‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Future dreams.

Eric fidgeted in the back seat of the van as they drove into town from being a state away. Sure the tour had been a blast, but he was ready to be home, to see Jenna really.

"Dude, we're dropping you off first." Nick stated causing the others to snicker.

"Sorry! I just, I miss Jenna a lot. No one has to understand."

Nick chuckled from the driver seat, "It's ok, man. She's a cool girl."

Eric nodded, "But, she's meeting us at home. So drop the others off first."

"Sure you will survive?"

"It's going to be torture, but yes."

Dropping everyone off seemed to take years and once Eric and Nick pulled into their driveway he immediately grew nervous at the sight of her car.

"Just go. I'll grab your bag." Nick offered and Eric thanked him, immediately hopping from the van and flying to the house. Of course she had a key. It only seem fit so he didn't have to do anything but open the door to get in.

"Jenna Nickelsen, where are you?!" He shouted, not finding her in the living room.

He headed down the hall and came to a stop as the girl appeared at his bedroom door. A crooked smile hit his lips as he stared at her from the other end of the hall.

He didn't need to speak again, he just rushed to her, until he could wrap his arms around her, pulling her to his body.

"Hey you." He mumbled into her hair, "It is so hard being without you, Jenna."

She looked up at him and he immediately kissed her. Craving her lips that he hadn't touched in weeks.

"You cut your hair." She mumbled against his lips as he continued to kiss over her face.

"Yeah, I told you that. Do you like it?"

She nodded with a grin, "You didn't tell me it was that short, but yes, I actually love it."

He smiled and kissed her again, before walking her backwards into his room. He shut the door with his foot before leading her to the bed.

"I don't think I like all these changes, Halvorsen." She stated as he placed her on her back gently.

A laugh left his throat as he hovered over her, "What changes?"

"The tattoo, your hair, your band getting popular. I'm going to have to physically fight off girls now."

Eric rolled his eyes, "Wow, did you bump your head while I was gone?"

"Um, no."

"Mhm, so you're now blind?" He asked, waving his hand in front of her eyes. She swatted at his hand, "No."

He grinned, kissing her lips a few times before speaking, "I honestly love that you find me attractive even if that's absurd."

"How is it absurd? You're my boyfriend. Do you think I'm dating you for your personality? Psh." She joked, placing her arms around his neck.

Eric laughed, "And the truth emerges!"

Jenna grinned and he relaxed against her, "I don't care who finds me attractive, or how many girls like me, because I only love you and want you and as long as the feelings mutual it doesn't matter to me."

"Always have the right words, Halvorsen."

"It's because I have the right girl, Nickelsen."

Jenna's eyes met his and he brushed her hair back gently, "I missed you so much, Jenna. You have no idea. I literally ached for you. My heart physically hurt without you. It was miserable."

"Well, you're back now." She whispered and he kissed over her jaw before wrapping his arms around her and relaxing his head on her chest.

"I love you." He breathed and she ran her fingers through his now short locks, "I love you too."

The feeling she had from him being back was hard to describe. All she knew is she felt like her life was normal now and more complete.

"How long?"

"How long what?" He asked raising up to meet her eyes.

"How long will you be here?"

"I honestly don't know, Jenna. As soon as I find out you know I'll tell you."

She nodded and he kissed her slowly, letting his hand rest on her cheek as the kiss turned into passion he seemed to only possess in her presense. He was so out there that it surprised him that he could be so different with her.

Nothing was said as the pair stripped out of their clothes. His fingers memorizing the feel of her skin he had desperately missed. It was only with her that he felt this way and he hoped that would always stay the same.

"Have you told John you are back?" Jenna asked as the pair laid tangled in sheets, Eric wrapped around her as he kissed her shoulder.

"No, you were the only thing on my mind."

"Maybe we should go over there in a bit. Those guys have missed you. I think more than I have."

"Hey!" Eric stated, pouting as she faced him.

"I'm kidding!"

"Probably not. Apparently John was my fill in." He grumbled falling onto his back and she quickly hovered over him.

"Oh you are so full of it."

"Mhm." He grumbled, placing his hands behind his head, "the pictures I've seen are questionable."

Of course he wasn't mad, he just liked teasing her. She tended to get flustered easily.

"No one could take your place."

"Guess that's debatable."

"Eric." She responded with a glare and he smirked, "What?"

"Stop being a douche."

"Oh, you're the one spending all your time with John and I'm the douche?"

She huffed and laid back down crossing her arms over her chest.

Eric tried not to laugh as he turned on his side, "Baby, I'm kidding."

"Whatever."

He groaned and pulled her into him, "I love you."

"I apparently love John."

"That isn't fair." He whined, "I was messing with you. You know if I truly thought John was trying to get with you I'd kill him."

"I know..."

He kissed her, "Why don't we get ready and go see those idiots?"

She nodded as he rubbed her side, "Mad at me?"

"No." She mumbled, cuddling to him.

"We can stay here if you'd like." He offered, the idea of spending the rest of the day in bed with her not seeming so bad.

"No, you want to see them."

"No, I want to see you. In fact, I'd rather see you."

She kissed his chest before moving from his arms, climbing from the bed in just his shirt.

"Baby..." He pouted, holding out his hand and she chuckled, "Come on."

"But I can see them tomorrow. You will be in school. Fuck. I'm going to be spending 8 hours without you..." He said, trailing off as if it just hit him.

"Yeah? I'll be spending 8 hours without all of you. How do you think I feel?"

A frown hit Eric's sweet face, "I'm sorry, babe. I really am."

"Yeah, just me and freaking Alex!"

Eric's face immediately went stern at the mention of the boy.

"So, can I take you and pick you up?" He asked trying not to seem like it was so Alex knew he was still in the picture. He hadn't had trouble from the guy, but he wouldn't put it past him now that he wasn't at school with her.

"If you want."

"I do." He stated sincerely.

"Ok." She spoke with a grin, "Can I shower now?"

"Sureee."

She rolled her eyes and a smile hit his lips, "See, me living alone is pretty great, huh?"

"Not to bad. Good thing Nick is a clean freak."

"And what does that mean?!" Eric asked glaring at her as he climbed from the bed in his boxers.

"You're not neat, Eric."

"I am! Look at my room!"

"You are because I'm here to do it."

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled as she stepped to him, he watched her as she gently placed her arms around him, placing kisses to his collar bone causing him to shiver from the contact.

"I've missed you so much." She whispered and he grasped her hips, "I know. I'm sorry I put you through this."

"What? No. Don't apologize. This is your dream and I truly want you to do this. I mean it."

A grin hit his lips as he stared down at her, "You're so amazing."

She shrugged and he kissed her forehead, "Either way, I hate that you miss me. I know how much it sucks and I hate you have to feel that way."

"It's ok. I think it makes us appreciate the time we do have together more."

"Yeah...how did I get such a perfect girlfriend?" He asked cupping her face, "Pure luck, Halvorsen."

He kissed her before removing his hands from her, "Go shower baby."

She pecked his lips and fled into the bathroom. Eric chuckled as he fell onto the bed happily. He was so happy he questioned if it could last. He had great friends, his career was taking off and Jenna just made things over the top for him. It seemed wrong to be so happy but he didn't care.

Once the pair was ready, they headed over to John's knowing that half of the group was probably already there.

Eric knocked on the door and Jenna laughed as she pushed past him, opening the door herself and walking in.

"Are Jen and you on such a level that she can just walk in now?" Eric mused, as John embraced the boy in a hug.

"I would say no, but yes..." John stated patting the boy's back before pulling away.

"Jenna." John spoke with a grin as he patted her head causing her to roll her eyes.

"Glad you're back man." He stated as Eric said hey to the rest of the group.

"Yeah, he's lying." Kennedy joked causing John to shoot him a look.

"And why would that be?" Eric asked with a laugh and Kennedy continued, "Him and your girl are basically inseperable, and now he has to give her up."

John rolled his eyes and Eric chuckled trying not to make it worse for John.

"Oh well, don't mind me. You can keep her." Eric joked with a wave of his hand and Jenna's mouth fell open.

The guys chuckled and Garrett spoke, "Watch it Eric. She may have missed you, but she also will kick your ass."

Eric laughed as he stood, "Oh she knows I'm kidding. I'm getting a drink."

John watched Eric walk into the kitchen before deciding to follow. He needed to clear some things up.

"Dude, you know I'm not like, into Jenna right?" He immediately asked and Eric leaned against the counter, a can of soda in his hand.

"Uh, yeah?"

"I just don't want everyone's shit talking to bother you because you know, you're my friend and I'd never do anything like that to you." John said seriously and Eric grinned, "Dude, I know. Relax. I trust you a lot more than you give yourself credit for. I know you don't like her like that and I honestly don't care that you two hang out. I'm not here a lot lately and she needs a friend and if that happens to be you then so be it. It doesn't bother me."

John felt himself relax from Eric's words. John meant what he said. Despite how he thought he felt, he would never betray Eric. He was the only person who completely thought only positive things of John and that meant more to him then imaginable.

"Come on, man." Eric said wth a grin as he headed out of the kitchen.

He walked back into the living room only to see Pat and Jenna playing some board game, sitting in the floor around the small table. Eric chuckled and sat behind Jenna on the couch.

"You're cheating!" Pat yelled and Jenna shot back, "What?! I am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"How can I cheat at Candyland?!"

Eric laughed, "Wow, I feel like I'm babysitting..."

"So if we get John to pay you, you will leave?" Pat questioned and Jenna laughed and high fived the boy immediately, "Nice one."

"John's the dad? Out of everyone you would pick him? That's terrifying." Jared stated and John glared at him, "Hey! I'd be a good dad!"

"The drunk, musician dad."

"No worries John. Pat and I believe in you." Jenna said giving him a grin.

"Just for that, I will babysit you and Pat's future kids."

"I don't think they will be having kids together."

"I meant the kids they have with whoever they marry. So basically Eric and some out there girl Pat chooses." John said causing Jenna to laugh, "Awe, Pat would have the cutest kids."

"Thanks." Pat responded with a grin.

"Hyper active and cute as shit." Garrett joked and Pat rolled his eyes.

"Nah, I disagree. If anyone will have cute kids it will be me and Jenna. Not to brag but yeah, it will be ours."

Kennedy laughed, "Sadly, I know you truly believe that."

"I do." Eric smirked, relaxing in his seat, watching Pat and Jenna laugh and finish their game. He honestly did believe that. The thought of their future excited him. Sure, he wasn't planning to have kids in his life for several years, but he knew once he was ready to start a family the only way it would be right is if it was with her. Then again, nothing in his life seemed right unless it was with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you know, writing this story makes me wish it didn't end the way it did...haha.

Thanks for commenting and subscribing. :)