Get Your Kicks

Darcy Evans

It took a lot of hot cocoa and more than a few hugs from harry, but after a while, I was finally over being upset about what Brenna had said. I was still upset with her, but I was no longer upset myself. I was finally back to laughing on the bed with Harry, while he told me funny stories and played with my hair. There was no better place to be than in a bed with Harry.

Just as Harry finished telling one of his stories, a knock came to the door and both of our heads popped immediately. Harry looked down at me with soft eyes and gave me a small smile.

“Do you want me to get it?” he asked, as he ran a finger through my hair. I bit my lip, totally unsure of myself. Chances were, it could have been one of the boys, but deep down I knew it would be Brenna, and I wasn’t sure if I was ready to see her yet.

“That’s alright,” I said, propping myself up on my elbows. “I’ll get it.”

I hopped off the bed and walked slowly to the door. When my hand hit the doorknob, I hesitated before finally opening it.

Instead of being met with Brenna’s face, as I had expected, Niall stood in front of me, a small smile on his face.

“Harry,” I said, calling back to the bed. “It’s for you.”

Niall shook his head quickly, as he reached out for my hand. “I need both of you.”

Harry had already sat up from the bed and stood behind me, with one of his hands placed comfortably on the small of my back.

“Is something wrong?” Harry asked, and I could feel his breath rolling down my neck as he spoke.
Niall shook his head again. “Nothing. Just need to you show you something is all.”

Harry and I both slipped on our shoes, before following Niall out of the room. I had no clue what he needed to show us, but I was just thankful that there wasn’t another thing going wrong on our trip.

Niall led us down the hallway and through the lobby, before stopping at a small room that was labeled as the conference center. As the motel was quite a small one, I didn’t expect much out of the conference room, so I hadn’t even given a second thought to what would be in it until Niall propped open the door.

The room was small, with only a table and a few chairs. As far as conference rooms went, it wasn’t much, but it was what I found in the center of the room that surprised me.

On the center of the table sat two plates of food with a lit candle in the center. It was like something out of a movie, and I instantly smiled.

“Niall,” I said, as I turned to him with my bright grin. “Did you do this?”

The blonde boy shook his head. “Brenna did. It’s for you and Harry.”

I let out a small laugh, as I chewed my bottom lip. So this was going to be Brenna’s apologetic gesture. I knew she would end up doing something, and I was more than pleased with the outcome. She knew all about my fascination with romantic scenes in movies, and she set up the perfect one for me.

As if he knew what was going to happen all along, Harry grabbed onto my hand and led me to the table. I wanted to go out and thank Brenna for what she had done, but the smile on Niall’s face told me it could wait. He gave me a soft nod, before shutting the door behind him and leaving Harry and I alone.

“Well, this was nice of her,” Harry said, as he pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and smiled while I waited for him to take the seat opposite me. “Does this mean she approves?”

I chuckled. “Approves of what?”

Harry simply grinned at me, while he took a sip from his glass of water. “Of you and I.”

I smiled at him, while taking a drink from my glass. Did Brenna approve of me liking Harry? Probably not. But what she did was a nice gesture, and knowing Brenna, that was hard enough. She was never happy with the boys I chose, and Harry wasn’t about to be the exception.

She was overbearing and a pain more often than not, but she was my best friend, I didn’t expect anything less of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, have Brenna and Darcy finally made up?!