Skyfall

On Your Hands

Douglas narrowed his dark eyes at her, trying to decipher the odd look in Aerabella’s eyes. Finally he gave up, looking at the sad woman before him. She let out a long sigh.

“What evidence?” She ran one of her hands through her hair.

“I had found the bastards hair on the jacket she’d been wearing. It was…” She paused, pressing her lips together. “It was the one I’d gotten her for her birthday. Anyway, I pulled it and amazingly the water hadn’t damaged the DNA at the root, so I took it to our old captain, Josh McCone, and he said he’d take care of it. The next thing I know that bastard that killed my sister, Samuel Richards, is walking out the front door, smirking at me. I went back to McCone, demanding where my evidence was and he told me they had decided to drop the case. I demanded to know why and he said that since I was related to the victim my evidence wasn’t admissible in court.”

“That’s bullshit.” He said.

“I know, and I called him out on it, but he just kept repeating ‘we dropped the case, let it go Haddock.’” She bit her lip and he could see tears threatening to spill over finally she sighed. “I found out later from Samantha, one of my CSI friends that McCone had told another one of the CSI’s, Tim Jones, to destroy the evidence so that Samuel could never be tried.” She shook her head. “I turned in my letter of resignation the next day.”

“Jesus Christ.” He whispered. She just shook her head.

“I feel like I let her down. I should have done something, I should have killed him.” Tears were stinging the corners of her eyes now as she looked to the ground, desperate to make sure Douglas didn’t see them. But a hand on hers made her shoot up to look at him. His dark eyes were locked on hers as he gently squeezed her hand.

“It wasn’t your fault.” He said simply. “You did everything you could, she knows that.” Aerabella shook her head.

“Somehow I think she doesn’t.” She whispered, looking to see if the smaller version of her sister was lurking about her apartment again, but Rickie was nowhere to be seen. She finally looked back up to see Douglas hadn’t stopped staring intensely into her eyes for a moment. She felt her heart start speeding and her stomach tightening for the first time in a long time. “Douglas.” She whispered.

He shivered slightly at the feeling of her hot breath against his skin as he began leaning closer to her. Her breath smelled like coffee and he couldn’t help but wonder if that’s what she’d taste like too. He let his hand slowly start to slide further up from her knee, watching her eyes closely for a negative reaction. She bit her lip, holding back a small whimper when his hand moved to the inside of her thigh and started going up again. Finally she grabbed his hand, her cheeks tinted bright red. He flushed, starting to pull his hand back when she grabbed the back of his neck and smashed their lips together. His eyes flew open before slowly closing as he slipped his arm around to her back pulling her closer to him.

She felt like fire had replaced all the blood in her body as their lips moved in perfect sync and he slowly started to lay her back on the couch. He tasted like the Earl Grey tea he’d been drinking, and those lips of his were just too perfect to be true. He slowly moved to position himself between her legs as his kisses started to move down to her throat. Her head fell back as her eyes closed, it had been two years since she’d been with anyone, and Douglas had been well worth the wait. She slipped her hands around his neck and ran them over his short hair. One of his hands slid up her leg, gently squeezing her ass and causing her to buck her hips into him in surprise. He bit down harshly on her neck, stifling a low, primal groan. He immediately pulled back, kissing the area gently before pressing his lips back to hers.

Both their eyes were glazed over and darkened with lust as he stood, scooping her into his arms before she pressed her lips right back to his. Both of them knew they shouldn’t do this, that it was wrong and could jeopardize everything, but the other tasted so good that neither one could stop. Finally Liam pulled his lips away. “Bedroom?” He said, his voice husky.

“First door on the right.” She answered. He grabbed the back of her head, pressing their mouths roughly back together before going down the hallway and groping the slick wood for the handle. Finally he found it, almost breaking the door down before making his way into the dark room. He didn’t bother turning on the lights or closing the door as he carried her over to the bed and dropped her onto the comforter.

She looked up as he all but ripped his baseball tee over his head, revealing the fit and tempting torso beneath. Her eyes turned near black as he smirked at her. She bit her lip, slipping her leather jacket off and tossing it off to the side of the bed. His eyes continued to watch her hungrily as she grabbed the hem of her tank top before slowly sliding it off over her head. No sooner was the piece of material on the floor when he pounced, pinning her hands above her head and grinning wickedly. His lips were soon on her neck as he kept her hands pinned. She tried to pull them away, but his grip was like a vice as her interwove their fingers and pressed their hands against the pillow. She was desperate to touch him, to run her fingers down his muscled back, but he refused to let go.

Finally she bucked her hips roughly against his, causing him to stop and bury his face into her neck, emitting a growl that made Aerabella’s stomach tighten. He looked back at her, his dark brown eyes now black as he pressed his lips back to hers, making sure to bite her lower lip until she whimpered. He let go of her hands, trailing them down her arms and around her back to quickly unsnap her bra. She tossed it over his shoulder, not giving a damn where it landed as he pressed himself back against her, loving the feel of her bare chest against his. Her hands slid instantly up to his back, feeling the way the muscles danced as his arms moved to pull her closer. His fingers traced down her sides before reaching her jeans. He quickly pulled out her gun, setting it gently on the floor before moving his hands to the front of her jeans. He had them undone and on the floor before Aerabella even knew what was happening.

She let her hands fall from Douglas’ back and down his chest before reaching the front of his jeans. She quickly unclasped and pulled out his belt; tossing it and hearing it clang against her wooden floor. She unbuttoned his jeans next, slowly sliding down the zipper and watching the way his eyes begged her to move faster. As he was distracted she flipped him over, tugging off his jeans before he kicked them to the floor. She slowly started kissing down his chest, loving the way he tasted. She moved lower, stopping at his boxers before slowly starting to pull them down.

As good as he knew it would feel to have her lips wrapped around him and watching her sexy little face bob up and down, he needed to be inside her, now.” He pulled her back up, flipping her over onto her back before he tore her panties off. His boxers sooned joined them as he looked into her eyes. That was the first time he’d seen something beside’s pain in them, they were a warmer shade of brown now instead of the cold one they’d been before. He slowly spread her legs apart, his eyes never leaving hers as he slowly pulled them together.

Her head fell back against the bed as a small moan escaped her. Knowing he put her in such a state made Douglas want to fuck her brains out and hear her scream his name. But he restrained himself, waiting a moment to let her adjust before pressing his lips to her and slowly starting to move. She dug her fingers into his back, somehow trying to bring him closer to her as he kept up his slow, gentle rhythm. Then he suddenly grazed her spot, causing her to bite back a whimper. He heard the noise in the back of her throat and smirked, rolling his hips to try and get her to make it again.

Her fingers sunk even deeper into his back as he attacked her spot relentlessly. She pressed her lips desperately to his as the heat between them grew to an almost unbearable level. She’d forgotten how good it felt to have a lover, and Douglas was easily the greatest one she’d ever known. From the way their bodies fit so perfectly together to the way she swore he could read her mind and know exactly what she wanted, she wondered where he’d been her entire life. And as she looked up, seeing his dark eyes lock with hers, she felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach that she’d didn’t recognize. She immediately pushed the feeling back, looking into his dark eyes before she felt herself hit the moon. She just laid there, unable to move from the sheer bliss, until she heard Douglas growl her name into her ear before he pulled out and collapsed beside her, both of them breathing heavily.

As she came down from her high she felt the reality sink in. She’d just slept with a suspect, and she’d loved every moment of it. She began to panic until she felt a hand intertwine with hers. She looked over to see Douglas looking at her intensely and felt the fluttering feeling again. She wanted to get up and run, to get away from this warm feeling in the pit of her stomach, but his eyes kept her frozen. Finally she gave up and moved over, lying her head on his chest and listening to his still rapid heartbeat. He ran his hand soothingly over her back as her eyelids started feeling too heavy to fight. Finally she let them slips closed, and for the first night in years, finally fell into a peaceful sleep.

Samantha bit her lip as she continued through the ever darkening alleyway. She pushed her glasses up a little further on her button nose as she followed Louis, but made sure to keep a good ten feet behind. She didn’t know why he was walking around Seattle in the middle of the night, or why he’d go through an alley when someone could easily rob the handsome British boy, but she knew she couldn’t lose him. Aerabella had asked her personally to watch Louis, which meant that he was her main suspect right now, and Samantha was determined not to let her friend and idol down. So she continued on into the darkness, making sure to grip her bottle of mace in one hand. Finally she saw Louis turn a corner and quickly followed, desperate not to lose him. As she turned the corner she felt her heart sink.

Louis was gone.

She bit her lip and was about to run down the abandoned streets to find him when a hand clasped over her mouth. Her eyes grew wide as she heard a lovely accent whisper into her ear. “Shh love, we’re going to have lots of fun you and me.” Her heart started thudding painfully in her chest as the scent of her captor washed over her. She couldn’t quite place the smell, but it was delicious, his hands were soft, yet strong as he slowly drug her back into the darkness of the alley. She felt a sharp blade against her throat and tears pricked her eyes, running over the hands of the man who would decide her fate. She heard a small chuckle as his lips pressed against her temple. Aerabella She thought. I’m sorry.

No one even heard the screams.

Her phone buzzing against the desk woke Aerabella the next morning. She grumbled, grabbing it and flipping it open “Haddock.” She said sleepily.

“Get to Pier three, now.” She expecting to hear Samantha or maybe even Ross. But it was Jones’ voice on the other end. She felt a sinking feeling in her stomach.

“What happened?”

“Why don’t you ask one of your little boyfriends?” He hissed, and then the line went dead. She hung up the phone, feeling her blood run cold as she started to get up. Two hands grabbed her around the waist, pulling her back into the toned body of Douglas.

“Planning on ditching me?” He asked as she turned to look at him. But when he saw the fear in her eyes he knew this was no time to joke. He let go of her, both of them leaping out of bed and quickly getting dressed. Aerabella threw on her jacket and opened the door only to feel a hand over hers. She looked back to see Douglas’ dark eyes and felt the mysterious warmth in her stomach again. “I’m coming with you.”

“This is police business-” He cut her off by pressing his lips softly to hers.

“Then drop me off at the hotel, I can’t stay here.”

“Take a cab.” She said. “The rest of them will immediately suspect something if I drop you off and you’re in the same clothes.” He stepped closer to her, his eyes so intense that she had to restrain herself from leaping on him.

“Maybe I want them to know.”

“We both know that this can’t happen. Please Douglas.” His eyes dropped to the floor.

“Right.” He said, remembering that he wasn’t himself anymore, he was Liam Payne, and Liam Payne wouldn’t sleep with a Private Investigator. Liam wouldn’t start falling for her either. “I’ll get a cab.” He said, his voice now returning to its same tone as he walked back inside. But before he shut the door he stopped, turning back to her. “Elle.” He said, using Louis’ nickname for her. She turned, seeing the broken look in his eyes and feeling her heart shattering. “If I was really, well, me, would you still want to… you know.” She looked sadly at him, feeling the warm sensation slowly start burning.

“More than anything.” She whispered. With that she turned, quickly making her way to her car so she wouldn’t have to look at him again.

She fought back tears the entire way to the pier. How could she have been so stupid? She had slept with a suspect for Christ’s sake! But she couldn’t deny this feeling sitting in the pit of her stomach and that only worsened every time she saw those dark brown eyes. Finally she arrived at the pier and was able to dismiss the thoughts in her head with concern as she saw the crime tape. She killed the engine and ran over only to have Ross grab her.

“You don’t want to see this.” He said simply.

“Where’s Sam?” She demanded. The older man was stone faced. “TELL ME!” She finally fought her way out of his grasp and ran over to the edge of the tape only to confirm her fears.

On the blood drenched planks of the pier laid her only friend left in the world, slaughtered like an animal. But that wasn’t all. This one came with a message that Aerabella knew was meant for her and only her. She quickly ducked over the tape, almost stepping on Sam’s glasses as she looked at the thick block letters spelling out three words.

ON YOUR HANDS
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I've been having a lot of trouble with this story. But I want you guys to know that you're keeping me going. From the three page long comments describing every motive the guys have to the short ones simply saying that someone is innocent or guilty you guys have supported me so much and you have no idea how much it means to me. I love all of you more than you'll ever even know, and this one's for you.

-LS.