Get Your Kicks

Darcy Evans

My gaze pulled immediately to the stranger. His voice was soft and low, almost in a sensual dramatic way. He had one of those voices that made it impossible not to focus on every word he said.

When Harry spoke, his tone was accusatory and everyone took note of it.

“Listen, lad,” Harry said, as he took a step forward, putting himself between me and the man. His hand wrapped around my wrist, as he kept me behind him. “As much as I’d love to watch you ride off into the sunset with my girlfriend on your arm, it’s not going to happen. Just hop back into your fancy little mustang and drive away.”

I squeezed his hand with my own, pulling it slightly. “Harry, we need help. Who knows when another car will pass. I’m just going to ride with him into town and we’ll get a mechanic and come back.”

Harry’s eyebrows furrowed, as he let out a long breath. “Darcy, do you realize how stupid that sounds? It’s nightfall. What mechanic is open at night? And if you were really going to get a mechanic out here, why wouldn’t you just the call them?”

Harry had a point, but I couldn’t bring myself to listen to him. We were on vacation. It was supposed to be fun. We were supposed to do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted and I was going to do just that.

“Oh, come on, Harry,” I said, pulling my hand away from his. I took a few steps forward, until I was standing between him and the stranger again. “Let’s live a little.”

Before I could take one final step, so that I was standing directly next to the man, Harry wrapped his hands around my waist, lifting me straight into the air. I thought about squirming around and kicking my legs, but I knew it wouldn’t do much. Harry was holding me so tightly that I couldn’t move away from him. Not that I would want to.

Did I really care about running off with that stranger? Not really. It would be fun, yes, but I could just as much fun staying with my friends and the boys. If only they’d lighten up.

Harry carried me across the road as if I was as light as a feather. Brenna and the other boys stayed back with the stranger, talking about things I could only imagine. Brenna would probably tell him off. I could practically hear her terrified angry yelling already.

When we were fully on the other side of the concrete road, Harry slowly placed me back to the ground. His arms were still around my waist, but my feet were touching the floor. Neither of us moved.

His hands moved from their place at the front of my stomach, sliding slowly until they reached my hips. His fingers dug softly into them and the warmth tingled against my skin. My eyes pressed shut, as I waited for him to make the next move, whatever it may be.

I fully expected him to remove his hands and push me back into the bus to scold me, just like all the others would. I was prepared for it, and I was ready to back up my actions with a series of well thought out reasons, though they would probably be shot down.

When his hand pushed against my right hip, sending me turning in his direction, I was not expecting for him to crash his lips against mine, despite how many clues there had been.

The moment he made the contact, my knees buckled beneath me, causing me to dip against him. His hands wrapped back around my waist, as they pulled me closer. Every muscle in his body was pressed against mine and it all felt so perfect, but his body was nothing compared to his lips.

They were so soft and he tasted so unlike anyone I’d ever kissed before. There was something about the way he moved against me that sent my body racing. He was a pro and I felt it every time his lips brushed against mine. He knew exactly what to do at exactly the right moment, and there was nothing I could do to stop myself from being trapped by him.

I knew at that moment that I would spend the rest of the trip trying to kiss him every chance I could.

The sound of the others approaching pulled him away from me and his audible sigh fell against my ears. He was still just inches away and I wanted to kiss him once more, but before I could, Louis turned the corner and took Harry away from me.

“Let’s get back in the bus and lock the doors. We’re going to sleep in shifts just to be safe.”

I followed behind Harry and Louis, who waited for me to hop in before sliding the door behind me. Everyone was quiet and each of them held their gaze at different places in the bus.

I wasn’t sure if any of the other girls had seen Harry and me together, but I didn’t really care. They could have been watching from inside the bus. It would have been easy.

One thing was certain. If they had been, I would be hearing about it later. It could be praise for kissing the cutest boy on the bus. It could be scolding for being so reckless. Either way, I was going to hear about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie here(:
What is it about Harry that makes me adore him so much??

Paige is up next so it's going to be perfect(: