Status: Active

When Night Breaks

Samantha: Saved By A Monster

After he left, I stood in my place completely still. It was almost as if I was in shock, unable to move. My brain was telling my legs to walk to the bed, but my limbs didn’t listen. When I finally got myself to the bed to sit, I collapsed. My knees couldn’t withstand the weight of my body, and I took a seat. I then realized that I was shaking and my breathing had become rapid. I wanted to cry but I wasn’t sure why. I had told him that I wasn’t afraid of him, but I then came to conclude that I had lied. In a sense though, I wasn’t scared of him. I honestly didn’t feel as though he would harm him. I think I was just afraid of the situation as a whole. I had just been attacked by a guy I thought I knew, and then saved by someone or something I didn’t.

A question then dawned on me: Where was Ian? This question then placed me into an even deeper panic. What if he came here? What if he came to my house to get revenge? What had this man or thing done to him? I couldn’t remember anything, and the massive headache I had made the things I did remember foggy. I remember everything up to Ian parking the car and trying to touch me. After I got out of the car and he hit me, things go black except for seeing the man for just a split second. Next thing I know I’m waking up with this thing at my bedside.

I called him a thing because he wasn’t human. I had seen him just briefly the night in the parking lot, so I didn’t get a great look at the details of his appearance. But it was that night when he turned from the corner of my room that I seen him in his entirety. His eyes were completely white except for the black pupil in the middle. He had a scar that ran from above his left eyebrow to slightly into his cheek. The strange thing was, it appeared the scratch was inside his eye as well. On the pure white, I could see the slashed mark. If that wasn’t strange enough, his teeth also weren’t human. The only odd ones were two, and they appeared dog like. His canine teeth were longer and sharper than a normal human’s should be, but not like a vampire’s. He was neither extremely cold nor hot when I touched his arm, so I knew he wasn’t another Edward or Jacob from Twilight. But when I seen his hands, I knew he was capable of physical harm to someone. He was extremely muscular and I knew he was strong. His arms were huge and so were his hands, which appeared to be almost claw-like. It wasn’t like a dog, or any animal I had ever seen. They just looked huge and dangerous with sharp claws that could do damage.

For hours, I sat on my bed and contemplated the events of that night. So much had happened in such a short period of time, and I was left with no answers as to why or how, or even who for that matter. This thing/man clearly knew where my apartment building was, including which one was mine and which window led to my bedroom. That fact frightened me a great deal, but I was also thankful he did. Why had he saved me? He was able to stop Ian, pick me up, bring me all the way across town, and put me into my bed.

As creepy as the details to that story were, he still saved my life. I could and would have been probably raped and possibly killed. He told me that Ian had been my stalker all along. And his response as to why he never told me was quite clever. As more thoughts came pouring into my mind, it left me with nothing but more questions. None of which I had any answers to. The only thing I knew for certain was that this thing had rescued me.

I seen what he looked like, and how strong and deadly he appeared to be. I knew he was probably capable of killing someone in an instant. So why hadn’t he harmed me? I needed to find him and have my questions answered. I wanted to just let it go and chalk it all up to my imagination. But I knew it was all real when I seen his eyes. I knew by the way he looked at me, that I was looking at some sort of rescuer. But how could a rescuer, a savior almost, look so much like a monster?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my dear friend Dakota for the suggestions made on Jay's appearance!