Sleeping Sun

Kisses & Bruises

My walls are paper thin. I hear the screaming and yelling as if I were standing right in front of them. Picture frames shook violently as something was thrown into the wall. I hear groaning—it’s coming from my mother. I bite down hard on my bottom lip, my hands balling into fists. I lay my head against my bedroom door, wanting to go out and confront my father, but the slight stinging coming from my back tells me to let it be; he will hurt you again—maybe even worse than before.

All went silent, and I then hear my mother’s voice coming down the hall. She’s shouting at my father.

“Leave her alone, John! She hasn’t done anything.”

I lock my door and slip out of my window. I grab onto one of the branches of an oak that stands below my bedroom window, and steady myself as I climb my way down to the ground. Once my feet hit the grass, I started to sprint. It was raining heavily, and my hair and clothes became instantly soaked. My shoes slap against the wet pavement; my jeans became heavy with water, weighing me down. I was a good block from my destination, and until then, I wouldn’t stop running. Though I knew he wouldn’t be behind me, fear seemed to be my adrenaline.

***
It was dark now, the sun had fallen beneath the horizon, and dusk had finally set. The moon was breaking out from behind thick grey clouds, and stars started to prick against the dark night like a million shinning diamonds.
Once the brick house with white wooden shutters came into view, I slowed my pace. I made a sharp right into the backyard, where I found the vine occupied terrace. I put my right foot into one of the diamond shaped holes, and started to climb my way up, careful of not to slip. I gave a light knock on the window, and waited. Soon enough, the maroon curtains were drawn back, and Harry’s face appeared. I smiled sweetly, and was welcomed by warmth when he slid open his window.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, making way for me to come in. Once I was inside, I slipped off my shoes. My socks were drenched too, so those had to come off as well.

“I just needed to see a friendly face, that’s all.” I wasn’t about to tell Harry of my family issues. Not only was it embarrassing, I wasn’t one to favour pitty.

“You’re soaking wet, take off your clothes. I’ll give you a shirt and sweats.” He made his way over to his closet, and I took the time to slip out of my sweater and jeans. I wasn’t shy being half naked in front of Harry, and he wasn’t shy being full nude in front of me. We had become comfortable with each other’s bodies.

“Here.” He said, returning with a pile of clothes. His eyes trailed down the length of my body, and I could have sworn a light red surfaced to his cheeks. I grin, taking the clothes, my eyes not leaving his.

“What’s the matter Harold? It isn’t like you’ve never seen me in my bra and panties before.” He swallowed, and tried to regain composure by flashing his signature smirk.

“Just haven’t seen you soaking wet and naked simultaneously.” He stepped closer, inches away from my face. I felt his body heat warming up my freezing skin. He tilted his head, bringing his lips to my ear.

“I kinda like it.” His finger glided down my arm, raising goose bumps. I shivered, and he smiled. I leaned into him, giving him the okay to touch me more. He didn’t hesitate, and ran his hand down my waist, bringing warmth to where he touched. When he reached my back, and his fingers slid over my shoulder blade, I winced. He furrowed his brows, and stared down at me worriedly.

“What’s wrong?” He inquired. I shake my head, “Nothing.” He touches my shoulder again, and I flinch.
“What is that?” He lightly spun me around so my back was toward him. I screw my eyes closed as he examines the bruise my father had inflicted when throwing me into the front door.

“Temperance, who did this?”

I didn’t want him to know what went on inside the Lane household behind closed doors. If he ever knew my father laid a hand on me, I wouldn’t be sure to what Harry would do. Something I couldn’t stop him from doing. He cared about me, as I him. We looked out for each other; and if anybody jeopardized our health in any way, it would be hell to pay.

“No one, I’m just a klutz, remember? I slipped in the kitchen and the counter caught my fall. Can we just drop it?”
I knew Harry didn’t fully believe my story. But I was clumsy, and fell often. That part was honest.

“Shall we just go to bed then?” He asks, smiling slightly, his hand never leaving my waist. I nodded, taking his hand and pulling him over to his bed. He slips off his shirt and pants, and pulls down the comforter and sheets. He gets in first, and I follow suit next. His arms find their way to snake around me and pull me closer. He lays his head atop of mine.
I reach out and turn the lamp off; now the only light in the room was coming from his alarm clock that sat on his night stand. I twist around so I was facing him, staring at his profile in the darkness. I knew he was staring at me. I lean up and place my lips to his chin. I felt him smile.

“Harry, I’m freezing.” I proclaim, totally forgetting about changing into Harry’s clothes. My bra and underwear were still wet, and clung to my body, keeping it cold.

“Put on my clothes,” He says. I frowned. “I’m too lazy and these under garments are still wet.” I whine. He chuckles. “Then take them off…”

I pondered if I should. I haven’t been completely naked with Harry since the first time we had sex, which was in Primary school. I was too lazy to get up and search for the dry clothes in the dark, and it wouldn’t hurt that I was nude in bed with my best friend. Making my decision, I unclasp my bra and toss it on the floor, along with my underwear. I suddenly felt warmer. I snuggled up to Harry and I felt him tense up.

“I didn’t think you’d actually do it,” He admits, sounding a bit uneasy.

“My, my, you are talk and no game Harold Edward Styles.” He made a gag noise at his full name haven been stated.

“Whatever, I have game.” He says, crossing his arms. I smile then. A devilish antic crept up in my head, giving me an evil idea. I lay on my side, propping my head on one arm. I took my free hand and glided it down his chest. My fingers make ripples over the muscle that lay under his warm flesh. He shivers at my touch, and uncrosses his arms. My fingers stop at the hem of his boxers. I placed one finger under it, pulling it up, then releasing it. It slaps Harry’s stomach, and he winces.

“I can’t believe you still have these on.” I say in disbelief. He clears his throat. “I didn’t want to scare you with my huge trouser snake.”
If it was under any situation other than this, that comment would have been laced with confidence. Instead, it was flat, and unsure. I was definitely making Harry uneasy. We hadn’t been this intimate with each other in a while. And it showed in his lack of confident, cocky air.

“It never scared me before,” is all I say. I inched closer to Harry, and every muscle in his body went rigid. I reach my head up to meet his, feeling his eyes watch my every move. My mouth met his, and he didn’t waste much time reacting. He had one hand behind my head, keeping it in place, while the other roamed my body. I felt like I was floating in mid air. I never thought being this way with Harry would feel this good. Maybe it was the fact that our first time together was sloppy and scary. And we’ve had more experience since then. But I wasn’t about to knock the fact that this boy was making me feel on top of the world.

Harry’s tongue glided over my bottom lip, and I tug at his boxer’s hem once more.

“Take them off,” His eyes meet mine, and even in the dark his cerulean eyes were bright.

“I want you.” He pants, kicking them off and getting atop of me. I shivered, and closed my eyes.

I want you too
♠ ♠ ♠
Would love some feedback! xo