Get Your Kicks

Healey Austin

It had been half a year since our trip to Vegas, but my life was still changed because of it. Things had never gone back to normal, because there was still so much of that place left inside of us.

Ellie and Louis were still dating, despite the fact that they were miles away from one another nearly all the time. They talked about getting a place together, even though Louis would hardly be there, and he’d bought her a puppy about a month ago to keep her company.

To my astonishment, Darcy and Harry went public with their relationship just a few months after we left the boys. She got a lot mean messages on Twitter and she cried a lot. Harry always tried to comfort her, but it got to be too much and they ended things a couple months after. They still talk, but not nearly as much.

Taylor and Liam remained friends, though not close. She began dating a new guy a while back, by the name of James, and she said she had Liam to thank for that. She told me that he taught her to love again, and that she’d never be able to thank him enough for that.

I think Brenna and Niall were the ones that shocked me most of all. To be honest, I think I saw it coming, but when Brenna showed me the promise ring Niall gave her I think my jaw still dropped.

Then there was me. I hadn’t spoken to Zayn since he’d told me to keep us a secret, and I think he was happy because of it. Brenna told me that he and Perrie were still going strong, but they did fight on occasion. I think most couples do.

There were plenty of times when I thought about outing our affair to the world simply out of spite, but I was sure no one would believe me. After all, I had no proof.

I was still so angry and hurt, and I felt betrayed most of all. I knew that what I did was wrong, but I didn’t care at the time, and it was still hard to care. I felt like everything between Zayn and Perrie was going to end, even though he’d given no reason for me to believe it was going to happen. Sure, he’d told me how unhappy he was, but that didn’t mean he was going to dump her.

Brenna always told me that I had to forgive myself, because it wasn’t all my fault, and that I had to forgive him, but that was easier said than done. I rather liked my place among my friends where I could be the bitter, hateful one. It seemed fitting that I should take Taylor’s place when things had gotten so much better for her.

I focused on my singing and was writing a lot of songs. Nothing much had happened with my career, but I was writing music that I loved again, and that had to count for something. The girls always told me to push myself, and I did. There were times where I’d get so caught up in my music that they wouldn’t hear from me for days.

The five of us were still friends, even though we’d all gone our separate ways, and it turns out all of our fears for the future were meritless. Everything was changed because of that trip to Vegas: our love lives, our dreams, our plans for the future. But, it turns out it was all a change for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, can you believe this story is over?!
It's been a crazy long journey,
and I just want to everyone for sticking through to the end!
I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as we enjoyed writing it (:
xoxo Katie