‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Missing you.

The next few months flew by much to Eric's dismay. Sure, he was still touring and only seeing Jenna when he could which was tough on the both of them, but they were making it work. Both knew they didn't want anyone but each other, so they had no choice.

"I miss her so fucking much." Eric groaned pacing back and forth as they tried to unload their van. 4 weeks. 4 weeks he was without Jenna and he was going insane. The thought of her alone caused his chest to tighten.

"Relax. Only two more days." Nick stated, patting the boy's shoulder. He could tell when Eric got home sick. He went from a fun, out there boy to a quiet, serious one.

"I just..." Eric mumbled tugging on his short hair.

"Just call her, we will unload."

He breathed in before thanking him and walking off alone as he dialed the familiar number. It was a Sunday so he knew she would be able to answer.

"Hello?" She spoke softly and he sighed, "Jenna Nickelsen, I am seriously missing you to death. If I don't see you soon I'm going to die. I know it."

Jenna chuckled, "Eric, two days."

"Two days. Right. Two days."

"Yeah, and a christmas break for both of us."

"Right." Eric mumbled, his nerves calming a bit from that, "I just, I love this and hate this all at the same time."

"I know. Me too."

He breathed in as he sat on the curb, kicking the dirt with his converse.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, a bit better now." He mumbled and she spoke, "I love you."

"I love you too. Everything ok there?"

"Yeah, Garrett and them are back already so it's pretty good."

"Lucky them."

"Eric, don't. You're living your dream. How many people can say that?"

"I know. I'm not ungrateful. Really, I'm not. This is everything I've ever wanted. I just miss you so much it hurts."

"I know, and I miss you just as much. Trust me."

"I know and I'm sorry. I hate that most of all. At least you have the guys to distract you."

"Yeah, John tried to teach me to skateboard yesterday!"

Eric scoffed, "You?"

"Oh shush."

"And?" He asked chuckling and Jenna continued, "Not my thing."

"I hate I missed that."

"I'm sure!"

Eric grinned, feeling better than he did even two minutes ago.

"Thank you, baby."

"For what?"

"For just talking to me. I needed this."

"Anytime. You know that."

"I really need to get back and help the boys."

"Ok, call me later?"

"I most definitely will. Love you. Have a good night."

The pair hung up and Eric went back to helping out. Two days he could do that. Then she would be his for two whole weeks. The boys of course would be home for Christmas and Jenna was out for school so it would be perfect.

"Justin, have you bought your lady a gift yet?" He asked, helping them bring in the drums.

"Of course."

"Dude, really? Fuck. I'm behind."

"Uh, no pressure but Christmas is in 4 days."

"I am well aware. I just don't know what to get her."

"Oh please. You two know each other better then anyone. You got this dude."

"I guess tomorrow I'll have to do it." Eric stated now a bit nervous. It wasn't that he hadn't thought about it, he had. It was just that time had slipped by quicker than he had prepared himself for. Plus, what did you give the girl that already has your heart?

The show went well and the two days seemed to go back faster then he assumed they would. Once him and Nick arrived at their home he dropped everything off at his room and left without a second thought. His mind wasn't on anything but Jenna.

He drove the short distance to her home and he all but ran to the front door once he parked. He knocked several time and Trey finally opened the door.

"Well, hello, brother-in-law, she's upstairs."

Eric patted his shoulder with a laugh before heading up the stairs as he tried to take off his blue jean jacket. He didn't bother to knock, just allowed himself into her room where she was lying on the bed, clearly listening to her ipod as she sung softly. A grin hit his lips and he crept over to her causing her to sit up quickly and yank the earphones out.

"Eric! You scared the hell out of me!" She spoke as she launched herself at him causing him to laugh, "Apparently not enough."

He held on to her tightly, taking in the smell of her and the feeling of her against him.

"Fuck. I've missed you so much, baby." He mumbled into her hair.

"I misses you more."

"Misses me?"

"Yep." She said with a smile as she pulled back to look at him.

He laughed before kissing her, "I love you."

"Love you."

The pair kissed a bit more before he released her unwillingly and she pulled him onto the bed.

"Do I get to keep you for a while?" She whispered and he hovered over her, "Yeah. 14 days, Jenna. 14 days of nothing but me and you. I mean it."

She grinned placing her arms around his neck, "So um, tonight is our family's annual christmas party. Will you be my date?"

"Of course."

"Awe, are we spending holidays together? This is so legit."

Eric laughed, "was it not before?"

"It was questionable."

Eric gave her a look and she giggled, "I'm kidding!"

"Who will all be there tonight?"

"Well, all my family, some family friends including the O'Callaghan's so you won't be too lonely."

"Ah that does make me less nervous."

"Why would you ne nervous?"

"Uh, because this is your family. I want to impress them! What if they don't like me?"

"Um, my mom and dad do so..."

"So what?! It's still pressure."

Jenna grinned, "You'll be fine. People love you. I love you."

"What time is it going to be?"

"7."

"So we have...six hours."

"Yep. Enough time to do your hair, Halvorsen?" She teased and he began tickling her, "What was that?!"

She giggled beneath him, wiggling around trying to get away.

"Eric!"

He smiled before grabbing her waist allowing her to breathe.

"Jerk."

"Mhm." He mumbled before kissing her, his tongue finding it's way into her mouth. A soft moan left her lips and his hands tightened on her. It had been too long for either of them and his hands simply on her waist set her on fire.

"Are your parents here?" He breathed and she nodded causing him to groan, "You have to come to my place. Now."

She chuckled, "I can't. I have to help my mom out soon."

Eric stuck out his bottom lip, "But I just got home..."

"I know." She spoke, placing her hands on his cheeks, "But unfortunately I'm only in high school and that isn't a good enough excuse for my mom."

"Hurry up and graduate."

She laughed before kissing him quickly.

"and we will be spending the night apart and I just got you back and this sucks. Move in with me now."

Jenna grinned, "Wished it was that easy."

"It will be next year."

"Yeah. It will."

He kissed over her cheek before rolling off of her, "Fine. I've been without you for 4 weeks surely I can live another day."

"Hopefully."

"Oh it's questionable."

She giggled and kissed his cheek, "Why don't you nap? You look exhausted. I'll wake you up in time to go get ready."

"Is the party here?"

"No, it's at the Ritz Plaza down the road."

"How fancy. So you're telling me this outfit is a no go?" He joked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. Yes it is."

"Alright. Fancy. Got it. Well you're lucky I love you." He stated placing his hands behind his head.

"I know. Get some sleep." She spoke, before kissing his forehead. Eric couldn't fight it anymore, he kicked off his shoes and cuddled into her covers as Jenna went to help her mother pack the car with decorations.

By 5 Eric was being woke up by Jenna shaking him lightly. He groaned as he glanced at the clock.

"Eric." She whispered and he rubbed his eyes, "I take back me wanting to live with you."

"Eric!"

The boy chuckled still half asleep, "I'm kidding."

"Right well get up. I need my handsome boyfriend to go home and get more handsome."

"Well, I must say, that's a good way to get me up."

She chuckled, kissing his cheek, "I'm going to shower. Please don't fall back asleep."

"Shower?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow and she shoved him back down, "Cool it, loverboy."

Eric groaned, "Fine. Go. Leave me sad."

She laughed, "I love you."

"Yeah. I know. It's why I'm still here."

She chuckled and headed into her bathroom. Eric forced himself up and grabbed his shoes from the floor. Once laced up, he headed over to the bathroom door, knocking lightly.

"Baby, what time should I be back? I mean, you are planning to ride with me right?"

Instead of a response, Jenna opened the door, a towel wrapped around her, "of course and 6:30."

He nodded, "Ok. 6:30 it is. I've got to go. You hate me so..."

"I hate you?!"

"Yes! Couldn't you hae just answered through the door?!"

"I didn't think you could hear me over the shower!"

"You heard me didn't you?!"

"Are we legit arguing about this?" She asked, a grin hitting her lips.

"Yes, yes we are because I want you."

"You sound like a twenty year old boy right now, Eric Halvorsen."

He frowned, "19 and a half and I know. I'm sorry."

She chuckled, "Go get ready. If we are late they will in fact hate you."

Eric sighed, "Ok. See you soon."

Eric left and Jenna spent the rest of the time getting ready. It took that long because she curled her hair, and she spent time on her make up. Afterall, she had to wear a dress and make a good impression.

"Jen! Eric is here!" Trey yelled and she rolled her eyes before grabbing up her clutch and heading downstairs.

What amazed Eric was how even after all this time, he still got butterflies from the sight of her.

"Well, someone cleans up nicely." She chuckled checking out her boyfriend in simple formal wear.

"Yeah, what can I say?" He joked, pulling her into him.

"And somone looks beautiful." He added at a whisper, not caring if her red lips stained his as he kissed her. He pulled back with a grin, his eyes scanning over the well fitted green dress. His favorite color on her if he had to say.

"Ready?" He asked, squeezing her hand gently.

"I guess so."

Eric grinned and led her to his car. It was going to be an interesting night that was for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys. I just finished writing the last chapter for this. 5 left. I want so badly to tell you things that will happen in those 5 chapters, but I'm forcing myself to hold it in...

I'm sure I'll post them early anyways. I seem to do that. Haha.