Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 8

The rest of the week was pretty boring, except for when I got to see Jaime and the gang. Mike and Ericka finally made it official that they were dating, not that we couldn't tell or anything. They were quite cute together. The only single guy was Vic now but he didn't seem to mind. At least he didn't seem like it.

"Boyfriend?!" Dad almost choked on his steak when I told him about Jaime at the dinner table.

"Oh," I chuckled nervously. "I didn't mention him? Must've slipped my mind... We've been dating for two weeks."

"Two weeks? Why didn't I know about this? Did you know about this?" He asked, looking at Angie.

She shrugged. "He's a nice kid, Joseph. Calm down. Trust Vienna to find a good guy will ya?" She replied, sticking her fork in her mouth.

"Alright," my dad sighed, "But if he hurts you, you better let him know I know how to load a gun and-"

"Dad!" "Joseph!" Angie and I said in sync.

"What?" My dad asked, throwing up his hands in defense. "I was just saying."

"Sure, dad. Anyways, thanks for dinner, Angie." I got up from my seat, pushing my chair in. "I'm gonna go to sleep." I announced. They said their good nights to me, then I skipped up the stairs, into my room.

As soon as I shut my door, my cell phone went off. I walked over and opened it, revealing an unknown number.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously into my phone, "who is this?"

"VIENNAR!! Hereyy ca-can you come and pick me up? I'm uhhh.. Shit! Ahhaha, man I don't know where I am! Think on the corner of fourth or some bs. Ohh! I'm by the police stay-shee-unn!" The caller said on the other end.

"Vic? Are you drunk?" I asked. "Why don't you call your brother or Jaime or somethin?"

"Hey hey heeeyyy. Why all the questions? Come on! Don't be a square bearrr! Come get meee! I'll be asleep on the sidewalk." And with that, the line went dead.

"Vic? VIC? Ugh!" I slammed my phone down on my bed then pulled on a sweater. I opened my door and looked down the hall. Angie and dad had already gone to bed. I slipped my room key into my pocket and locked my door behind me before sneaking out the front door.

I started skating down the road. I've been here long enough already to know where the fourth avenue was and I knew it was near the police station, so I skated there as fast as I could.

When I got to the front of the station, I came to a stop, kicking my board up and catching it with my hand.

"Vic?" I called, but no answers. I started looking around. The bushes, the sidewalks, everywhere near the station I could think of. Maybe he'd gotten sober enough to walk home himself? I highly doubted that though.

Just as I was about to give up, I looked further to the end of fourth and saw a bunch of kids, a few years younger than me, poking something on the sidewalk. I looked closer and saw that it was a someone. I looked even closer and saw the small figure an the long brown hair.

I ran across the street as fast as I could. "Hey! Beat it you damn kids!" I yelled holding up my skateboard threateningly. They looked up scared and ran off. I sighed then kneeled down to Vic, turning over his sleeping body and pushed his curly hair out of his face.

My first instinct was to call Jaime to come pick us up and take Vic home. I patted my pants pockets for my cellphone when I remembered I just threw it on my bed and left my house right away. "Shit." I quietly said to myself.

"Vienna?" A disheveled voice said, I looked down to see Vic blinking slowly, obviously extremely disoriented. "What are you doing here?" His words were still slightly slurred enough to know he was still quite drunk.

"Rescuing your sorry ass, though I have no idea why since you're always a complete dick to me." I told him, calming down to the fact he actually woke up.

"Oh.. You look pretty tonight." He said, smiling big and positioning himself to sit against the wall of the building.

I chuckled and patted his knee. "Shut up, you're drunk. Just sit there and focus on living okay? I probably shouldn't let my boyfriends best friend die on my watch. That would lose me major points in the girlfriend department."

Vic laughed. "What are you about? I just said,"-he hiccuped -"that you're pretty. Like a princess. Like Snow White. Are you Snow White?"

"No, Vic," I laughed. "But if I was, you'd definitely be the retarded dwarf."

"Nooo! He was pretty smart, he kept goin back for another kiss!" He slurred.

"Victor Fuentes, are you admitting to have sat down to watch Snow White?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He just chuckled and looked me in the eye. "You're beautiful, Vienna."

"Alright Vic." I said breaking our eye contact. "Let's get you home." I stood up and reached my arms to him to help his drunken ass get up. "Do you have your phone to call someone to come pick you up? I forgot mine at home.."

"Mine died already. I can just walk home." He slurred.

"Yeah right am I gonna let you stumble home alone. I'll just walk you home." I said and we started walking back to his house.

We didnt talk too much on our way to Vic's. I was just focusing on keeping him walking straight. It was already about 4:00 when we were on the other side of town, at Vic's house. "Are you gonna be fine walking home by yourself?" Vic asked. He was fairly sober now that he got fresh air.

"I don't know if I'll be able to get back in my house. I didn't get my house key. And my dad wakes up about five in the morning to work as if he saw me sneaking in he would freak out." I explained.

"Shit, well I can probably sneak you in my house if you want?" He offered.

"Uhh.. I don't know..." I hesitated

"Unless you want your dad to freak out on you?" He said sarcastically.

"Alright, might as well." I gave in. This was going to be so weird. Staying in Vic's house without Jaime or the girls. But I didn't want to take my chances at home.

He quietly opened the back door and grabbed a couple water bottles on his way through the kitchen. He lead me downstairs and into what I'm assuming was his bedroom. It was really messy on the floor, "you can just sleep on my bed tonight."

"But where will you sleep?" I questioned, with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's fine I can just sleep in the hallway."

"Don't be silly. This is your room. If you want you can just sleep with me on the bed, it's big enough for the both of us." I said.

"What about Jaime though? I'm sure this wouldn't fly by too good with him." He said looking down.

"Well.. It's fine by me if you sleep on the bed with me. Just as long as you don't make a move on me. Then we might have a problem." I said trying to joked with him.

"Alright. I'm exhausted so let's just go to sleep." He said tiredly, handing me one of the water bottles. He turned on a small lamp in the corner and shut off the room light. After that he climbed into bed next to me for the night.

"Night Vienna." Vic said quietly.
"Night Vic."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter. c;