Get Your Kicks

Brenna Dawson

After spending a perfect day on the Vegas strip with Niall, browsing around shops and eating every sweet we could get our hands on, the last thing I wanted to do was say goodbye to him. I’d only barely just said hello.

If I was being honest, I wasn’t happy about the fact that I’d turned into that girl. I’d turned into the girl who trusted a boy to make her happy and cared enough to let him hold her when she was sad. I’d always made fun of girls like that, and I’d turned into one of them for the boy with the Irish accent.

“Are you going to come to the show tonight?” Niall asked as we entered the hotel for what would probably be the last time. After this, we were leaving. We all were.

“I don’t think so,” I said, shaking my head. “The girls want to get an early start home. In case we encounter anymore… mishaps.”

Niall chuckled at that, smiling at me as he pressed the button to call the elevator down. “I wish you would. I think you girls would have a lot of fun.”

Truth was, I wished that we would too, but I knew the girls would never go for it. Ellie and Darcy might, but Taylor and Healey probably would have rather stuck a fork in their eyes.

“I’m sure you put on a good show,” I said simply, causing Niall to smile at me. I loved the way he took every little compliment to heart, and it was like he appreciated every single word you said.

When the elevator came down and we hopped on, Niall clicked the button to both of our floors, and I knew that meant we’d have to say goodbye. I really wasn’t ready for it, but I didn’t know when we’d see each other again. I didn’t even know if we’d be friends after this whole big crazy experience.

The elevator stopped with a ding, letting me out at my floor, and I instantly wanted to turn around and go back to the strip with Niall. We both stood still for a moment, neither of us speaking, until the silence got to be too much for me.

“Well, this is my floor,” I said, pressing my lips together when I was done speaking. Next to me, Niall was rocking back and forth on his heels, with his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

“So it is.”

We both paused again, and the elevator gave its warning that it was about to go up, and I knew I had to leave. Taking a deep breath, I took a step forward, my eyes blinking a bit more quickly than I wanted, and stepped out into the hallway.

“I guess I’ll see you around then.”

I turned around to wave goodbye and when I did, Niall took a few quick steps forward, passing through the now closing elevator doors. He stood directly in front of me, his head towering above mine, and looked down at me. His teeth were nibbling at his bottom lip and his eyes looked as though they were struggling to help his mind figure out what to say.

Instead of speaking, Niall leaned slowly forward as his hand moved up to the back of my head. His fingers tangled up in my hair and sent a chill through my body, causing me to fall forward just a bit. It was that little fall that brought us so close together that there was nothing we could do but kiss.

It had been so long since I kissed a boy that I almost forgot how, but Niall’s lips were just so magic that they reminded me of everything I’d forgotten.

He pulled away after a few short moments, looking at me as though he was out of breath, but that was okay because I was too.

Neither of us were able to speak for what felt like forever but was really only seconds, and we just looked at each other.

I didn’t know what to think of our kiss or what to think about Niall in general. The whole thing was frighteningly unknown, and there were just too many variables to ever predict the outcome. That was what I hated about boys. You could never really know what they were going to do or what their true intentions were. You had to have faith, and faith was something I was never good at having.

But, I was going to have to learn, because I didn’t think Niall was someone I’d forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, they finally kissed(:
What did you guys think?!