‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

I'll fix it all.

Jenna dropped her backpack onto the floor of her bedroom, shutting the door behind her before falling face first onto her bed, tears immediately covering the pillow.

Fighting with Eric was worse than she ever imagined and she never wanted to do it again.

She kicked her shoes off and slid under the cover not bothering to change clothes or do her homework like she planned. She just wanted to cuddle up and cry which is what she would do.

"Jen?" She heard and she covered her head with the pillow.

"Go away." She grumbled immediately.

"Jenna, what happened?" Garrett questioned, now worried about the crying girl.

"Nothing. Eric and I got into a fight and I just, can you leave me alone?" She stated tears falling from her eyes again.

"Ok, yeah. Just, let me know if you need anything." He fumbled out before closing the door behind him. He immediately fled to his room and dialed te familiar number.

"Hello?"

"Eric, you have 5 minutes to get over here and fix this." Garrett spat out, his brotherly instincts kicking in.

"Fix what?!"

"Oh my sister's feelings which have apparently been hurt since she's been crying since I got home!"

"Wait...what?"

"Yes. Jenna. Your girlfriend. My sister. She's been crying for like an hour. I went in there to check on her and she basically said it was because of you."

Eric's heart immediately fell into his stomach. He had hurt her. Sure. The pair got into a small arguement but he didn't expect it to effect her like this.

"I'm on my way." Eric grumbled before hanging up and grabbing his keys.

In know time, Eric showed up, banging on the door which Garrett opened with a look that could kill.

"I swear Eric if you're fucking with my sister I'll kill you. I like you, but I will."

"Relax. I'm going to fix this." Eric stated, pushing past Garrett and flying up the stairs to Jenna's bedroom. He knocked once before letting himself in.

"Garrett I'm fine. Please leave me alone." She breathed out and Eric shut the door behind him, "Yeah, but you're not fine."

Jenna immediately sat up. Her cheeks now tear stained and her eyes red, yet she still made his heart race.

"Go away." She mumbled falling back onto the pillow and he walked over to her.

"See, I can't do that..."

"I'm sorry you aren't John. I can't talk to you."

Eric ignored her and sat beside her on the bed.

"I love you."

She didn't respond and he brought his hand to her cheek, "I'm sorry, Jenna. I really am. You know how much I love you and I sure as hell trust you and yeah, maybe it does make me a bit jealous that you'd rather talk to John than me, but I shouldn't have acted like that or said half that shit I said and I'm sorry."

"I don't want to talk to John over you!"

"Ok, ok." He cooed, straddling her waist as tried to calm her down, his free hand stroking her hair gently.

She sniffled and he kissed over her cheek, "I'm so sorry that I made you cry. I never want to do that. I swear I'll work on it ok? I'll make it easier to talk to me."

"It is easy."

"I know, but I'll try to think calmly more often. I just, when anything hurts you, it's like it hurts me too because you mean so much to me."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong." He whispered pressing his forehead to hers, a sigh escaping his lips as he shut his eyes.

"I love you, Eric."

"I love you more. I was terrified on the way here because I was scared I lost you and I can't do that." He mumbled against her lips, "I can't ever be without you."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. She understood that very well because she felt the same way.

"Can we talk about today now?" He asked and she nodded as he fell onto his back beside her. He grabbed up her hand, placing their linked hands on his chest as she told him the events.

Eric breathed in and she raised up to look down at him, "Go ahead. Speak."

Eric shrugged, "Alex sucks, I'll hurt anyone if they are mean to you, and tell the cheerleaders John likes men."

Jenna cracked a smile, "Eric."

"What?! It's all logical." He raised up, proping himself up on his elbows.

She sighed, "It just sucks without you guys."

"I know, and I really am sorry that I didn't force them to hold me back."

She chuckled and he pecked her lips gently, "I however love you and will try and make this year not so bad."

"How so?"

"I'll figure something out."

She kissed him quickly,"I love you."

"I love you too. Do you forgive me for earlier?" He asked seriously and she immediately nodded, "Of course."

"Of course. I hate that you let me off the hook so easily! It makes me feel worse!"

"Well what do you want to happen instead?!"

He shrugged causing her to laugh and fall back onto the pillow, "You're ridiculous."

"Maybe so."

"Did you find out when you're leaving again?" She asked turning her head to look at him.

Eric sighed, linking his hand with hers, "Next week..."

"So soon?"

Eric frowned, "Yeah...we're making an e.p so we have to go out to California."

"So, how long this time?" She asked, trying not to be as hurt as she was. School already sucked and now she was going to be without him.

"I really don't know Jenna..."

The girl sighed and closed her eyes as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"So are we assuming a few days?"

Eric didn't respond and she breathed in, "Weeks?"

"Yeah..."

"More than say 4?"

"Possibly, Jen. Can we not talk about it?"

She didn't respond and he hovered over her, "Look at me. Nothing is going to come between us, you hear me? If I have to fly out every weekend just to spend one night with you I will because I love you and nothing means more to me then you do."

"Eric..."

"No. I mean it, so believe it. You are my life, Jenna and even more so you are my future and I'm not going to ruin it."

"Ok."

He kissed over her face before cuddling her to him, "I love you."

"Love you too."

"Let's not fight again. I hate it."

"Me too."

Eric kissed her and fell beside her on the bed, "Can I stay with you tonight?"

"Of course." She mumbled into his shirt. Sure they fought and argued and everything that occurred in a relationship but she didn't want it to be with anyone but him that she was certain of.