Get Your Kicks

Darcy Evans

My head was lying comfortably against Harry’s chest, as he flipped through the channels on the hotel television. It was well into the night and Zayn still wasn’t back to the room, so Harry and I decided to stay in bed until he got back and kicked me out.

After Harry had flipped through nearly every channel on the television, he let out a sigh and clicked it off, giving up on finding anything good to watch. He dropped the remote to the bedside table and turned onto his side, so he was now facing me with his head against the pillow. It took my head off of his chest, but I was just happy to be eye-to-eye with him.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, a small smile falling to his face.

I knew that he was lying, because we’d spent the entire day walking the streets of Las Vegas together, and I knew that my makeup had probably disappeared and that my hair was a mess. I didn’t look beautiful, but he said it anyway, and I wondered whether he said it because he thought it was true or because he knew it was the right thing to say.

His hand moved up to my cheek and his fingers latched onto a stray piece of Harry, tucking it behind my ear. He simply looked at me, smiling while his eyes met mine.

The truth was I never wanted to leave that bed. I wanted that night to last forever. I wanted to stay with him, under the covers, just staring into his emerald eyes. I wanted to snap a picture and relive that moment for the rest of my life, but I knew it had to end soon. Our vacation was coming to a close and Harry would have to get back to reality.

“Can we just stay here forever?” Harry asked, a small laugh falling from his lips.

Funny, that’s exactly what I was thinking.

I nodded, laughing a little myself, and snuggled my head against his chest. The smell of his spicy cologne filled my nose and I breathed it in, hoping I could engrain the scent into my mind forever.
His hand fell to my hair, pushing my head closer to his body, and he tugged at the strands over and over. I wondered if he knew how much I loved that or if it was just a habit of his. Either way, I wasn’t complaining.

“When do you think Zayn will be back?” I whispered into his chest, my voice almost muffled by his shirt.

I hoped that he would say never, because truthfully I never wanted Zayn to come back. Harry and I both knew that he and Healey had gotten to know each other a little better, as Harry so delicately put it out, so now we had no clue where he was. I assumed he was either out with Healey or wallowing in self-pity, and that was just fine with me, because as long as he wasn’t here, I didn’t have to worry about him. I just wanted it to be me and Harry for as long as possible.

“Knowing him, he might not be back until well into the morning. I’ll bet he’s out with Healey again.”
It wasn’t forever, but it was close enough.

“I hope he’s out all night,” I admitted, nuzzling my cheek further into his chest.

“So do I,” Harry chuckled, as he placed a soft kiss against my forehead.

That was one of the things I loved about Harry. He was just so kind and gentle when he wanted to be. He came off as being loud and overly flirtatious when we were around everyone else, but when it was just us, he was like a teddy bear. Every second I spent with him I could feel myself falling harder.

After a long pause of Harry just running his hands through my hair, I cleared my throat before speaking softly.

“Harry?” I whispered, my lips falling against his t-shirt.

“Yeah?” he responded with his voice sounding like heaven on earth. I was nervous to ask him – so much that my hands were shaking – but he comforted me somehow, and his sweet voice made my throat stop clenching up.

“What happens when we leave?”

“What do you mean?”

I paused, suddenly more nervous that before. The one question was hard enough, but now he was making me clarify. A deep breath filled my lungs, and I forced myself to speak again.

“When we leave Vegas and you go back on tour while I go back home, what happens then?”

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, taking long, deep breaths as if he needed to think. I instantly wanted to slap myself, because how could I be so stupid? Harry didn’t want to think about the future or what would happen when we parted ways. He just wanted a break from the real world and I’d ruined that. I brought real life into what was supposed to be just a happy little vacation and I was sure he would hate me for it. That or I’d just scared him away.

“I don’t know, Darcy. I’ve never –” He paused, taking a deep breath. “I’ve never had anything like this happen to me before.”

I didn’t know what else to say, so I snuggled deeper into his chest, refusing to pull away out of fear of the look in his eyes. “Me neither.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Are Harry and Darcy just the cutest thing ever?
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter(: