Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 12

Sitting in Ericka's room, doing absolutely nothing became somewhat of a routine for us. It wasn't much, but we all agreed it was a whole lot better than being in our own homes.

"I'm booored!" I complained, throwing my head back.

"Yes, Vienna." Ericka said, cuddling into Mike. "That's the umm.. Lets see, millionth time you've informed us of your unamusement."

I stuck my tongue out at her and leaned against Jaime.

Amber sat up after a few more moments of silence. "Let's fucking do something, losers!" She declared, making us all chuckle at her sudden outburst.

"Like what?" Tony asked.

She just shrugged. "I don't know, but what I do know is that we need to get out of this house. No offence, Ericka."

"None taken." Ericka said simply. "But she's right. All we've done this past week is sit in my room or go to the Fuentes house. We need to get the fuck out of here, like, right now." Ericka stood up, pulling Mike up to his feet.

We all followed, heading downstairs. One by one, exciting the house. I grabbed my board and everyone stood in a circle in front of Ericka's house.

"So..." Jaime started. "Where to?" He asked. Everyone just mumbled. I mean, seriously? We lived in San Diego. There should be something the 7 of us could do!

That's right. We were all broke.

"Fuck this man. Lets go to the damn beach!" I said, seeing as how her house was just a few minutes from Silverstrand beach. "Everyone has bathing suits on anyways."

We all looked at each other, nodding and mumbling 'why not's'.

"Alright! Let's go!" Amber said dramatically, grabbing Tony's hand and taking the lead.

I dropped my board down and hopped on top of it, going at an extremely slow pace since I didn't want to go ahead of the gang.

"Too cool to walk with your boyfriend?" I turned to see Jaime with a playful smile on his adorable face.

"Oh, yeah." I replied, sarcastically. "Walking with your boyfriend is sooo lame." I kicked back on my board a bit.

I looked a bit beyond Jaime, to see Vic walking alone with an earbud in. He hadn't been that talkative these past few days. In fact he's barely uttered a word to me since our little..uh..encounter in his pool.

I stopped my board and held it out to Jaime. "Hey, I'm gonna go see what's up with Vic. Hold my board for me?" He nodded and took it right away, going to playfully smack Tony in the back of his head with it. I giggled at that, then went over to Vic.

"Hey, what's up your ass Fuentes?" I asked jokingly of course.

"Funny." He smiled sarcastically at me. "Go make out with Jaime or somethin."

I stopped in front of him, playing a hand on his chest so he'd stop and talk to me. He rolled his eyes at me, giving me a 'what do you want?' sort of look. "Seriously man. What the hell's up your ass?"

"Ladies shouldn't take like that." He said

"I've been around long enough. You should know by now that I really don't give a shit. And don't change the subject. What's wrong, Vic?" I asked sincerely.

"Vienna...just go away." He said bluntly.

"What the hell did I do now Vic?"

"We're not friends Vienna. Just because we hung out by ourselves a couple of times and because we have the same group of friends, doesn't mean that we are. I don't want to talk to you Vienna, so just leave." He said down at me.

I shook my head. "Of course you don't want to talk to me. You're you, after all."

I walked away from him back to Jaime. "Jaime, I need to go home. I'm not feeling too good." I told him as his smile vanished.

He stepped in front of me, grabbing my face in his hands, examining me. "Why? What's making you not feel good?" He asked, concerned.

I shrugged. "I just don't feel good. I'm gonna walk home."

"I'll go with you." He said.

"If you want. But you can stay and hang out. I'm a big girl." I smiled at him reassuringly.

"You sure, babe?" He asked, sticking out his bottom lip.

I giggled. "You're so adorable. But yeah, I'm sure. I can take care of myself."

He nodded and leaned down to kiss me. After, he just rested his forehead on mine, looking down at me. "Feel better okay hun?"

I smiled slightly and nodded. "I'll do my best." I gave him a small peck on the lips again before skating in the opposite direction.

I didn't go home though. I just wanted to away from the dick-head, Vic. I felt bad that it meant not being around Jaime, but oh well.

I just skated and skated. I eventually ended up in Vic and Mikes neighbourhood which meant I wasn't too far from my side of the town.

I started skating down Vic's street, thinking if whether to go home or head to the small record store near by.

"Hey!" A familiar voice said, I turned to see Alex. "Nice seeing you in some dry clothes." He half smiled.

I skated over to him as kicked my board up when I was close enough. "Hey, Alex." I smiled at him.

"What's up, man?"

I shrugged. "Just you know...bored?.. I don't know. I was hanging out with my boyfriend and friends but this asshole in the group just made me want to leave. And I have no idea why I'm telling you all this. You probably don't want to hear it." I said laughing.

He chuckled. "What do ya mean? I asked you what was up and you told me." He said. "But, uh, wanna hang out with me for a bit then? I don't have anything to do."

I shrugged again. "Eh, why not?"

Alex led me inside his house. I set my board on the porch and followed Alex into his bedroom.

I sat on his bed and he sat at his desk chair.

"So.." He began. "What exactly did this ass do to make you want to leave?" He asked.

"Well, he's just been a complete fuckin tool to me since I moved here and I have no idea why. I know I should just tell my boyfriend but that's his best friend and I just don't know." I finished ranting. "Anyway, what about you? You got yourself a girl?" I asked, making myself a bit more comfortable on his bed.

He nodded his head with a smile but then frowned a bit. "Yeah I do. Her names Ashley. But she lives back in my home town so that gets to be a bit of an issue."

I nodded, indicating that I understood. "Well, you love her right?" I asked and he nodded in response with a big grin. "Ten it'll work out. Love overcomes everything right?"

"Yeah. I guess you're right." He said. "Well, you in love with your boy?"

I was kinda taken a back from the question. I hadn't really thought about it before. I mean I knew I had strong feelings for him, but love? That was quite a scary thought.

"I don't know." I replied, truthfully. "I care about him so much, an I do love him, just not sure if I'm in love with him. Make any sense?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah, it does."

I smiled and stood up, walking over to his CD rack. I nodded and grinned in approval.

"You have a sick taste in music." I informed him, popping in one of the CD's.

He chuckled. "Thanks dude."

I went back and layed down on his bed. The rest of that afternoon was spent with Alex. It felt nice to actually have someone knew to talk to here. I mean, I loved my group of friends, but I enjoyed having someone that wasn't apart of the group to be with.

I left his house about six in the evening and skated back to Ericka's. I called Angie first though, so my dad wouldn't flip out.

"Hey, where'd you go to?" Amber asked once they let me in. "You totally just disappeared."

"Yeah, sorry." I apologized. "Vic was just really pissing me off."

"Really?" Ericka asked and I nodded. "He's barely talked like all day."

I nodded again. "I know! So I went over to ask him what was bothering him and he just freaked the fuck out on me." I explained. "It's whatever though. If he wants to be a dick then he can do as he pleases."

(2 days later)

I was with Jaime in his room. I picked up an old picture he had on his desk and smiled at how cute he was. It was a picture of him and Vic.

I felt an arm snake around my waist. Of course I knew it was Jaime though.

He turned me around to face him. "You know what tomorrow is right?" He asked.

"Your birthday?" I guessed, completely unsure. I honestly had no clue as to what he was talking about.

"No silly." He chuckled. "It's our one month anniversary!" He exclaimed. "Did you forget?" He eyed me suspiciously. I cursed in my head.

"Of course not!" I said trying to be convincing. He still eyed me. "Fine. I forgot. But I'm still quite new at this whole relationship thing." I tried to defend myself. He just looked at me so I kissed him again. "Besides, I can't keep track of every single amazingly perfect day with you, babe."

He finally smiled. "Nice save, baby. I got you a little gift. And since you know, I'm being forced to go to TJ again tomorrow with my folks, I'm giving it to you now."

"What? You didn't have to get me anything. I didn't get you something. No, babe just keep it until I can get you something at least!" I said in all one quick breath.

Jaime shook his head. "Nonsense. I already have you as the best present ever." He went over to grab something underneath his pillow and hid it behind his back. "Turn around." He ordered and I did as told.

I felt something cold hit just about my chest. I turned to face Jaime and reached down to touch whatever he had put on my neck. I looked to see a silver neck less with the prettiest heart pendant attached to it.

I smiled and jumped into his arms, kissing him. "I love it!" I said kissing him again. "I love it so much!"

He kissed me back. "Well, I love you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
:D enjoy lovely people! :D