Jealousy Never Dies

Casper

Pens and paper were scattered all around the room, and the sweet sound of Metallica filled the room. Casper sat on his bed, leaned up against the wall, softly humming to the music. He smiled, as he began to scribble lyrics in his black notebook that he had decorated with skulls, bats and other things that are classified as 'emo'. Thats what he was classified as, at least. Everyday it was still the same old "Hey emo faggot!" or "Kill yourself and do the world a favor!". He had learned to ignore it, but couldn't help but think that sometimes that they might be right. Everyone judged him because of his snake bites, hair style and dress style. So what if he wore black eyeliner? So what if he always wore a black hoodie? Why should it matter? Sighing, he began to write down more lyrics.
"Sweet, Sweet paradise was nothing but a dream. The perfect world we thought we owned, is nothing what it seems. Because smiles, only go skin deep." Casper nodded, as if confirming his work, and closed the book, setting it on a shelf beside the bed. Slowly, his eyes began to close, allowing him to slip into a much needed sleep.
"Casper!" A harsh voice awoke him suddenly, causing Casper to roll off the bed and hit the floor with a loud 'THUD'.
"What is it???" He groaned as he rubbed his head.
"GET UP HERE NOW!" Casper rolled his eyes and went up the stairs, to find his mother standing in the kitchen, arms crossed. "Care to explain to me why you have C's in almost every class?" She scowled. Casper shrugged. "I dunno. The teachers hate me, I guess."
"Casper..." She said with a sharp sense of impatience.
"I honestly don't know why! I do my homework, I take the tests and I do my best to survive every day I spend there!"
"Well, how would you get bad grades if you do what your supposed to?! You know why, Casper!"
"Yeah, so what if I do, its not like you'd understand! You actually had friends, mom! No one hated you! I'm the exact opposite! They put me through hell everyday and no one does anything to stop it! Stop asking me why, because you know why." Casper shouted angrily. He couldn't handle his mom always getting after him for things he couldn't control. He just couldn't. After a few long seconds of silence, Casper turned quickly and began walking towards the stairs to go back to his room.
"Have you told anyone yet...?" his mom asked, almost in a whisper. Casper knew what she was talking about, and yet he wish he didn't.
"How can I...? I've been here my whole life and not once has anyone ever bothered to talk to me... unless they're making fun of me, then they won't stop talking... If anyone knew about it... I wouldn't be able to stand it..." He sighed and finally left, leaving his mom alone in the kitchen.
Casper stormed into his bedroom, slamming the door after him and plugged in his guitar, beginining to play a few chords. He stared at a song he had been putting together. He smiled at the sound of it. It was soothing for him to be able to sit all by himself and do nothing but play and sing all day.
"The sound of loneliness
Terrible thing to hear
Just a hallow ringing
Echoing through my ear
Please someone come and find me
Take away this awful noise
Put it in the attic
With all my broken toys
The sound of emptiness
So dark it's frightening me
Please someone come looking
Please someone set me free
The sound of lonely footsteps
Echo through the hall
Please someone help me
Please someone call
The sound of my heartbeat
Followed by another
the panic starts to rise
Please help me, I'll smother
The sound of a lonely soul
Wandering in time
No one to turn to
No words to rhyme
The sound of darkness
Never goes away
This coldness in my heart
Is it here to stay?
The creaking of the doors
The whistling of the wind
If I did something wrong
Just what was my sin?
The sound of crickets
Is so clear tonight
The croaking of the frogs
It all seems so right
I'll end my life tonight
It all seems so right
Put out the light
Go fly a kite
Seems so right
All of my might
Don't fight tonight
Right..."

Casper smiled softly. Feeling much better after that, he set his guitar down and closed his eyes, once again falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song in the chapter is called 'Right', written by my best friend RJay :3 CREDIT FOR THE SONG GOES TO HER PEOPLE