Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 22

"Hey baby." She replied, that smile still on her face.

"What...What are you doing here?" I asked, still in shock.

"Vienna..I have some news and you have a decision to make." She said. Her, my dad and my step-moms eyes on me. I just continued to look at my mom.

"Okay...?" They didn't continue with the news. "Are you going to tell me or..?" I asked, impatiently.

"Why don't you sit down for this hun?" My mom asked, still dragging this out.

"Why don't you just get to the point?" I asked with a dry laugh.

The three of them looked at each other, then my mom hesitantly said, "Vienna...I'm moving..to Long Beach in LA. And I want to know if you wanted to come with me..or stay and live with Angie and your dad."

My eyes widened at the news she dropped on me. I just stood there blinking for awhile, not know exactly what to say.

"Vienna, the choice is completely up to you, and whatever you want, we'll be fine with. It's your decision." Angie said, my dad nodding at her side.

"Uh.." I started, not being able to give a straight answer. "Can...Can I have a night to think about this?" I asked, not wanting or being able to give a straight answer.

"Of course. We'd be leaving in about two weeks."

"Kay." I said and ran back up to my bedroom, not wanting to be around my family right now, so I could think about what I should do.

So I hopped in the shower so I could think more of it.

If I stayed in San Diego, then that means I could be with Alex, no long distance required. We wouldn't have to go through all that trouble of going back and forth from separate towns. It could all work out. But then again...what if things don't work out between us?

And then there's Vic. Vic Fuentes. I don't know if I can stay here with him around without wanting to attack him with my lips again. Maybe I do have fee-

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my bathroom door. I was done in the shower, so I went to answer it with a towel to cover my dripping body.

Alex was the one standing on the other side of the door.

"Alex." I said, taking a step back.

"Hey." He said simply with a slight look of guilt on his face.

I walked around him and sat on my bed, motioning for him to take a seat next to me. "So... What are you doing here?" I asked, already knowing what he wanted to talk about.

"Look, Vienna..about last night.." He started, collecting all his thoughts together. "I'm so sorry. I was wrong." He stopped there, grabbing hold of my hand from my lap.

"Go on." I pursued.

"You were right. If you wanted to be with Vic, you wouldn't still be with me. I should just trust that, and trust you. I know you don't have feelings for Vic." He said, smiling.

I didn't return the smile though. I just sat there, looking down at our hands. "Alex...we.. We should talk about that." I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed, knowing what I was about to say next. "You do have feeling for him..don't you?" He asked, looking at a wall.

"I can't give you a straight answer to that, Alex. I don't think it's fair for you, and for our relationship if I even thought for a minute that I have feelings for someone else." I said all in one breath. I felt terrible saying these words to him, but I know it had to be done.

"So, where does this leave us?" He asked after taking in what I just said to him.

"I think it best if you just go to Paris for the weeding. Without me. I need some time alone. To think about all this before I hurt you or Vic anymore." I said, trying to look in his eyes, but he just continued to look at the wall, so I put my hand on the side of cheek making him look at me. "Alex, I do care about you. I just need to think about this."

He finally nodded, his eyes sad. He gave me a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be waiting for you Vienna." He said, and with that he exited my room, leaving me with my clustered thoughts.

This was the right thing to do.

At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give me more feedback on this! Tell me what you want to happen next & I might incorporate it into the next couple chapters. It would really help a lot! (: thanks for reading! <3