Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 3

She couldn't be serious. She just couldn't. I mean, I've fucked up before, why is she just now deciding to send me away? Especially right when summer vacation just started!

Maybe, just maybe, she was playing with me. Telling me all this just to scare me and then at the very last minute, she'll tell me it was all a big joke. I was praying that was the case. How is she expecting me to live in San Diego when summer just started, not know anyone! I barely even enjoyed being there for Christmas vacation.

Especially with Angie, my dads wife, trying to be my best friend every chance she got, constantly asking me to go shopping for shit I didn't even want. She was just too damn bubbly and Barbie-like for me to handle for more than a few hours.

Sunday. Today's the day I'm supposedly leaving. My bags are completely packed and I'm sitting in moms old beat up Toyota. Could she seriously hate me so much that she'll send me away?

"I'm bit joking, Vienna. You're actually going. If your father thinks you've changed your behaviour, then maybe you can come back at the end of the summer." My mom said, looking at me from the rear-view mirror.

"Sure, mom." I replied, simply. Looking away from her gaze and crossing my arms over my chest. I was so sure she wouldn't actually make me go. That is until she pulled out a piece of paper, with big letters at the top that wrote "Southwest Airlines." Could you fake an airline ticket? I highly doubted it.

I slumped down into my seat, inwardly groaning and popping me earphones into my ears.

The plane ride was pretty short, maybe only a couple of hours from Phoenix to the San Diego Airport. I stood from the seat, then went to grab my bags and exited quickly.

I didn't even know who was picking me up, dad or Angie? And of course I was all alone.

I found the doors to my right, so I grabbed my stuff and headed towards them. I decided to keep my head down so I wouldn't look completely lost. That is until I bumped into something. No, someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and... yeah, sorry." I said in all one breath, looking up to the victim of my clumsiness. He was tall, his hair had a streak of blonde in the black and was spiked in a way I really liked.

He chuckled, "Hey, no worries." He also had huge dimples when he smiled. Dimples were my weakness. "Uh.. I'm Jaime," he extended his left hand. "What's your name? Don't think I've seen you around before."

I looked down at his hand for a moment then shook it. "That's probably cause I just moved here for the summer." I didn't want to tell people I was here permanently because as much as I could help it, I would be gone long before school started. "I'm Vienna. Nice to meet you Jaime."

"You too. You lost or something?" He asked. I shook my head no, and he nodded. "Well, I'd say see you around, but honestly, San Diego is huge. But, uh, it was very nice meeting you." He smiled one last time before striding away in the opposite direction.

"Vienna!!" A familiar squeaky voice echoed through-out the airport. I shut my eyes, hoping this was all a dream, until I was engulfed from behind by two scrawny arms.

I turned around, putting on my best fake smile. "Hey, Angie! How's the real life blonde Barbie?"

She giggled and hugged me again. " I'm great!" she said, a little too happy. "Let's get you home, your dads really anxious to see you!" She squealed and pretty much dragged me out of the airport.