Jealousy Never Dies

Katlyn

Katlyn sighed, placing her forehead against the cold glass of the passenger seat window. She, her little brother, her mom and her dad were moving. Again. To...gosh...where were they going? Some town in Michigan... She couldn't believe her parents were making her move for the 8th time in her life. She looked out at the unfamiliar surroundings as the car pulled into the driveway of their new 'home'.
"You okay honey...?" Her moms soft voice asked as Katlyn unbuckled her seatbelt to get out of the crammed car.
"Yeah... Yeah I'm fine..." She replied in an almost inaudible whisper and climbd out of the vehicle.
"This is the last time we'll move, sweetheart... we promise..." her dad sighed. Katlyn turned on her heel, almost half way up the driveway.
"You said that last time too." She whispered, angry and hurt, then turned again, her brown hair whipping wildly in the wind, and stormed back inside. The moving truck had arrived an hour before them, causing the living room to be cluttered with stacks of boxes filled with stuff. Katlyn dug around for hers, and carried them up to her room. She set the boxes down and observed the room. The walls were bright pink, from the former owner of it. That will be fixed to fit Katlyn's style and love of red soon. The bed was a fairly nice loft bed, giving her room to put stuff underneath it. However, it was decorated with butterflies and hearts. Who owned this room, a six year old?! She shook her head in clear disgust and began putting some clothes in the dresser. When she looked up, she realized the mirror was marked with lipstick kisses. Katlyn sneered. Taking a wet towel she found in the bathroom, she did her best to clean it, leaving only a few smudges of lip gloss here and there.
"Katlyn, are you in your room?"
"Yes Mom, I am." she said, rolling her eyes.
"Oh, okay. I'm going to the store to get some new wallpaper. Anything you need?"
"Um... yeah. Red paint?"
"What shade?" Her mom finally asked after a minute of no reply.
"Blood red." She replied, a grin spreading across her face. She could already see her room, painted just how she wanted and covered in band posters and pictures and her keyboard right under her loft bed, along with a desk for her writing. As she knelt down to begin unpacking the box again, she came across a small, dirtied razor. It was obviously used, jugding by the amount of blood staining the edges of it. Katlyn picked it up carefully, running her thumb across the surface of it. She hadn't used it in a while, and her cuts were starting to heal from last time. She made sure that she covered the scars good, to hide them from her family. Looking away quickly, she placed it back in the bottom of the box and closed it, putting it in the corner of her room. 'promise me you'll do your best to stop...' were the last words she heard from her friend Roxanne before they moved. Katlyn had promised her she would try, and she intended to keep it. But she wasn't sure how long it would last... Shaking the thoughts from her head she pulled out her phone, texting Roxanne that she had arrived at the new house. As usual, she texted back immidiatley.
'I bet it'll be just fine there! Miss ya already! but I have to go. Moms making me watch the twins again :P TTYL!'
Katlyn texted back saying 'okay' and put her phone in her sweatshirt pocket.
"KATLYN, COME GET SOME MORE STUFF PLEASE!" Her dad called from the bottom of the stairs.
"COMING!" She shouted back and ran down the stairs. She bent over, picking up a few more of her boxes. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Katlyn put down her stuff and answered the door, finding a boy her age standing, with a piece of paper.
"Um.... Hi...." He muttered.
"Uh, hi. can I help you with something?"
"Is this the..." he paused, looking down at the paper. "Johanson residence..?" He said, looking back up. Katlyn shook her head.
"Um no... I'm Katlyn Smith... I just moved here... sorry." She shrugged.
"Oh... oh okay. Sorry." He said, turning. "maybe she gave me the wrong address..." he murmered softly to himself and walked off.
"That was weird..." Katlyn said to herself, raising an eyebrow.
"Who was it?" Her dad asked, sneaking up behind her.
"No idea... said he was looking for the Johansons..?"
"Johansons? Thats the family that was the previous owner. They moved out a few years after their daguhter Mikayla died." he stated. "Thats what the neighbor told me at least."
"Weird..." She mumbled and once again picked up her stuff and headed up to her room. Of all the times she had moved, this time different. She could tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter wasn't planned out a bit ._. I am sorry for the crappiness of it. Yup.