‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

The moment I knew.

Jenna doodled into her notebook boringly as the teacher continued talking about who knows what, she wasn't interested in what was being said about the history film they had watched. She only took this class because it was a guaranteed A. A knock on the door caused the teacher to shut up and her eyes to move over to the now silence. A dark headed boy walked in who she had never seen around. Then again, she didn't pay attention to a lot of people, but the boy quickly caught her attention. She didn't know whether it was from his adorable smile he had as he talked to the teacher or the fact that he had a Bayside shirt on, either way she was now a bit intriqued.

"Ok, class, this is our new student, Eric..." Mrs. Porter trailed off causing the boy to laugh, "Halvorsen."

A smile hit the girl's lips simply from the presense of him.

"Right, well you can take that empty sit in front of Jenna. Jenna raise your hand."

Jenna gulped down her nerves and weakly forced her arm up. His eyes landed on her and her stomach errupted into butterflies. Why did the stranger have to be so cute? The boy tugged on the back pack strapped to his shoulder as he walked over and fell into the seat in front of her. The teacher went back to talking and Jenna tried to focus on her pointless drawing although it was becoming a hard task.

"So Jenna is it?" She heard and her eyes darted up to see Eric turned in his seat.

"Yep and you're Eric."

He chuckled, "Right. I am."

"So are you from Arizona or..."

"Oh yeah. I mean, I went to a private school."

"Oh so you know people here?"

Eric smiled, "Well maybe like 5 but yeah."

She laughed, "Oh like who?"

"Nick Santino."

"Oh yeah? He's friends with my brother."

"Oh who's your brother?"

"Garrett Nickelsen."

"Oh yeah. I think I've met him! Now that you mention it, I kind of can tell you two are related."

She laughed, "Thanks I guess."

"Ok. Wow. Yeah that did come out wrong. You have the same eyes, that's it. You clearly are the more attractive one." He said flashing her a smile and she forced out a laugh trying not to blush. Thankfully the bell rang and the girl flew up from her seat.

"So, since you are my new friend why don't you show me where the cafeteria is." Eric spoke smoothly throwing his bag over his shoulder as he stood.

"Oh I am?"

"Yep. Kind of friends because we know the same people."

She laughed and a smile hit his lips. She liked how he didn't hold back. How bold he was. If anything it made him more attractive.

"I guess so."

"Alright then, well lead the way m'am."

She laughed as she stepped out the door and walked straight into John who she forgot usually waited on her.

"Oh hi." She said and the blonde boy snickered, "Hi. Forget about me?"

"No, the new kid is making me wait on him." She said pointing to Eric who laughed, "Hey, I'm Eric." He said sticking his hand out and John laughed, "John. Nice to meet you dude. Are you eating lunch with us?"

"Yeah, he is."

"Well I don't want to interrupt this little lunch date or what not..." Eric said and John laughed, "This little lunch date will also be with several other people."

"Plus the word date does not go in a sentence with our names together."

"Ouch!" John said placing his hand over his heart causing Eric to laugh, "Oh my bad."

"Yeah, he's a player."

"And she gets played."

"I do not."

"Right, she doesn't date anyone. I'm hoping one day she tells me she's a lesbian."

"John!"

Eric was now laughing hysterically as they entered the lunchroom.

"I'm kidding!"

"I'm telling Garrett."

"Oh come on!" John groaned as they reached their usual table where all their friends already sat.

"Halvo!" Nick said patting the kids back as he sat beside him.

"Halvo?" John asked with a raised eyebrow.

"My last name is Halvorsen."

"Ohhh!"

"Oh nice to finally meet you man, I'm Kennedy." Kennedy said from beside Jenna. The boys quickly engaged in conversation and she smiled at how accepting they were of Eric. At least he would now have friends here and now she would probably see him more than she assumed which she some how was ok with.

"Hey stop staring at the new kid." Jared chuckled elbowing her lightly causing her to jump. Her eyes darted to the red headed boy who had a smirk on his face.

"I wasn't."

"You were."

"He's cute. Sue me!" She whispered back and Jared laughed, "Oh man. This is going to be interesting."

She rolled her eyes as she looked back at her cell phone that laid on the table. It wasn't like she was going to tell him. She wasn't planning on it any time soon. Plus she barely knew him.

"Now here is my schedule. Circle the ones you have with me so I can have something to look forward to." Eric said sliding the paper across the table causing her head to shoot up.

A smile landed on his lips and she tried to breathe normally as her eyes met his. Was he this charming normally or was he simply good at it because he was a player? She prayed it wasn't the last.

She pulled the pen from his hand as her eyes diverted to the piece of paper. She needed to know just so she could prepare herself.

She ended up circling three which surprised her since he was a grade higher than her.

"1st, 4th and 7th, aye? Mhm."

"Looks that way, huh?"

He chuckled and Garrett butted in as he cleared his throat, "Stay away from my sister."

Eric laughed, "What do you mean? She's my first friend here!"

Jenna chuckled a bit at how Eric didn't seem phased by Garrett's obvious threat. A smile hit Eric's lips and Garrett rolled his eyes.

"Well someone is well protected." He stated as the bell rang too quickly and he got up from his seat.

"All talk."

Eric laughed, "I'll see you in a bit." He responded with a wink before John waved him to the door ushering him to hurry up.

Jenna was in trouble and she knew that as she watched him walk away.

"Dude, Garrett will kill you." John said to Eric once they were far enough from the lunch room. Eric let out a laugh as they reached the class he ironically had with John.

"She's cute."

"Yeah, she is, but..."

"But none of you have the balls to make a move? Well, challenged accepted!" Eric said dropping his books on the desk and John chuckled, "Alright man, your death. Plus, she's like our little sister as well. We tend to watch after her."

"Well, watch after her. I'm not planning to do anything to her."

"Alright man. Just saying." John defended as he fell in his seat. Eric laughed as he sat down. His eyes diverting to the front of the class as his mind wondered to the cute girl from earlier. He felt himself drawn to her already.

Was it too soon to have a crush on someone he just met?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm feeling really generous today so I figured I'd post a bit on an intro chapter to this! I am literally so excited to get this on the roll!

Also, if you are interested in Pierce the veil I have a story that I just posted the first chapter to as well, Feat Vic Fuentes

enjoy! :)