat there, one thing hurt me more than everything else combined.

When I walked out Liam didn’t even try to stop me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Ashlee again!
Emaleigh had to drop this,
So I will now be writing for Tay!
Comments make us happy by the way
Just saying

oxoxoxox
LS