Status: Active

When Night Breaks

Jay: The Encounter

She had spotted me. She knew I was following her, and she had seen me. I knew Leo wouldn't be happy with the fact that another human had seen me, especially at night.

It was an accident that I was behind her that night. But it was a good thing. As she walked to her car, I saw the man on his porch staring at her. His house was one of five on that street, and her car was just yards from his front lawn. I seen the way he looked at her, and I could almost hear the thoughts he had. It triggered the reaction inside me to protect her. He would have taken her that night, but I was staying just close enough behind her to keep him away. I suppose he felt threatened by me and the fact that he wouldn't be able to take her with a witness watching.

She wasn't supposed to see me. I let my guard down, and I was too close. I hadn't planned an escape route for after she was safe in her car. And I had no idea she would get out to confront me.
It may have been the street lights or the way the moon was hitting her face, but when I looked at her, I saw her beauty. That's why I didn't run away like I should have. I could have made it out in time without her seeing my face, but I just stood there. It was like all of time and gravity was holding me there. I couldn't help but stare at her. I was drawn to her, and I felt her presence pulling me in. But it was the look she gave when she seen my face and my eyes that snapped me back into reality and realize I had to run away. As badly as I wanted to stay and simply look at her, I knew by that frightened look upon that beautiful face that I had revealed too much, and I had to get away.