Skyfall

Prologue

A loud clap of thunder shook the small, dark warehouse as rain poured outside. Aerabella shakily stood, glaring down her captor as he stood before her. A sick smile spread over his lips as he looked at her. Her brown hair had fallen out and was framing her lovely face as his cold eyes hungrily raked over her body. She tried to stay calm and remember what they’d taught at the academy about being taken hostage. The biggest was not to panic, even with this completely beautiful psychopath standing in front of her.

“You’ll never get away with this.” She growled. She took a step towards him. At the slight movement he whipped out his gun, aiming it right in her face with a speed that made her know that this wasn’t the first time he’d done this.

“I sincerely doubt that love.” He whispered. A flash of lightning illuminated the dark room as bright as day for an instant before it fell back into darkness. Her breathing was heavy since she had chased him here, but it had been a trap. She should have known he wouldn’t have given up everything so easily. She fought her body’s exhaustion and stood tall, glaring him down.

“Someone will figure it out, just like I did.”

“It’s not that I’m worried about Elle.” He chuckled. “Even if someone figures it out, no one’s going to take me down. I’m untouchable.”

“You’re a sick fuck is what you are!” She spat, her brown eyes narrowing into slits. “Think of what the others will do if they find out. They’ll hate you, when everyone stops liking the band they’ll blame you.” He stepped towards her, backing her into the wall and pressing his toned body against her. The whole place around them smelled faintly of ashes, but he smelled delicious. She couldn’t quite place the scent, but it was just as misleading as his innocent act throughout this whole thing, hiding the identity of a killer.

“We both know that he’s the only one you’re worried about. I bet he won’t even miss you when I kill you. He’ll just find another bird to chase and forget all about you.” He smirked as he pressed the cold steel of his gun into her temple. “You love him, you let your little emotions get in the way and it and now you’re going to die.” He whispered in her ear, his voice husky.

“If you’re going to kill me then just do it.” She snapped. He smirked again and let his free hand wrap one of her thighs around his waist.

“No, I think I’m going to make your death nice and slow. Make sure I get everything I want out of you first Elle dear.”

“He’ll end this; even if you kill me he’ll still stop you.”

“And what makes you think that?” He said, a smile still spread over his face as he let his gaze fall briefly to her lips before staring into her eyes again.

“Because he knew from the very beginning it was you.” She pressed her lips together, if he had just told her, trusted her, then she wouldn’t be in this mess. “And he’ll choose avenging me over protecting you.” With that something snapped as he took a step back from her and his smile turned into a scowl.

“He would never just give me up, not in a thousand years.”

“And what makes you think that?” She said, mocking him.

“You’re on thin ice Haddock.” He growled. She smiled; she had him right where she wanted him. If she was killed then he would turn him in, he would avenge her and get justice for all those she couldn’t.

“What happened to Elle?” She asked, smirking at him. She heard the click as he pulled the hammer back, his eyes now narrowed into slits as he glared at her in the dark lighting. She knew how much it hurt to be shot and just hoped it was a clean one. A through and through into the chest that took out her heart and was quick and painless. “He’ll avenge me, you’ll see.” She whispered. “Because I’m not a monster like you.”

That was the last straw. The whole world seemed to slow down as she saw his finger squeeze the trigger and her life flashed before her. She let her eyes slip shut and just wished she could have told him goodbye. As a clap of thunder shook the small room he fired.

No one even heard the gunshot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I changed the prologue
because I thought this was more film noir-esque
which is what I'm going for
And yes, a member of 1d is a murder,
sorry.
I just wanted to write something that wasn't so damn fluffy
Anywho, this should be good
I hope.
xoxoxo
TMG