‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Friendship or something like it.

Jenna had to admit she didn't like spending hours without Eric. By 1 in the afternoon she was having withdrawals from the boy. She had to see him.

The girl sighed as she fell onto the couch and Garrett looked up from his video game, "What's wrong?"

"I miss Eric."

Garrett chuckled, "You two seriously kill me. Last night when we got back to John's, it was like 3 in the morning and he was talking about how he wanted to see you."

"3 in the morning? Where the hell were you guys?"

"Oh we got tattoos!" He said holding out his arm which was bandaged up.

"Garrett!"

"What?! It's not that big of a deal!"

"You're so stupid."

"Oh I am? Then so is your boyfriend and John."

"John got one?"

"Did you miss the part where I said your boyfriend got one?!"

"Wait. What?" She asked and Garrett rolled his eyes, "Your boyfriend, Eric Halvorsen remember? Yeah, he got one and not a small thing like me either."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm sure you'll see it."

"I'm going to kick his ass."

Garrett laughed, "He said the same thing. In his defense it looks good."

Jenna rolled her eyes, "All of you are idiots."

Garrett shrugged going back to his game. Jenna sighed as her phone went off and she glanced down at the text her boyfriend sent her.

'I miss you so much. I'll be over in 30.'

'With your tattoo....'

Eric didn't respond and that 30 minutes ended up only being 10. Clearly he knew he was in trouble. A knock on the door filled the house and the boy walked in immediately.

"Yep, I'm leaving. I can see this is going to get ugly." Garrett said immediately before flying up the stairs.

Jenna stared at the boy who rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"Jenna..." He mumbled and she examined him. The blue jean shirt he had on was rolled up to his elbows which made it easy to see his freshly, inked skin that he didn't have covered up like her brother.

"Please tell me that doesn't go all the way up your arm."

"Well, it stops here..." He stated showing off his arm and she rolled her eyes.

"Baby." He cooed slowly making his way to the girl.

"I cannot believe you did that."

"It isn't that big of a deal..."

She shot him a look and he groaned, "Ok maybe it is. My mom freaked the hell out. Jen, it was a spur of the moment thing. It wasn't like I was hiding it from you. I swear it." He added, placing his hand on her cheek.

She nodded and he kissed her several times, "I love you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It'll never happen again."

"Ok." She mumbled, hating how easy it was for him to be forgiven.

"I've missed you so much today." He whispered stroking her cheek.

"I've missed you too."

A grin hit his lips and he pulled her into his lap, "Are you mad at me?"

She shook her head no and placed her arms around his neck, burying her face into his chest.

"Good."

"Did you find a place?"

"Yeah, we did actually."

Jenna moved and looked up at him, "Really?"

"Yeah, we will see how it goes."

She nodded and he brushed back her hair, "I don't want to talk about it really. Kissing you seems more appealing."

Jenna giggled and he held her to him, kissing over her jaw.

"My brother's here."

"Your brother can get over it."

She chuckled before pressing her lips to his. After several minutes of kisses were exchanged, Jenna spoke softly, "You know what?"

"What?" He asked chuckling.

"That tattoo is pretty sexy."

Eric's eyebrow raised and he grasped her waist, "Yep. Your bedroom. Now." He breathed out, pulling her from his body and carrying her up the stairs.

Jenna couldn't help but laugh, "You're crazy."

"Crazy about you, Jenna Nickelsen." He whispered against her lips as he laid her on the bed.

"Does your arm hurt?" She asked her fingers tracing over his tattooed skin. Eric shook his head, his eyes never leaving hers.

"It's ok, love."

She nodded and he gently placed kisses over her face, "I love you so much."

"I love you." She mumbled as her eyes shut and he kissed down her neck.

"I'm scared I'll hurt your arm."

"Screw my arm, Jenna. It'll be fine. It doesn't hurt that bad."

"Oh but it hurts?"

Eric rolled his eyes, "Jenna, if you hurt me I'll tell you, but it's been four days and your parents aren't here right now so..."

She pulled him down kissing him immediately and she felt him smile against her lips.

~~**~~


"I love you." Eric mumbled against her neck as he held her tightly to him after their activities per say, took place.

"So, do you really like my tattoo?" He asked and she chuckled, "Yeah, I wasn't lying."

A grin hit his lips, "Good."

"What did Garrett get?"

"Uh, I think it's a peace sign."

"Figures."

Eric laughed, "Wait until you see John's it's brutal. Like it had to hurt."

"I have to see it."

"I'm sure you will today."

"I'm going to go shower." Jenna spoke, hovering over the boy and he grabbed her hips, pulling her onto him.

"What?" She asked with a grin and he shrugged, "You know you're going to end up marrying me one day, right?"

A smile hit her lips as she ran her fingers into his hair, "I'm well aware, Halvorsen."

"Good. Just making sure you knew."

She kissed him before climbing from the bed. Eric smiled, placing his arms behind his head as the girl went to shower. It was odd really. How he didn't know love like this existed, but to feel it at his age was something he would never understand and never regret all at the same time.

Once the pair was showered and dressed Eric grabbed her hand and pulled her down to the living room.

Garrett looked sternly at the pair as they walked in.

"What?" Eric questioned and Garrett shook his head, "I can't even..."

Jenna chuckled as she fell on the couch.

"Hey, let's go get food. I'm starving."

"I bet you are." Garrett grumbled and Eric shrugged, "yeah, from sex with your sister."

Garrett groaned covering his ears immediately.

"Eric!" Jenna yelled and Eric laughed, "Kidding! But come on you two. I'll text the others."

Garrett rolled his eyes and the group went out to Eric's car. The usual group met up at there usual spot and once they walked in they found John and Pat there already.

John's eyes immediately met Jenna's and a smile hit his lips, "Hey girl."

"Let me see your tattoo O'Callaghan."

"Whoa, you have to buy me dinner first, love." He winked and she laughed sitting beside the lanky boy.

He chuckled pushing back his unbuttoned, plaid shirt and pulling down the tank top underneath, showing off his fresh tattoo near his collarbone.

"Wait. Are these your lyrics?"

He nodded and she grinned, "I like it."

Garrett chuckled, "I love how Eric got the third degree and you like John's."

"Yeah, me too!" Eric stated glaring at the girl and John laughed, "Uh, well, I'm cooler."

"And he's not my boyfriend."

"So?" Eric questioned and she shrugged, "You are. Therefore it matters what you do."

"Not fair."

"Life's not fair, Halvorsen."

Eric rolled his eyes as Kennedy and Jared appeared.

"Kenny B." Jenna joked and the boy laughed as he fell into a chair, "Hello to you too."

"You're here after John. You're late."

"Hey sometimes I'm on time!" John defended, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What is on your arm?!" Kennedy asked loudly as he noticed Eric's tattoo. Clearly the boy didn't stick around last night.

"Oh did you miss that?" Jenna asked calmly and Eric rolled his eyes, "It isn't that big of a deal."

"I really just can't believe you did it, that is all."

"Oh please."

John chuckled, "Oh come on, give him some credit."

"Way to defend him."

"Someone has to."

"Yeah, Jenna, usually girlfriends do that, but nope, not mine!" Eric teased and she rolled her eyes, "Well maybe you should date John then."

"You know what Eric? Maybe you should, I would allow you to get tattoos and buy my meals anytime you wanted!"

"Thanks John. I'd appreciate that."

Jenna chuckled at the two guys now hugging each other as if they weren't in public. The friendship that had been made between Eric and John was amusing to her. It was like over night the pair had become best friends and if Eric wasn't with her she was certain she could find him with John. It would make things easier for her if the group ended up on tour with each other. At least then she wouldn't be so worried about everyone because they would all be together. Surely that would ease her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh in case you didn't know, my new John O'Callaghan story is up and running!

Without Warning Feat. John Oh