Jealousy Never Dies

Mikayla

"Don't go in the graveyard!" a small boy said to another. "Its haunted!" The other boy laughed.
"I don't believe in ghosts, silly! I'll go in if I want to, just watch!" He proclaimed and marched past the old, rickety gate. He made it to the middle of the graveyard, where there was a simple gravestone that read the name "Mikayla." He frowned when he read the date. "1987 - 2002" She was only 15... The boy felt bad for the girl who died so young, and picked up a small flower, placing it on top of the grave. He sat down and smiled. He felt comfortable there, like he belonged. His mother always told him he was special, but he didn't know what she meant. He was only 10. What was so special about that? His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of someone rushing through the bushes behind him. When he looked, he caught a small glimpse of blue and a girl running. When he looked, he couldn't find the girl he saw. He frowned, wishing he could have said hello. Sadly, the boy stood up and walked out of the cemetery, giving up hope of finding the girl.
"See any ghosts?" His friend asked anxiously. The boy shook his head.
"Nope. Told you. Ghosts don't exist." He sighed. "Come on. Lets go home."

3 years later, the same boy came back. This time, alone. Things had changed for him. His friend moved and he had no one else to talk to. Bored out of his mind, he decided to revisit the graveyard after years of not being there. He walked in, admiring the beauty of the peaceful place despite the fact that it was filled with dead people. He walked up the hill and stopped in his tracks, seeing a familiar headstone. "Mikayla." it read. He smiled and brushed the leaves off of it. Once again, he heard movement in the background. He whirled around and saw a girl, around his age, maybe older, standing and smiling. She had long blue hair and wore skinny jeans and a simple tee shirt. How was she outside in the middle of November in a tee shirt? "Hello?" The boy called out, grabbing her attention. The girl look at him, startled. Slowly she walked towards him until she was about 2 feet away.
"who, me?" She asked.
"Yeah... you're the only one here, aren't you?" He laughed.
"You can see me?" She asked again with wide eyes, filled with joy.
"Um, yeah. Of course I can see you." He replied, studying her expression with confusion. "I'm Casper by the way." He smiled and held out his hand for a hand shake. The girl seemed hesitant at first, but soon grasped his hand and shook it gladly.
"I'm Mikayla." She grinned. "Nice to meet you Casper." Caspers jaw dropped.
"Mikayla...?" He pulled his hand away from the handshake, realizing it lasted too long, and looked from her to the gravestone and back. "Are you...?"
"A ghost? yes. Dead? Yes. Really here? Yes. Are you dreaming? No." She answered every question before they came out of his mouth without a problem. "You are the first person who's actually been able to see me... why?"
"Don't ask me!" Casper shrugged and paled. "So I'm talking to a ghost?"
"Yes, you are." She groaned.
"Um... I.... Wow...." He stared at her in awe. "You're pretty..." He blushed immidiately.
"I'm dead. How is that cute?" She giggled.
"I don't know that either. You're just cute." He shrugged, suddenly feeling his phone buzz in his pocket. "I have to go..." He groaned. "So, um, maybe I'll talk to you later?"
"Sure. You know where to find me." She rolled her eyes. "Bye Casper." She waved goodbye as he left the graveyard.
Mikayla stood motionless, alone again. She felt herself smile widely. "He can see me..." She mumbled before walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter, in my opinion, is just so weird ;~; Don't judge.