Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 14

The next morning, I woke up in a weird position on my bed. I continued to lay there for a few minutes, blinking so my eyes could adjust to the light, that was peeking through my blinds.

I thought about the events of last night. I remembered everything which was odd because that never occurred.

Someone knocked on my door, but didn't wait for an answer to enter. It was Angie though, so I didn't care. She came over and sat at the edge of my bed.

I sat properly. "Morning." My voice was very hoarse from crying last night. "About last night..I was.."

"Drunk. I know sweetie. But don't worry, I didn't and won't tell your dad." She smiled at me kindly.

I sighed with relief. "Thank you Angie. I really owe you one."

She chuckled with a small nod. "Are you going to explain why you were so upset last night?" She asked hopefully.

I moved some hair out of my face and rubbed my eyes, nodding. "I...I kissed..Vic." I told her, a rush of guilt filling my stomach. And the fact knowing it was mine and Jaime's one month anniversary wasn't helping much either.

"But..." Angie started, crossing her legs on my bed. "What about Jaime?" She asked. I could tell by her voice and expression that she actually cared. Which was sort of an uneasy feeling. Mostly because I never talked to my mom about anything.

I let out a slow, sarcastic laugh. "That's the thing! Jaime! I mean, Vic is one of Jaime's best friends and I just go out and kiss him!"

Angie put a comforting arm on my shoulder and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I mean.. Is there something not right with you and Jaime's relationship?" She asked.

I shook my head right away, but then actually thought about it all and nodded slightly. "He told me he loved me..as in 'in love' with me. And I said it back when I didn't actually mean it." Angie flashed me a disapproving look. "I know, I know. But what was I supposed to say to that? I mean, i do love him, I'm just not in love with him. But I know I'm starting to... I can feel it."

"Want my advice?" She asked and I nodded right away. "Forget about it. The kiss I mean. You were drunk and your head wasn't in the right place. Forget it even happened. BUT, I do think you should talk to Vic about it. Tell him you didn't mean for it to happen."

I shook my head. "I can't. I really can't. But you are right, in just going to pretend it never happened." I decided.

She smiled at me sweetly and stood up, planting a kiss on my forehead. "Go out with your girlfriends today. Get your mind off things, okay?"

I nodded. "Thanks." I said and she started walking out of the room. "Angie..?" I called to her and she looked back. "Love you." I told her.

A wide grin appeared on her petite face. "Love you too, dear." And with that she left the room.

I threw the sheets off of me and walked to my mirror. I cringed at the girl looking back at me. I looked terrible. My hair was sticking up in various places and I had obviously failed to remove my make-up. My cheeks were stained with mascara, and I was still in the same clothes from last night as well.

I groaned and walked out in the hallway, grabbing a towel so I could shower. The warm water felt amazing as it went down my body. The knots in my back vanished as my shower came to an end.

I slipped on a bra and panties, using my towel to dry my hair as I walked to my room. My door was locked, so I was free to walk around half naked.

I sat down in my bed and fell back into my comforter. My feet were dangling off the edge and my wet hair was everywhere. I looked up at the ceiling as I thought.

What would happen when I was to go back to Arizona? I j ow I have great friends and an amazing boyfriend here, but I couldn't stay here still. I just couldn't. In the end though, would me and Jaime break up, and forget each other completely? Would Jaime get a new girlfriend or would I go back to Liam?

And why did I kiss Vic? I hated him... Or at least I thought I did. I was just so sure if it. What could've possible changed my mind all of a sudden? He was just being so sweet, and real with me. From what I've gathered from Mike and the others, that wasn't so easy for him to do since Cara.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by my phone ringing. I sat up immediately and answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the device.

"Good morning, beautiful." The voice I recognized to be Jaime's. I smiled at his greeting and layed my head back down.

"Hey." I said. "Watcha doing?"

"Just hanging around." He told me and I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see. "I needed to hear your voice so I called."

I giggled a bit. "Well, thus very sweet of you." I told him. "Oh, and happy one month."

He chuckled. "You too babe. But hey, my mom just got back and needs some help with the groceries, so I'll call you tonight?"

"Yeah, for sure." I said.

"Good." He said. "Happy anniversary, Vienna. I love you."

Shit. "Happy anniversary. I..I love you too." I said and hung up before he could respond.

It was just so damn hard for me to say it to him. Well, for me to say it to virtually anyone, actually. I'd gotten too used to Liam's lack of affection that I guess I sort of expected it. For someone not to love me, an care about me. I know that sounded like in totally fucked in the head, but its just the way I turned out.

I opened my closet, slipping in a random pair of tights, black cut off shorts, and a black and red flannel shirt.

I went over and sat back down on my bed, picking up my phone and decided to call Vic.

It rang twice before it went to voicemail, which obviously meant he ignored my call. I called him three more times before getting completely frustrated and giving up on my phone. I went and grabbed my vans, slipping them on carelessly.

Heading out the front door with my board in my hand, I started skating down the street as fast as possible. I didn't care that my hair was still partially wet and would dry wavy. I didn't care that my shoes were untied and that I had no make-up on. I just know I needed to see Vic.

I came to a halt in front of Vic's house. His parents and Mike's cars were gone, but his was there so that was a good sign. I looked up, almost breathless and walked to the front door, leaving my board on the front lawn.

I doorbelled vigorously until he answered.

"For fuck sakes, Vienna! I was sleeping!" He said, irritated.

I rolled my eyes at him, pushing past him and into the front living room.

"Oh, sure! Just waltz on in!" Vic shut the door and looked at me, reluctantly.

"Why were you ignoring my calls?" I asked him, not hiding the obvious annoyance in my tone of voice.

He shrugged and I scoffed. "I told you that I was sleeping." He answered simply.

"Fucking hell, Vic! We clearly need to talk!" I raised my voice at him.

"About what?" He kept his voice calm, but I could tell he was just as heated as me.

"You know what about! I just... I don't get it Vic." My voice had lowered by the end of my sentence and I was just standing there, my hands in my pockets.

"What don't you understand?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Everything. Why can't we be...normal. Like.." I trailed off, not knowing exactly what I wanted to say, or how to word it.

"Like what, Vienna?!" This time his voice grew louder and he definitely didn't hide the anger in his tone.

"Like why can't we just be friends? Why do we have to hate each other one minute, then want to kiss each other the next! I...I just want us to be friends, Vic." I told him, looking down at my shoes.

"We can't be just friends, Vienna." He said quietly.

I looked up at him, teary eyed.

"Hey, are you crying?" He asked, fully concerned.

I eagerly wiped away the stray of tears, and shook my head, walking over and opening the front door.

Vic walked up, close behind me, shutting the door slowly. I finally turned around, my back against the door. Vic had his arms at either side of my head, preventing me from walking away. I wiped away a few other tears and looked away from his gaze.

"Don't..don't cry, Vienna." He said in a soft, comforting voice, moving a strand of hair from my face.

"Just let me go home then, Vic." I said, still not looking at him.

He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "Hey. Friends, okay?"

"You mean it?" I asked him, hopefully and he nodded with a slight smile.

"Yeah, really. No bullshit. No hate. Just friends. But promise me something okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. What is it?"

"No more crying. K? I don't know how to deal with upset girls." He chuckled jokingly, making me laugh.

"Okay. No more crying. I promise." I said.

He held out his hand. "Pinky promise?" He asked with raise eyebrows.

I laughed again slightly, linking my pinky with his. "Pinky promise." I said, sealing the deal.

"Good. Uh..so what are you up to today?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I think I'm headed to Ericka's. Wanna come with? I bet your brothers there with Tony."

Vic nodded. "Which means so is Amber."

"Precisely." I flipped some hair out of my face. "Anyway, you gonna come?"

"Sure. Just let me quickly shower. I'll take ten minutes." He said.

I just jammed to some music when he was getting ready. After he came back, we walked out of his house. Vic locked the door behind him and I went over to grab my skateboard.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded, skating down his driveway. The sound of wheels going down the pavement was familiar behind me. I turned around to see Vic riding on a gorgeous longboard.

I skidded to a hault and spun around. "You skate?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, I don't do all those cool tricks like you, but I know how to stand on it at least." He chuckled

"Oh, well it's nice to know I'm not the only skater here." I stated swirving around the street while Vic skated in a straight line.

"Hey, are you hungry?" Vic asked out of the blue.

I turned around and giggled at him. "Uhh, kinda?" I said, not so sure as what he wanted me to say. "But I usually just raid Ericka's fridge with Mike since his ass is always eating."

Vic laughed. "Yeah, he is. But, uh.. We should go get something to eat."

"Hmm." I thought about it. "Where though?"

"I dont know." He shrugged. "There's this little diner next to the Guitar Center a couple blocks away." He stated.

"Yeah? What's up at Guitar Center though?" I asked, curious

"What else?" He laughed. "I have to go pick up my new acoustic I ordered. Gorgeous Fender." He gushed.

I giggled at this. "I didn't even know you played. Which way am I headed then?"

"Take your left." He said, so I did. "But yeah, my dad taught me how when I was younger and he taught Mike almost everything he knows on the sticks." He told me.

"You come from a family of music." I smiled.

He nodded. "Guess so. What about you? Do you play anything?"

"Bass and a little keys." I told him. "Guitars always seemed complicated to me." I shrugged.

"I could show you a few songs I wrote. They're quite simple to learn."

"I didn't know you wrote your own songs too." I let out a small laugh. "See what we learn about each other when your not calling me a bitch?" I joked.

Vic skated up to me and nudged me softly. "Yeah, yeah." He laughed. "You don't have to worry about that now, Vienna."

I nodded. "I know. Oh, I see the Guitar Center." I pointed. I started skating faster. "Race you!" I kicked my foot up and pushed hard against the pavement, getting at a good speed.

"Hey! Not fair!" I heard Vic holler, which made me giggle.

I, of course, won the race. I guess Vic gave up on his board because he came running up to me, breathing hard as he placed his hands on his knees.

"You fucking suck, man." He shook his head at me with a grin, pushing me lightly as he entered Guitar Center.

I walked in behind him, following him straight to the back into the acoustic section of the store.

"Vic, my man!" The guy behind the counter said, bending down to grab a guitar case, then placing it on the glass counter. "Got it right here. It's pretty fuckin beautiful if you ask me."

Vic ran over, excitedly, and opened the case, taking out the nicest guitar I'd ever seen. He slung the strap over him and started tuning it by ear.

I started looking around the area for a few minutes, studying the guitars, letting my hands feel the shiny wood on each one.

"Vienna! Come here!" I heard Vic call, so I skipped over to him. "Listen." He said as he strummed the guitar. The notes sounded so nice played all at once. "Pretty great, right?" He asked happily.

I giggled at him. "It's sounds amazing, Vic." I assured him with a smile. He smiled back at me as he continued to play a few notes perfectly. "Play me something." I said sitting on the other stool by Vic.

"Play you something?" He asked, looking up, as I nodded. "Like what?"

"Anything. What about one of those songs you wrote?" I suggested.

He looked up for a second in thought. "Got it." He smiled, shyly. "I actually just finished this one last night. I uh.. I named this song Kissing In Cars." He announced as he strummed the guitar.

He strummed the last chord in the intro and he looked up to me as he sang. "As we wake up in your room, your face is the first thing I see. The first time I've seen love, and the last I'll ever need. You remind her, that the future would be nothing without her..." (Listen to Kissing In Cars if you haven't yet)

As soon as he started singing the lyrics, the first line made me think of the first night we'd spent together in his room. When he continued with the music, I just couldn't help but think of us. No way would Vic Fuentes have written a song about us. I pushed these stupid thoughts to the back of my mind and just listened to his voice.

He was just so amazing. There were no words quite great enough to describe its brilliance. It was low and smooth, until he reached the chorus of the beautiful song. He reached his falsetto range and I swear my jaw dropped. It was perfect. The music, the lyrics...everything.

"So...how was I?" Vic asked, snapping me out of my amazement.

I shook my head and blinked a few times. "You never told me you could sing like that!" I said in awe. "That...that was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard, Vic."

He chucked, his cheeks turning a shade of red. "Awh, well thank you. I'm flattered." He smile sweetly at me and stood up, placing the guitar back in its case. "Thanks, Ryan!" He called out to the guy who was working the counter. "I'm gonna be playing this beauty all night without a doubt."

Vic and I walked out of the store. "Are you sure I sounded fine? Or are you just saying that?" He asked me.

"Vic, you are so fucking talented. That just blew my mind. And your voice is the definition of perfect." I reassured. "Trust me, I'd tell you if you sucked."

Vic laughed at me. "We'll, thanks again. So, we eating now?" He asked.

"Let's go."

During the time we spent in the diner, eating, we talked about music the whole time. Sharing our love and passion for it. I didn't bother to ask what the song he sang for me was about or who it was about. I wasn't ready for a conversation about it. Besides, it couldn't possibly be about me and him. No matter how much the song reminded me of the events that had passed between us so far.

When we left the diner, on our way to Ericka's, my phone started to ring. Vic motioned for me to answer it, so I did.

"Hello?" I said to the person.

"Who's this?" An unfamiliar female voice asked me.

I looked at the phone screen, confused because it indicated that it was Jaime's number. "Um, Vienna... And who would this be calling from jaimes number?" I stopped in the middle of the side walk, crossing my arms.

"How do you know Jaime?" The girl asked, annoying me by this point.

"I would be Jaime's girlfriend."

"Uh, no no no." The girl responded. "I'm Jaime's girlfriend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long, I've had work & school shit! Don't worry the story will be updated again in the next couple of days! I swear! Keep reading, commenting l, and recomemding!